SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Bugs and Problems report

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Game Vindicator Blake1092 Members Help Center 3 02-10-2009 10:47 PM
Game Vindicator EXE. Rightous~Epiphany Bugs and Problems report 0 07-21-2008 04:56 PM
Game Vindicator! guitarrocker General Comments & Strategies 24 07-19-2008 04:28 PM
Game vindicator MeteorRyu5 New Features 36 05-04-2007 03:43 PM
[ Old Thread - Game Vindicator Problems ] TMyApp Bugs and Problems report 128 02-17-2007 03:04 PM

Old 02-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice
Talking Re: [ Game Vindicator Problems ]

Before posting in this thread, please make sure to familiarize yourself with some basic info on the Game Vindicator, as well as the list of most common problems and solutions (seen below).

As always, "Game Vindicator" will often be referred to as simply "GV"

Game Vindicator Requirements:

GV was tested on all major types of operating systems and service packs, including: Windows 98, ME, 2000 and XP. Game Vindicator software requires next to no CPU or Memory, and will cause absolutely no slowdowns, lag or performance decreases on your computer (or SFO) ... UNLESS there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with your operating system (basic troubleshooting steps to solving such serious problems can be found further down)

As of now, GV fully supports most versions of Windows (including 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP and Vista).

Trouble During Installation:

If you are running Windows 2000 or XP, please make sure that you have "administrator" privileges before you begin installing the Game Vindicator. If your Windows account does not have sufficient rights, you will most likely receive errors during installation (such as: inability for the installation to register specific DLL and Ock files, or read/write protection errors).

Bypassing The Installation:

If all fails, and you still cannot install the Vindicator on your system, you can try running the non-installable version of GV, which can be found here:

http://gamevindicator.com/gamevindicator_noinstall.exe

Simply extract the above EXE to any folder, and run "GameVindicator.exe"

Security Restrictions:

Game Vindicator relies on Internet and network-based communication with both your system and Street Fighter Online. If you are running any types of "firewall" or "general security" software, make sure that both SFO and GV have been granted full access.

A "connection lost" GV error is generated inside SFO

It could be that you are running too many programs in Windows and/or you have a slow computer which cannot handle both SFO and GV during the more "intense" moments of game-play. Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL in Windows, then going to the "Processes" tab of the Task Manger, and increasing the CPU priority of GameVindicator.exe may help solve this issue. Likewise, you can attempt to run SFO in a smaller window and/or lower the graphical settings of SFO in order to increase your performance.

Slowdowns in Game and Windows

If while running GV, you are experiencing performance issues with SFO or your operating system, there are a number of steps you can take to solve such problems.

First, make sure you close out of any and all unnecessary Windows applications (this includes: various download software, and any Memory/CPU intensive applications).

You can also identify if your operating system has problems, or if it is not fully compatible with GV: to do this, press "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" on your keyboard and enter the "Task Manager". Under the "Processes" tab, find "GameVindicator.exe". If it uses more than "05" (ie: 5%) of your CPU, you do indeed suffer from compatibility issues between GV and your Windows, or, your version of Windows has broken or corrupt core-components.

A possible solution is to "Right-Click" on "GameVindicator.exe" and go to "Set Priority" option ... (this is once again done in the "Task Manager" under the "Processes" tab described above) ... *then pick either "BelowNormal" or "Low" settings.

This should allow GV to use less CPU during game-play of SFO, however, it could also cause "time-out" issues between the game and GV (in short: this may solve all or problems, or, it could cause GV to constantly disconnect from SFO at random).

Slowdowns with Certain Characters

Don't forget that the Vindicator allows you to enable new visual effects in SFO (these include: motion blur, bright flares, as well as new character animations and features).

It is possible that your computer may not be powerful enough to handle these new effects, and as a result, even though GV offers no slowdown to your system, SFO may become "slow" or "unplayable" when using (or playing against) Vindicated characters like Ryu and Akuma.

The solution would be to turn off all of the game's new graphics and effects. This can be done by un-checking the "Induce Seizures" box in the "Options" section of SFO's main menu (under the tab called "Other").

All other Problems

If you are still having issues with GV, feel free to post a detailed explanation to your problem in this thread, and "someone" will be able to offer you help.

As always, make sure to mention specifics of your computer (most of these can either be founder in your "Control Panel" under "System", or by going to "Start" and "Run", and typing "DXDIAG" )

Let us know:

1: What type of Windows you are running (including the "Service Pack" number)

2: What type of CPU you have (Intel ?? AMD ?? 1.5 GHZ ?? 2.5+ GHZ ?? )

3: How much RAM memory your system has (256 megs ?? 512 ?? 1gig+ ?? )

4: What type of firewall/security software you are running (McAfee ?? Norton ?? ZoneAlarm ?? )

5: Mention of any specific error messages that might be generated by either Windows, GV or SFO

6: If applicable, the exact steps you (or someone else) could take in order to replicate the bug/problem you are experiencing

7: The version of SFO are you running (Web or Downloadable ?? )

**** UPDATE:

for the 5 users who might care and/or be affected by this ... as per the press-release/news info posted on gamevindicator.com, GV now fully supports all versions of Windows (including Vista)

however, if you are currently having no GV issues, there is no need to upgrade ... but if you are a Vista user, head on over to the "downloads" section of SFO or directly to http://gamevindicator.com/gamevindicator_1_1.exe and grab your free copy of GV 1.1

TMyApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
Venomous-Ninja
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Venomous-Ninja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [ Game Vindicator Problems ]

Uhh, I can't really answer all those questions, but here's my prob;

Sometimes when I have the game vindicator and sfo running, sometimes sfo says that it lost connection with GV but I still have it on...
Old 03-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
CFRKillerTofu

Post Thanks / Like
CFRKillerTofu is an unknown quantity at this point

I also have a problem. It seems that most of the time I attempt to join a non-vindicated game, I am unable to. The result will be "Unable to connect", or somewhere around the lines and yet both computers will be running smooth. Eversince vindicators came into play, the non-vindicated arena problems became more visible. I guess that having vindicators is not such a bad idea. It's just intrigues me on how bugs would have such a huge effect on the game. BTW, you guys did a great job with programming it.
Fullmetal: WHO ARE YOU CALLIN' SO SMALL YOU CAN CRUSH LIKE AN ANT!?
Alphonse: Calm down Ed. He didn't say anything like that.
Rata: (Edward tends to go overboard about that kind of thing. He REALLY hates being called a shorty. It's funny yet makes sense.)
Wise man says that forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza. -Michelangelo from TMNT's first movie.
Good times....
CFRKillerTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (CFRKillerTofu@ Mar. 06 2007,15:31)]I also have a problem. It seems that most of the time I attempt to join a non-vindicated game, I am unable to. The result will be "Unable to connect", or somewhere around the lines and yet both computers will be running smooth. Eversince vindicators came into play, the non-vindicated arena problems became more visible. I guess that having vindicators is not such a bad idea. It's just intrigues me on how bugs would have such a huge effect on the game. BTW, you guys did a great job with programming it.
Most likely, on those non-vindicated games, the game may have started, was closed, or the person can't host and he/she doesn't know it.

@Venomous: Do you put your computer on Stand-by or Hibernate? Putting your computter in those states cause GV to lose connection with your SFO game.

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Want to know what is the music played in SFO?
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
Nyah!
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Nyah! is an unknown quantity at this point

Also.. if ur on the menu screen and it is left there whilst vindicator is on, and you open up internet browser and go youtube, it somehow forces the computer to think that vindicator has been closed, because it goes to the "your connection with GV has been lost" screen, forcing you to restart the game
Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
(-ReY619RvD-)
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
(-ReY619RvD-) is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently started encountering this problem today.
I run Game Vindicator, run SFO. When I go to a server a Windows error message says sfosmallwindow.exe has encountered a problem and will need to close.
(-ReY619RvD-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
ryuishero
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
ryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((-ReY619RvD-) @ Mar. 18 2007,10:55)]I recently started encountering this problem today.
I run Game Vindicator, run SFO. When I go to a server a Windows error message says sfosmallwindow.exe has encountered a problem and will need to close.
That's not exactly a "bug" as you posted in this topic. *It's just that the window that you opened encountered error since you were trying to join a server that was really loaded and full packed with lots of users. It happens to me sometimes also..if you are playing the online version then:

1) go to to tools of your interent browser
2) Internet options and delete cookies
3) Restart your computer and trying going on to one of the SFO servers.
Try not to go to a server where it is fully loaded with users..it causes it to slow down a little...so try avoiding that..

If you are using donloaded version then uninstall all the SFO components and re-install it again.
Also sometimes it could be because of the shockwave version you might be using. *Use the recomended version which is shockwave 8.5, if you need to that then uninstall the exisiting shockwave version from your system and download it from here....

Updated for DWX Sentinel's: http://www.freewebs.com/shinkuuhadoken/
ryuishero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
jerseyperson

Post Thanks / Like
jerseyperson is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if ive been banned or what, hopefully its a GV bug but when i enter my password and the menu comes up it says " For extensevly breaking the rules of sfo. Cheating or associating yourself with groups or people who perform <span style='color:green'>illegal game activites</span> You are now <span style='color:green'>locked from sfo.</span> "
Then i see the GV logo on the top of the paragragh.
As ive said hopefully I haven't been banned(for no reason) or its a GV bug considering the logo above =/.

jerseyperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:26 PM   #9
New World Order

Post Thanks / Like
New World Order is an unknown quantity at this point

when i got the GV i didn't get the features it was like i never installed it
Old 04-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #10
1-hitta

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2433
1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough

[*]Clear cache[*]Clear cookies[*]Make sure it's installed[*]Restart PC[*]Test it out
if that don't work reply.

Cyber Akuma -- Brought to you by SFO Underground!

1-hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #11
TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice

jerseyperson: not a bug ... you are banned ... email info@streetfighteronline.com to make your plea

New World Order: was the Vindicator running/active when you started SFO ?? ... if so, make sure that you tell your personal firewall to grant full access to GV ... (assuming you have a firewall that is)
TMyApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #12
New World Order

Post Thanks / Like
New World Order is an unknown quantity at this point

how do i make the firewall grant full access
Old 04-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #13
Nferno666

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 512
Nferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (New World Order @ April 01 2007,12:16)]how do i make the firewall grant full access
software type firewall or hardware type aka a router?

XMVSSF/SFO Record: Wins: 24,549(94.12%) Losses: 1,534(5.88%) Total: 26,083 As of 02/07/12
Nferno666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #14
jerseyperson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (TMyApp @ April 01 2007,13:42)]jerseyperson: not a bug ... you are banned ... email info@streetfighteronline.com to make your plea

New World Order: was the Vindicator running/active when you started SFO ?? ... if so, make sure that you tell your personal firewall to grant full access to GV ... (assuming you have a firewall that is)
Ive already sent an email to support@streetfighteronline.com I don't wanna double email because Ive been told they are the same. =/ (I'm Innocent)

Old 04-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #15
Nferno666

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 512
Nferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really nice

emailing info@streetfighteronline.com for account issues is best...question about the game or help game wise should goto support@streetfighteronline.com

XMVSSF/SFO Record: Wins: 24,549(94.12%) Losses: 1,534(5.88%) Total: 26,083 As of 02/07/12
Nferno666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #16
jerseyperson

Post Thanks / Like

Okay i use that one then @(_ _)@

Old 04-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #17
ryuishero
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
ryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this pointryuishero is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to wait for the reply...it will be answerned within one week or two week Just be patient and all will be well.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #18
4life_killah
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
4life_killah is an unknown quantity at this point

wel i never had problems wit vindicator i feel protected with it hehe no hackers
Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #19
ZERO~GS
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
ZERO~GS is an unknown quantity at this point

same as killah...just the "losing your singal getting kicked by bot" thing that bothers me...but all in round good
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #20
DaBlaze4Life

Post Thanks / Like
DaBlaze4Life is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((Shady_vip)^ @ April 01 2007,01:19)][*]Clear cache[*]Clear cookies[*]Make sure it's installed[*]Restart PC[*]Test it out
this is an important cuz for da past week and a half every time i go to start a screen shows up and says gameover and takes me to da training server and its pissin me off cuz i cant play SFO
heres da pic and how do i [*]Clear cache[*]Clear cookies
man....i need some serious help or ima be locked out of SFO 4-eva....i also read what it said at da botom and i havent done anyofthose things!
my sfo name is 111000111

Old 04-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #21
DaBlaze4Life

Post Thanks / Like

this is f#@ked up
my fault for B$@^#in but i cant play sfo cuz of da game over thing..
i havent broke anyrules, cheated, associated my self with groups of illegal game activities or anything.....man this is seriously F......man.....
agin... my fault for b$^@#in

Old 04-03-2007, 10:46 PM   #22
4life_killah
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
4life_killah is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think you should be saying that or doudle posting here.....i never had that problem with vindicator thankgod its all good around here...but i have a question about vindicator when will it be able to be used in windows vista???
Old 04-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #23
ryuishero
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (DaBlaze4Life @ April 03 2007,23:12)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((Shady_vip)^ @ April 01 2007,01:19)][*]Clear cache[*]Clear cookies[*]Make sure it's installed[*]Restart PC[*]Test it out
this is an important cuz for da past week and a half every time i go to start a screen shows up and says gameover and takes me to da training server and its pissin me off cuz i cant play SFO
heres da pic and how do i [*]Clear cache[*]Clear cookies
man....i need some serious help or ima be locked out of SFO 4-eva....i also read what it said at da botom and i havent done anyofthose things!
my sfo name is 111000111
Dude to clear your cache go to:

Tools of your Internet browser on the top>internet options>delete cookies. *Clearing your cache means dealting cookies.

And as for your screen..make sure when you are playing your vindicator is "on" do not turn it off while you are playing it won't let you in.

If it still continues to happen then I guess you are probably banned or blocked from SFO. *To discuss the matter email your problem at this address: info@streetfighteronline.com hopefully it will be answered withint 2 weeks

Hope all will be well.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #24
DaBlaze4Life

Post Thanks / Like

thanks 4 da help
the sfo works now =)
Old 04-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #25
King1218
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
King1218 is an unknown quantity at this point

My little bro tryed to run GV on his PC, and it keeps giving him this Message VVV

The thing is... there is no other copy of GV running. And whenever he trys to run SFO,
GV is detected for about 5 seconds and then I get this pic VVV

I've tryed redownloading it for him, clearing cookies, opening a port on the firewall, almost everything but nothing helps...
Any idea on how to fix this problem?

Simmy (Lady R) and Danny (Me xD) forever <3 since 4/16/2007
King1218 is offline   Reply With Quote