SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tournament/Event Winners Sound Prize jasonthekidd11 New Features 37 04-04-2010 08:57 AM
Tournament Winners Blade New Features 27 01-03-2008 02:22 PM
Effects on hits (-ReY619RvD-) New Features 9 03-14-2007 08:20 PM
Weather effects (ShinKu_Ryu) New Features 28 12-14-2005 05:05 AM

Old 09-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tournament Winners effects :D

alright i have an idea, i discussedit with Shadow~Jolteon, and he said it would be pretty tight if they could see their face as theyre burning up, and stuff... what im about to intoduce to you.. is some special effects for Toruanmetn winners

alright... say like this... if a tournament winner joins a game, or Joins it, he can choose whether he wants his characters ( Ryu, Ken and akuma) to do fire and ice moves like for instace ryu shin-shoryuken would make them freezes for at least 10 seconds and it would be a level two shyruken that would be required for the T'winner to do this.. or for Ken... triple uppercut would require 2 levels and the fire thats on them would deplete their energy up to 10% for 5 seonds and they would be asfast as they should while on fire

so, im not trying to introduce "New MOves", only T'winners special abilities. i think every group should have their own types of special abilities..

like VIP's have green and Black ( and by pressing 9 until game starts ) black and white ryu, ken, akuma and Juggarnaut

also, I have another one :d. what if a person have a a Silver akuma, how about all of his special come out silver and stuff instead of a blue vindicated one.. or a Golden Cyclops having a golden optic blast would be super ownage if you ask me

MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
(Fallen_Angel)
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
(Fallen_Angel) is an unknown quantity at this point

plain and simple.... NO, this is very cheap moves you are talking about here and ppl are tournament winners for a reason, they are highly skilled in there char of choice they dont need such *** moves to win games!!!!
(Fallen_Angel) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 165
Tsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished road

I like the idea, especially the colored specials.

I just think itd be difficult to put in

Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
(Fallen_Angel)
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
(Fallen_Angel) is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (streetchamp101 @ Sep. 12 2007,12:21)]I like the idea, especially the colored specials.

I just think itd be difficult to put in
its not just effects, he talks about freezing you, putting you into a dizz, tripe shuryukens that put you on fire and deplete 10% of ur energy bar and so on, these are more than just effects.
(Fallen_Angel) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #5
shindshiznetz
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
shindshiznetz is an unknown quantity at this point

it all depends on the pallet color
for example, if you have certain colors, there moves will be colored aswell, like the black and white spider,his shield and web sting are different colors.

shindshiznetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #6
system4
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3 & 5 & 6

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Lol.. you might as well forget this idea..TMyApp still a bit hesitant on my idea for Twinners..
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
streetkid4
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
streetkid4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantasy Much? O_o. Thats a bit overboard man, Who will have a chance against them.

EsKayFosho
streetkid4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
SoulEdge3
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SoulEdge3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i thinks its a good idea. just take the effects off. like the freezing and fire stuff off. anyone agree
SoulEdge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #9
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((Fallen_Angel) @ Sep. 12 2007,06:13)]plain and simple.... NO, this is very cheap moves you are talking about here and ppl are tournament winners for a reason, they are highly skilled in there char of choice they dont need such *** moves to win games!!!!
it would be kinda cool conidering they can only use it twice a day meaning that they wont have a BIG advantage over you, unless youre the one theyre gonna use it on

Old 09-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #10
SoulEdge3
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

true. but u should be only able to change moves. i like this idea man u got a mind of a good sfo love. (salutes to him)
Old 09-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #11
Shadow~Jolteon
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Shadow~Jolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit Shadow~Jolteon's YouTube

don't forget that I gave him the idea about their face right side of their health. showing burn, freeze, shocking, etc.
Page #2, is the reason this user is now banned from the Forum.
- Contact blockattack
Shadow~Jolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Yep;Z he surly did, nice idea from the both of us

Old 09-13-2007, 04:25 AM   #13
KingofCrap
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
KingofCrap is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a really awesome and cool idea. IF it could be put into effect without too much trouble, it'll be great to see this in action.

One concern I might like to raise is that there might be too many customised colors of specials flooding the screen at any 1 time, especially in a brawl with 2 or more Twinners, and we all end up starry-eyed from the fireworks.

For me, I might be so captivated by the effects and end up doing more watching than fighting. LOL.

KingofCrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:51 AM   #14
system4

Post Thanks / Like
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

You have to realize with people already complain about Lag and Performance issues.. do we need more to add much more trouble like this to the game engine? With people complain about 10-20 fps or 64-124 pings when they host.. do we need to make it worse with something that's not really needed? I don't think so..
Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 AM   #15
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
LegacyofKain is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (MEGA_DRACOS_XRL @ Sep. 12 2007,11:43)]alright i have an idea, i discussedit with Shadow~Jolteon, and he said it would be pretty tight if they could see their face as theyre burning up, and stuff... what im about to intoduce to you.. is some special effects for Toruanmetn winners

alright... say like this... if a tournament winner joins a game, or Joins it, he can choose whether he wants his characters ( Ryu, Ken and akuma) to do fire and ice moves like for instace ryu shin-shoryuken would make them freezes for at least 10 seconds and it would be a level two shyruken that would be required for the T'winner to do this.. or for Ken... triple uppercut would require 2 levels and the fire thats on them would deplete their energy up to 10% for 5 seonds and they would be asfast as they should while on fire

so, im not trying to introduce "New MOves", only T'winners special abilities. i think every group should have their own types of special abilities..

like VIP's have green and Black ( and by pressing 9 until game starts ) black and white ryu, ken, akuma and Juggarnaut

also, *I have another one :d. what if a person have a a Silver akuma, how about all of his special come out silver and stuff instead of a blue vindicated one.. or a Golden Cyclops having a golden optic blast would be super ownage if you ask me
No

If you were gonna make a suggestion such as give tourney winners a coloured banner of slightly different coloured effects IE have a blue flame instead of a red flame for ken then it's in the realms of sanity but having moves that freeze people?

This is SFO not Mortal Kombat.....

LegacyofKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #16
Dark_slice
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
Dark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura about

well said

im with LegacyofKain on this one..
Dark_slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #17
SoulEdge3
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

me too i'm with him on that. but the blue flame thing is cool
Old 09-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #18
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (LegacyofKain @ Sep. 13 2007,02:17)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (MEGA_DRACOS_XRL @ Sep. 12 2007,11:43)]alright i have an idea, i discussedit with Shadow~Jolteon, and he said it would be pretty tight if they could see their face as theyre burning up, and stuff... what im about to intoduce to you.. is some special effects for Toruanmetn winners

also, *I have another one :d. what if a person have a a Silver akuma, how about all of his special come out silver and stuff instead of a blue vindicated one.. or a Golden Cyclops having a golden optic blast would be super ownage if you ask me
No

If you were gonna make a suggestion such as give tourney winners a coloured banner of slightly different coloured effects IE have a blue flame instead of a red flame for ken then it's in the realms of sanity but having moves that freeze people?

This is SFO not Mortal Kombat.....
hmm. i was talking about soemthing like this which, freezes them instantly for 4-10 seconds. and technically, those seconds will be gone before you know it

Old 09-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #19
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]which, freezes them instantly for 4-10 seconds.
Let's think about Lag first..

Those 4-10 secs.. you might think you hit them with that 4-10.. but sometimes in reality you don't hit them on their screen.. and now what would happened?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #20
SoulEdge3
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

that looked really cool. i'm with u all the way
Old 09-14-2007, 01:43 AM   #21
Iplay2win
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point

"freeze for 10 seconds"

a fighter's life can go from full to empty in less than 10 seconds if he can't move
Old 09-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #22
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

I like the basic structure of this Jolteon/Darcos idea. Which is to give certain member groups specific, slightly altered moves, based on what they've achieved. The stated tourney winners for example.

Kainís suggestion is the ball park you need to put it in. Keep it basic and streamlined, excess graphics = excess work for TMy and excess lag.

I like the idea overall.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #23
SoulEdge3
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

it is a great idea. i could have never thought of it. good job u guys have brains i do not..... lol
Old 09-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #24
ManU

Post Thanks / Like
ManU is an unknown quantity at this point

i think the best updated will be make new backgrounds

ManU is offline   Reply With Quote