Paula Abdul quits American Idol system4 General 20 08-12-2009 07:48 AM

Old 10-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Clark Kent quits job

for decades, Clark Kent aka Superman used his human alter ego to work as a journalist in the Daily Planet

because of the dying print media from technological advacement such as iPads, digital newspapers, computers, reality TV shows...the Man of Steel has (finally) quit his job...

http://www.examiner.com/article/supe...e-daily-planet

QUESTION: so for a man who is able to leap in a single bound, what IS his next (best) alternative for work?

for me, he can shift to courier work
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Clark Kent quits job

My company is hiring.
Anyone got his e-mail? I'll send him our HR dept. contacts.

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

its so unfortunate how superheroes evolve into a world that do not fit them at all.
i loved how their actions were more important then their everday lives.
now its all about the small detail like their sexuaility, their relation with politics and all that ...
seems to me people just wanna lose their icons and see the regular everyday life on TV.

thats really ashame when the TV or comics starts to become even more everyday like our nirmal everyday life.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
killerdude10
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
killerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura about
Visit killerdude10's Facebook

Superman is a joke now. All he does is wear glasses to hide his identity and people can't tell that he is superman. Not to mention that EVERYONE happens to have a piece of kryptonite.

Back on the subject. I think Clark should go and be a mine worker or something.

killerdude10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
~TR~Robert
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about
Visit ~TR~Robert's Facebook

^ Ive always thought that he wears a "disguise" yet still as big of a bus and works with a bunch of reporters who didn't notice the corn-fed white boy lurking around same height, size, muscle build as superman??

I say he just retires collects pension and play sfo all day...

~TR~Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Like batmans any better.
yeah he wears a mask and a costume...
but hes got gadgets that only wayne enterprises could offer.
his voice do not even change.
hence why the dark knight movies have bale changing his voice when he becomes batman.

seriously if you start like this, i could go on and on for all of your super heroes.
that said i agree thatr superman is a joke now... i mean there is a reason why people compare him to jesus now !
Old 10-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Pakistani

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 620
Pakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the rough
Visit Pakistani's YouTube

Are you saying Jesus is a joke^ OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 10-25-2012, 01:02 AM   #8
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

the superman character was created during the time the world was still simple
now, that character is a throwback from the past

i remember when DC comics tried to kill him in the 1990s
mike carlin (DC's editor-in-chief) opted to make this move to revive the people's interest on the character
for years, superman book sales were laging behind marvel comics because of its stories that were in-tune with the time

and now, this is yet another attempt (of DC) to try to adapt the character to the present world occurrences...
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

I read a Superman story once that explained the whole glasses thing for Clark Kent... Basically when he is wearing his glasses he is subconsciously sending out super-hypnotism to make people believe he has an older and more frailer appearance, as that is the persona he is trying to create as Clark Kent. If they view him from the back they would most likely see the broad shoulders of Superman but then have the illusion of Clark Kent when they saw him from the front and were "hypnotised".

a dumb explanation? perhaps, but at least it goes some way into explaining how a simple pair of glasses and a flick of the hair can make u look like someone completely different.
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

the jokes been done often, in the movies its done. in the comics it has been done.
its not the hypnotised thing, thats just bull, he cannot do that.

to me its mor elike, the character he portrays is just too different.
i mean come on, i've seen many people looking like super starts i know of the big screen, yet those people aren't the star, they are regular people. i even saw a man resembling like hell the person that i am. it wouldn't be the first time you see people resembling others. so yeah clark do resemble the superman... but his goofy attitude, his way of being is just so much different then superman.

i could go on and on as to why people are wrong to say its only the glasses and the hair.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
its not the hypnotised thing, thats just bull, he cannot do that.
so of course its fine to believe he can fly, shoot laser beams out of his eyes, talk in space, etc, etc, but its too far-fetched to believe he has super hypnotism??? are you kidding me?

Just because YOU might not have personally read a superman comic which talks about his super-hypnotism doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I can think off the top of my head of at least 2 stories where he has used super-hypnotism. If i spent some time I could probably go dig up those old comics (yes i'm talking somewhere from the '70s or '80s and scan them in just to prove you wrong.
One was vs a villain who was using sub-sonic sound recording to "hypnotise" people, guards, into letting him steal money from banks. Another was The Fiddler was again using sound from his violin (Pied Piper style) to get people to do his bidding. In both cases, Superman got onto television and mass-hypnotised the people of metropolis so they wouldn't fall under the villains' spell.
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

yeah and i also heard batman as an IQ well over 300.
but that doesn't necessarily means its right !

dude, i wasn't saying your comic book wasn't real...
im just saying th eguy who did that in the comic, was wrong doing it, proof... nobody else does it and superman doesn't have hypnotism powers. because thats how things evolves in comic book industries... things gets tryed, do not work, we drop it.

superman powers includes many things...but not hypnotised. maybe he did in one or two even a set of comics, but reality is... everyone else portrays him without it.