SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Bugs and Problems report

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Balancing Mega Brain Storming SSJKarma New Features 23 02-27-2011 05:21 PM
Balancing Characters SSJKarma New Features 0 07-15-2009 02:55 PM
The things we want to know about YOU J-Kwn RaNdOm iNsAnItY 33 07-09-2007 12:53 PM
things you never done or seen SolidSnake76 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 62 07-06-2007 08:23 PM
Idea's on balancing the game. SSJKarma New Features 15 11-06-2006 12:25 PM

Old 01-01-2015, 02:21 AM   #1
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Gambit's Balancing Act - List of things to change.

Hiya people, i thoguht after playing gambit for a few times that it would be great to compare what others think of him and whats his weaknesses and how to actually bump it up to par with say ryu.

let's start by comparing what people think of him and if there are numerous things people all agree on. let me start my own, you'll see that its kinda short per say, but the more i'll play the more i'll see.

#1 - Royal Flush recovery time.
It seems that royal flush is a move we can't really do. because unlike the other RDs int he game this one has a major drawback if not used to kill the opponent. because of lag issues... when the royal flush finishes, gambit stays in his pose for far longer then he should. at that time, may have you hit or not, the opponent already recovered from it and will pump out a super that will just annihilate you on the spot. so to me the recovery time seems too big right now.

#2 - Air - Kinetic Card
This brings me back to memories of spiderman and the times where he could simply web shoot infinitely and just stay hidden in the air after super jumping. i understand that lags enter play here, since in story mode i couldn't pull this off. but at the same time, its just awefull how you can simply stay int he air and throw almost infinite kinetic card. im usually not fast enough to do this. yet gambit somehow i am able while none other char allow me to do that. briefly said, gambit shouldn'T be able to stay in the air infinitely.

#3 - Cajun Slash
it might just me, but at this point i doubt it. i have no problem pumping out ryus shoryuken or wolverine claw uper but somehow gambits cajun slash doesn'T come out that esily when im on the ground. somehow even if i do the motion it just seems to register the last input which is the HP or the punches. but when i do this in the air, buffering the moves, it has no problem doing it as soon as it hits the ground. so basically when i do it in the middle of another move, he will register it, and once i try it right away on the floor. it just register the punch itself. again might just be me, but i think we got a bug there.

for now, the solution i have for these...
#1 - just make the recovery time on royal flush a tad faster.

#2 - just like the web head, gambit should continu to lower as he throws his cards. that way he will end up ont he floor sooner or later.

#3 - not even sure if this is true or if its just me, but again i have no problem using that combination on other chars. so why would i have on him. if we can confirm this to be true, it would need to be fixed.

thats all i have for now.
so if some of you alrady have ideas on weaknesses and how to bump them up to par in power, go for it.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:00 PM   #2
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube
Default Re: Gambit's Balancing Act - List of things to change.

His Rd recovery is fine imo, we don't want him to be too strong you know. Plus his Rd only required level 1 to do.

Cajun Slash work perfectly fine for me maybe is just you not pressing the right buttons.

Not sure how staying in the air infinitely using Kinectic Card is a weakness, i see it as more of an advantage. I like the way it is now, keep it that way, he's already weak and get corner easily, so he definitely need this to counter that.

The only minor tweaking I want to see is his normal recovery time, is very slow and it get pretty annoying fast. If you have been hit by an attack and special right after you know you can't do anything as he is very slow to recover.

His diagonal super jump should be on par with Ryu, very hard to do in the middle of the battle, he can get corner easily, so make it more high sensitivity.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:08 PM   #3
nuukidd22
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 94
nuukidd22 is on a distinguished roadnuukidd22 is on a distinguished roadnuukidd22 is on a distinguished roadnuukidd22 is on a distinguished roadnuukidd22 is on a distinguished roadnuukidd22 is on a distinguished roadnuukidd22 is on a distinguished roadnuukidd22 is on a distinguished roadnuukidd22 is on a distinguished roadnuukidd22 is on a distinguished road

i want his rd to be more powerful level 3! but this time DO NOT SHOW the black screen i wanna see wats hes doin behind it (:
Old 01-02-2015, 07:01 AM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Quote:
His Rd recovery is fine imo, we don't want him to be too strong you know. Plus
his Rd only required level 1 to do.
but if you ever use it as anything else then a finisher, you are getting hit back by a super and there is nothing you can do except getting hit by it. so say you do royal flush, he retaliates with an RD you are goner ! even akumas level 1 RD isn't that slow !

Quote:
Cajun Slash work perfectly fine for me maybe is just you not pressing the right
buttons.
just said that every other charcaters works fine. so how do you explain that ?

Quote:
Not sure how staying in the air infinitely using Kinectic Card is a weakness, i
see it as more of an advantage. I like the way it is now, keep it that way, he's
already weak and get corner easily, so he definitely need this to counter that.
so you saying it was fine for spiderman to infinitely stay in the air ? because we passed thru the very same thing with him and it had to be nerfed. so, flying should be reserved to the flying charcaters, not the card throwing freaks.

Quote:
The only minor tweaking I want to see is his normal recovery time, is very slow
and it get pretty annoying fast. If you have been hit by an attack and special
right after you know you can't do anything as he is very slow to recover.
you'd have to be more specific on that one, cause aside from the recovery of his RD i didn't see any bad recovery times.

as for corner raping... how can it happen with gambits light punch being the fastest in game up to this point ? i didn't have much of a problem coming out of the corner. not to mention a single cajun slash brings you out since you are invulnerable during that time. not to mention gambit staying int he air too much makes cornering almost impossible.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #5
D.Bahki

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 518
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough

Agree with Estset's points.

Gambit does have horrible knockback and recovery times. He loses easily to spam from hadokens, symbiote byte, unibeams etc.

Flat out counter is juggernaut. Cajun slash is a great move but seems to have a horrible priorty against a lot of characters especially against juggernaut.

Some people complain that its a bug for him to be able to hit people in the air with cajun slash and his down hp. I personally like it, he has a long stick, it makes sense imo. Not the end of the world when it gets fixed.

The only reason you'll be eating a special after youre royal flush Karma is if they countered your flush with a special. You have enough time to block after your Royal Flush if you hit it. It's just a lag thing.

.: | [ SFO - 2014 ] |[SFO Underground] | SFO Clan Arena | Blank |:.

.: | Blank | Blank | Blank | Blank |:.
D.Bahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:43 PM   #6
Shadow_Raichu

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 182
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

In my opinion on this:

To me, it all depends on how ya know how to use gambit. Even though juggy is one of my favorite playable characters, gambit's Cajun explosion super can break through juggy users/abilites. Just gotta wait for the timing & then release it. Eventually like I said b4, he will get balanced out like everyone else (including onslaught).

The air kinetic card ability I agree, the air time on that should be fixed. To make it more fair and balanced with everyone else tho. Still spider-man would be a great counter for that part. So ya, this is just me thinking this... so. ya. feel me?

My SFO History Information Over the Years

IGNs: wol-spi-ryu & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF, & Zero-E only
Characters: Ryu/Cyclops only
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #7
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1484
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bahki View Post
Agree with Estset's points.

Gambit does have horrible knockback and recovery times. He loses easily to spam from hadokens, symbiote byte, unibeams etc.

Flat out counter is juggernaut. Cajun slash is a great move but seems to have a horrible priorty against a lot of characters especially against juggernaut.

Some people complain that its a bug for him to be able to hit people in the air with cajun slash and his down hp. I personally like it, he has a long stick, it makes sense imo. Not the end of the world when it gets fixed.

The only reason you'll be eating a special after youre royal flush Karma is if they countered your flush with a special. You have enough time to block after your Royal Flush if you hit it. It's just a lag thing.

Co-Signed.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Gambit does have horrible knockback and recovery times. He loses easily to spam
from hadokens, symbiote byte, unibeams etc.
may have just been lag then, but i was easily able to follow on all hadoukens.
also you may not have noticed it, but gambits cards are actually hadoukens. he throws in the cards one of those pink arrows, its that arrow that actually hit, not the cards. as for knockback... you mean when he gets hit and he gets knocked off or you mean his recovery time fromt he hit. as in animation takes too long ?

Quote:
Flat out counter is juggernaut. Cajun slash is a great move but seems to have a
horrible priorty against a lot of characters especially against juggernaut.
juggernaught as always been like that. never seen anybody go against it. saw a juggernaught user against a gambit, he wrecked him, the same juggernaught fought ryu, got wrecked the very same way. so i dont understand your point there, juggernaught plays the same way reguardles of against who you play.

again i also dont understand what you mean by priority screw up. care to explain that one as well. cause to me everytime i wanted out of a corner i had to do a cajun slash hard. and from the very beginning of it, till the very end of it. i was invincible and passing thru everything. but i'll give you that much, against a fast char like wolverine, its really hard to get out of a corner rape. but those characters are kinda made for corner rape to begin with.

Quote:
Some people complain that its a bug for him to be able to hit people in the air
with cajun slash and his down hp. I personally like it, he has a long stick, it
makes sense imo. Not the end of the world when it gets fixed.
i agree, i dont see where the problem is. its not like he could hit you at the very top of the stage.

Quote:
The only reason you'll be eating a special after youre royal flush Karma is if
they countered your flush with a special. You have enough time to block after
your Royal Flush if you hit it. It's just a lag thing.
i mainly saw this in practice mode, where there is 0 lag... and sentinel was hit by royal flush, once it ended, sentinel had time to start his plasma beam. do you even know how long it takes that plasma beam to start up ? i sure do, plasma beam is one of the longest to start super and it had time to fire off and get me before i could even come out of the stance.

if anything in-game it shows much less due to the lag effect.
in fact staying in the air in practice is way harder to pull then online for the sole purpose of Lag being there. same happens for his royal flush. oh and... the story i tryed was awakening, and the last five, both those stories dont have much cheats enabled and the computers are about 1 frame faster only. and thus are almost perfect for testing charcaters.

online i was able to royal flush a few times and get off with it. but that was due to the opponent not reacting too fast on it. you know how lag is. but i guarantee you... in a no lag environment, you will see what i mean by recovery time too long on royal flush.

just for the record, once we have discussed this... im going to make a list that i will send to TFist so he can forward it to tmyapp for tweaks. thats if tmyapp doesn't check this to begin with. as for the title... go ahead find me a better title then.... it can't be about OP thing, it cannot be weaknesses, it can't be about bugs. all around wouldn't really give you any real clues now would it ?

my goal is not just to talk about weaknesses, but his strong points. so we have a reference to what we want him to be able to do. but if you find a better title, i'll be glad to just change it.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #9
-EliteAvenge-
Wolverine Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 166
-EliteAvenge- is an unknown quantity at this point-EliteAvenge- is an unknown quantity at this point-EliteAvenge- is an unknown quantity at this point-EliteAvenge- is an unknown quantity at this point-EliteAvenge- is an unknown quantity at this point-EliteAvenge- is an unknown quantity at this point-EliteAvenge- is an unknown quantity at this point

His block is delayed and sluggish. After completing a move of his, some will take long for you to regain control and block in time.

-EliteAvenge- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #10
(-ReckonCrew-)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
(-ReckonCrew-) is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually... Gambit can attack while your at the very top of the stage.. It was a Gambit vs Gambit fight I super jumped and my opponent continued to attack me in the air, basically I was stuck and could not doing anything.. But luckily I cancelled it out with use his Spec... But other than that.. I have no problem with him
(-ReckonCrew-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:47 AM   #11
~Acez~
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 187
~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about

Gambit has no Issues.. Hes an Extraordinary Character to Use on SFO.. Apreciate his Abilities and His Fighting Attributes as they have no issues at all. He was taken quit some time to create and hes well rounded at the moment despite the amount of time it took to bring him into the Game and the Issues SFO Faced In Hardships. Id Have to Say Gambit is an Accomplishment and a Sucess to the Promotion of SFO quit comfortable.. for the well roundedness and advantages of Gambit Awsome Job
~Acez~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #12
Shadow_Raichu

Post Thanks / Like
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough

sorry can I make another point on this?

This is also why I can't wait for the royal flush gambit tourney. Cuz this will prove for anyone that signs up will be able to put gambit's abilities to the test. Gambit is a really great addition to the roster.

One of his favorite moves I like is: Cajun Slash. Why? because of the pass-thru of certain opponents attacks.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:15 PM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

Gambit has no Issues ... ... His Fighting Attributes as they have no issues
at all.
thanks for the support, im quite sure tmyapp will like that kind of attitude.
but you cannot be more wrong about having no issues... though he may not bug out... thanks that already something... you'll soon understand how strong or weak compared to other charcaters, he is. this kind of game is all about balance and that balance always tilt to one character more then any other. we may toy with numbers, but in the end, its only tilting that balance toward another.

if for now he seems fine... i can guarantee you that in 1-2 months top, people will complain that he is either too strong, either too weak and unplayable. exemple, ironman and juggernaught. of course some people will say they rock and are very very strong if not the strongest of them all. but if you ask the majority, they are the weakest of them all.

this is why such a thread is needed, to know what people think of it and once we get enough feedback, we can ask for numbers to change here and there. in order to bring more in line with the rest of the crew that forms the game.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:16 PM   #14
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1662
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

looks like TMyApp has added a silent bug update to Gambit

in NO-RD mode, and Zero-E mode, his RD no longer works. (as it shouldn't!)
Old 01-07-2015, 07:27 PM   #15
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

of course he would.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #16
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Karma, you made a topic to address legitimate issues and now you're going out of your way to tell other people that they're wrong when all they're doing is saying what they too find to be wrong.

That's not appropriate.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

where was i inappropriate to begin with ?
i only told him that perfection doesn't exist in this world.
and that even though the charcater seems fine now, sooner or later people will be having enough of him.

this thread is a balancing thread, not a bug thread. if you want to solve bugs, go into the bug section of the forum. here we are balancing him. listing what we think should be better and what we think should be worse. i know its hard but it needs to be done. i dont need people coming here to tell me "dont kill my character, hes op and i like it that way" his opinion was also taken into account. contrary to what you think.

all that said, the thread title changed...
i hate long thread names, but it seems people dont understand, so i have no choice.
from now on if you dont understand the thread goal, then you shouldn't come here.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:11 PM   #18
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1662
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

I truly don't think Gambit is overpowered... The only legit gambit that has beaten my chun was Bahki, but even then he only did it once, and I got some wins back, so I think his power levels are actually fairly spot on.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be tweaked a little, as I'm sure he will be in the coming months. I'm also sure that glitches with his cajun slash will be fixed also.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:22 PM   #19
Shadow_Raichu

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed another concern about gambit. What about game vindication? We already know that most of us enjoy using this. What about certain players who enjoy running game vindicators on their pcs/laptops for additional moves and supers to be applied on gambit?

The reason I ask this: As some of us may have noticed, in other arcade games, such as MvsC2, MvsC, or XvsSF (classic), gambit really doesn't have much supers, he'd be a really good grounded character tho. Other than that, for SFO most likely that all the other characters have extra moves and supers (which only happens if you have game vindicator ON). So my question is: how's this aspect going to benefit gambit? and seeing as how his Cajun explosion super can be performed either way by pressing down right or left + 2 kick buttons. feel me?

Old 02-01-2017, 03:48 AM   #20
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runney View Post
I just noticed another concern about gambit. What about game vindication? We already know that most of us enjoy using this. What about certain players who enjoy running game vindicators on their pcs/laptops for additional moves and supers to be applied on gambit?

The reason I ask this: As some of us may have noticed, in other arcade games, such as MvsC2, MvsC, or XvsSF (classic), gambit really doesn't have much supers, he'd be a really good grounded character tho. Other than that, for SFO most likely that all the other characters have extra moves and supers (which only happens if you have game vindicator ON). So my question is: how's this aspect going to benefit gambit? and seeing as how his Cajun explosion super can be performed either way by pressing down right or left + 2 kick buttons. feel me?
Strong bump.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote