SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Playground Bully ~H~Blaze Challenges and Tournaments 4 09-15-2013 01:16 AM
[GAMES] Rockstar Games Presents - Bully! ))Shadow-Ken(( General 4 05-26-2011 12:39 PM
Fights GokuS2 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 4 08-18-2007 01:04 AM
Who would win out of these fights smash_em955 General 2 08-26-2006 09:22 AM
1 vs 1 fights spidey4ever Challenges and Tournaments 1 05-28-2006 02:39 AM

Old 04-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 132
Tsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished road
Default Fat kid fights back against bully

Quote:
The latest viral video to hit the Internet shows that what goes around comes back around.

The minute-and-a-half long clip shows an overweight boy being repeatedly punched and slapped by a girl on a school bus. The girl smacks and kicks the boy while he begs her to leave him alone. Throughout the clip, other students can be heard asking the girl to stop so that they can get home, but she continues.

Finally, the boy loses his composure, pushes the girl away, and grabs her by her hair. As the girl continues to fight back, the boy puts her in a pretty solid rear-naked chokehold. The girlís brother, who previously didnít do anything to stop his sisterís behavior, steps in and throws punches at the bullied boy.

At the end of the video, the boy releases the girl, asking, ďAre you okay?Ē
http://deadstate.org/video-overweigh...-own-medicine/

Never hit a woman, you say?

Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6383
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Fat kid fights back against bully

He put her in a submission move it was hardly even hitting her. He was simply putting himself in a position to stop being hit by her.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Tsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
He put her in a submission move it was hardly even hitting her. He was simply putting himself in a position to stop being hit by her.
Knock her out by using your strength and hitting her or knock her out by using your strength to nearly suffocate her, is there really a difference?

He defended himself against a girl who, from what the video shows, attacked him. He did what he needed to do to stop her - should have done it way sooner.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 840
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

Should've knocked that dumb btch out
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

and again people react to a ****ing short video showing only like 1 third of the whole situation.
he defended himself, good. but starting judgement on people jst because of what you see them do when someone decided to bring out their phone is like really disturbing to begin with.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #6
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
First of all, major props to that boy. Class act. As Karma said, I don't know the whole story from the video, but his reaction? Class act.

Second, I doubt anyone says you should never hit a woman. Circumstance can affect principle, and principle can still guide actions during extreme circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
Yep. He still didn't hit her.

Quote:
Knock her out by using your strength and hitting her or knock her out by using your strength to nearly suffocate her, is there really a difference?

He defended himself against a girl who, from what the video shows, attacked him. He did what he needed to do to stop her - should have done it way sooner.
I think there's a clear difference between knocking her out--you know as well as I that a knockout blow causes damage to the skull and brain--and putting her in a submission hold.

Yes. He did what he needed to do to stop her, and I'm proud of him for showing that much restraint. Not sure most of us would've handled it that well. He could have been seriously injured. The little bitch was kicking him in the head.

Yet, he still knew his own strength (look at the size of the kid), and used only what was necessary.

Old man bus driver barely got touched by that crazy chick and what did he do? Freaking Shoryuken.

This kid? Restraint. Class act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku View Post
Should've knocked that dumb btch out
Yeah. I wonder how that would've played out? Then her brother jumps in and the two boys beat the **** out of each other?

Then some dumbass parents who didn't teach their stupid daughter not to attack people comes crying about how this big kid knocked their daughter out.

Heh. Glad he handled it how he did and didn't knock her out. Kid is a boss, and a class act for that.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1648
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Old man bus driver barely got touched by that crazy chick and what did he do? Freaking Shoryuken.
this was hilarious, you came this close to taking over my blockattack quote in my sig
Old 04-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #8
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

Damn it! That's twice! Last time was that guy I banned...said his ego was the size of Galactus' left gonad.

I hate you blockattack...

Old 04-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #9
(-Kam-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

Quote:
Damn it! That's twice! Last time was that guy I banned...said his ego was the size of Galactus' left gonad.

I hate you blockattack...
lol, I remeber that, jenfred guy. hehe

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #10
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 764
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

/off topic

damn I swear TF is a college Professor.

I wonder what he studied in college...

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #11
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

He went to Oxford.

He luh dat london posh.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #12
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Second, I doubt anyone says you should never hit a woman. Circumstance can affect principle, and principle can still guide actions during extreme circumstances.
Actually, there are many people who say you should never hit a woman.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-it...to-hit-a-woman

Quote:
I think there's a clear difference between knocking her out--you know as well as I that a knockout blow causes damage to the skull and brain--and putting her in a submission hold.
There really isn't much difference - one's a shock to the head while another is the deprivation of oxygen to the brain. The latter is actually more severe due to the increased risk of brain damage as the duration of deprivation increases. I can't see the chance of getting brain or skull damage from a punch being very large, unless you're getting your ass kicked by Brock Lesnar or you get hit with that perfect punch.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #13
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

You guys should know Tsunami practically debated me to a draw before. Similar topic. He's one of the sharpest people on SFO. (And despite the antics, there are a lot of sharp people here.)

Also, thanks, but lol, I never went to Uni. Wasn't in the cards.

Quote:
Actually, there are many people who say you should never hit a woman.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-it...to-hit-a-woman
Yikes. Never is far too black and white for real life.

My principle is to not hit women. I'm bigger, stronger, yadda yadda. Restraint first.

If she's putting my life in danger, if she's a danger to herself, or others, then, yes.

But these people who say you should never hit a woman...that is not realistic.

Hope they all realize that, or that they never wind up in that situation.

In this case, that girl was kicking this kid in the head. I do wonder what they'd do in that case.

Quote:
There really isn't much difference - one's a shock to the head while another is the deprivation of oxygen to the brain. The latter is actually more severe due to the increased risk of brain damage as the duration of deprivation increases. I can't see the chance of getting brain or skull damage from a punch being very large, unless you're getting your ass kicked by Brock Lesnar or you get hit with that perfect punch.
If he'd just hit her, knocked her out, she could still take a bad fall which might cause more injury.

With the hold he put her in, he could at least control some of those factors. That he had the mind to ease up and ask her if she was okay. Damn.

I hope that stupid little bitch learned a good lesson. Shame on her brother sitting there watching her beat someone else up.

I don't know who's raising these little demons. No one, likely.

This was funny. There's no close up of the woman in purple beating that one lawmaker (?), but I heard they were romantically involved. Dude just kept walking rather than react.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #14
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1147
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Lol...getting bullied by a girl...

I wish I ever would...

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Shiny~Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #15
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
You guys should know Tsunami practically debated me to a draw before. Similar topic. He's one of the sharpest people on SFO. (And despite the antics, there are a lot of sharp people here.)
Yea, those were fun times. It's nice to be able to have a discussion with someone who knows what they're talking about.

Quote:
Restraint first.... If she's putting my life in danger, if she's a danger to herself, or others, then, yes.
Yup

Quote:
If he'd just hit her, knocked her out, she could still take a bad fall which might cause more injury.

With the hold he put her in, he could at least control some of those factors. That he had the mind to ease up and ask her if she was okay. Damn.
This is true; I didn't think of it in terms of her falling and possibly hitting her head on the floor or corner of a seat.

Quote:
I hope that stupid little bitch learned a good lesson. Shame on her brother sitting there watching her beat someone else up.

I don't know who's raising these little demons. No one, likely.
This is the worst part of it - the brother is essentially cheering her on until the tides turn instead of controlling her. Bad parenting for sure

Old 04-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #16
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1175
(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice

If home girl acting cute...... Knock her ass out :/
Old 04-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Tsunami, by your saying of the whole black and white thing. then it means a parent who actually hit his baby son is int he right because its not a girl ? exactly what TFist says. things aren'T black and white. common sense isn't called like that for no reason it should be common to all.

the real deal wouldn't be never hit a women, it should be never hit which is weaker then you. and that is possibly too general for the mind of many people. life is what it is. if i'd ahve been int he same position as that kid, i'd probably have reacted the same way. but knowing myself... probably with much less restraint. though im a fan of grabbing people... im also an adept at dodging only. that may be because of my security agent job though.

trying to avoid escalation is always best, and thats exactly what he did.

TSunami... yes oxygen causes troubles... but why is it better ? because you have control over the time you do it. and the way the body reacts is that it shuts down before having no oxygen left. that girl wouldn't have had any damage becuse the body would of knocked itself out before that happens. when it comes to physical hits, you lose two things. ressources. and both sides loses those. a kick to the head may cause a trauma which in mere seconds can kill you. a chokehold may kill you, but it will not be in mere seconds, it will be in minutes. thats the biggest difference. and it is that difference that makes the chokehold that much better !
Old 04-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #18
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Tsunami, by your saying of the whole black and white thing. then it means a parent who actually hit his baby son is int he right because its not a girl ? exactly what TFist says. things aren'T black and white. common sense isn't called like that for no reason it should be common to all.
Where did I make anything a black and white or binary issue? But to your point, are you saying a parent shouldn't be allowed to spank their child?

Quote:
the real deal wouldn't be never hit a women, it should be never hit which is weaker then you. and that is possibly too general for the mind of many people. life is what it is. if i'd ahve been int he same position as that kid, i'd probably have reacted the same way. but knowing myself... probably with much less restraint. though im a fan of grabbing people... im also an adept at dodging only. that may be because of my security agent job though.
Never hitting someone who's weaker than you is pointless as well - the weak person shouldn't touch you in the first place.

Quote:
trying to avoid escalation is always best, and thats exactly what he did.
He didn't avoid escalation at all - avoiding escalation would have been him running off that bus as fast as he could. He ended the situation by escalating it to a point where he had the advantage, and the girl couldn't do anything to stop him.

Quote:
TSunami... yes oxygen causes troubles... but why is it better ? because you have control over the time you do it. and the way the body reacts is that it shuts down before having no oxygen left. that girl wouldn't have had any damage becuse the body would of knocked itself out before that happens. when it comes to physical hits, you lose two things. ressources. and both sides loses those. a kick to the head may cause a trauma which in mere seconds can kill you. a chokehold may kill you, but it will not be in mere seconds, it will be in minutes. thats the biggest difference. and it is that difference that makes the chokehold that much better !
You're assuming that her body "knocking itself out" means the person then immediately stops applying pressure to her neck. If he doesn't, then your point is mute. Also, he would have been applying pressure for a solid 10-15 seconds and it's impossible how her body is actually reacting to it.

As for whether a kick to the head could kill you, sure. I've watched plenty of kick-boxing though to know that it's not very common. Hitting your head after being kicked could do something, of course.

A chokehold, during a struggle, could 1) snap a persons neck, 2) the person could have an underlying medical condition that a lack of air could cause to flare up, 3) Someone big and strong could apply much more pressure to your neck than someone smaller and weaker, and they may not let go as quickly either.

I personally would rather get punched, because I can find a way to retaliate from that. There's not much someone can do after getting caught in a rear-naked choke and you're trusting that the person isn't planning on killing you.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:57 AM   #19
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Where did I make anything a black and white or binary issue? But to your point, are you saying a parent shouldn't be allowed to spank their child?
when you said no one should ever hit a women period !

Quote:
Never hitting someone who's weaker than you is pointless as well - the weak person shouldn't touch you in the first place.
again contrary to what you said before. because weaker people will use the fact that you shouldn't hit them to actually hit you. reguardless of what you say, thats called common sense, and those people lack common senses.

Quote:
He didn't avoid escalation at all - avoiding escalation would have been him running off that bus as fast as he could. He ended the situation by escalating it to a point where he had the advantage, and the girl couldn't do anything to stop him.
depends entirely of how things happens. a fox that has a way to run will do so. but a fox that is stuck in corner with you in the middle blocking the road has no other choices of hitting back and it will. same here... this hapenned in a ****ing bus, how the hell did the guy had an escape route ?

Quote:
You're assuming that her body "knocking itself out" means the person then immediately stops applying pressure to her neck. If he doesn't, then your point is mute. Also, he would have been applying pressure for a solid 10-15 seconds and it's impossible how her body is actually reacting to it.
ask any martial artists, UFC experts, why do everything finishes on the floor in submissions.
as i said, the body has pretty linear reactions to events hapenning. the body has several layers of security to breatch to actually get the kill. first off, lets take cold, why do you lose your fingers and toes first, then your feets and hands. then arms and legs. and at the very end, the chest. because the body conserves energy. it tries to conserves whats important. same logic applies to air. the first thing your body do is stop to conserve the remaining air in the lungs. then if the air runs out. it will shut down more and more. there is air in your blood cells. they will run out too. but before that happens, you will be knocked out. at that point, yes you could kill someone if you continu. but does the kid did. again the video doesn't show everything. but considering the kid just wanted it to stop. and considering how he did the chokehold... he clearly knows whats hes doing and probably wouldn't have gone further with this.

again dont believe me, ask any martial artists experts, they will tell you the same.
Quote:

As for whether a kick to the head could kill you, sure. I've watched plenty of kick-boxing though to know that it's not very common. Hitting your head after being kicked could do something, of course.
common or not... concussion is far more lethal then chokeholds.

Quote:
A chokehold, during a struggle, could 1) snap a persons neck
False, to snap the neck of someone you'dhave to actually turn her head 90 degres, or snap it backward with great force. though in th emovies or in reality you dont see much movement, the actual foce was applyed at great pressure. if the chokehold is rightfully done... the head do not move and the neck is rightfully held to stop such thing from hapenning even if she struggles.

Quote:
, 2) the person could have an underlying medical condition that a lack of air could cause to flare up,
the person could also suddently be hit by lightning out of nowhere ! or suddently burst into flames.

Quote:
3) Someone big and strong could apply much more pressure to your neck than someone smaller and weaker, and they may not let go as quickly either.
and that same someone could also be knowing what he's doing cause he learned martial arts.
to that extend that person could also have learned to cook. we dont know it may be worth it in this situation.
Quote:

I personally would rather get punched, because I can find a way to retaliate from that. There's not much someone can do after getting caught in a rear-naked choke and you're trusting that the person isn't planning on killing you.
thats the problem, the kid told her to stop numerous times. nobody was reacting... there is this threshold that at one point you are running out of options. he did. he tryed talking to her, he tryed stopping it... no escape routes. quite sure he'd have used to if he had one. at that point he was forced. cause she was a serious threat to his life. this was one of the only availlable options.

nobody can predict what will happen and when, but when you are engaged in battle. you dont have time to think of that. you must answer a very close threat a threat to your life. im pretty glad at how he reacted. because unlie her, he thought of his ways and kept a clean head.

by the way... the brain can be without air for 3 whole minutes before getting any damage. tell me he kept holding her for 4 minutes straight when after the first 30 seconds she should pass out ? do the video show you him holding her 3 whole minutes to make sure she is dead ? another question for you... how can a kid trying to stop a fight and save his own life. could suddently kill a women after trying to stop her by talking to her ?

again as i said, there is not much this video shows, but hwat it does show. is a kid who rightfully reacted and knew what he was doing to begin with.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #20
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1177
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Well we all know I promote violence... And little zangief there could have taken on the entire bus..

Thumbs up.. #prosmackabiznitch

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #21
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
when you said no one should ever hit a women period !
This is probably just a language thing between us because I've never said this - my first post in this thread was clearly sarcastic. A person can hit anyone who attacks him, whether it's a woman, teenager, dog, or plant.

Quote:
again contrary to what you said before. because weaker people will use the fact that you shouldn't hit them to actually hit you. reguardless of what you say, thats called common sense, and those people lack common senses.
So this isn't contrary to what I said, as I've explained above. What would I care whether a weaker person doesn't have common sense? If they don't have that, then they shouldn't be out in public. Half this planet doesn't have common sense - people get drunk and go driving, get in accidents and kill people. People beat the **** out of their children and kill them without any remorse. People kill innocent people because they believe their religion is telling them they should do it.

All these people lack common sense and, many would argue, intelligence, but no one is going to live their lives assuming the person across from them is a moron. If I get hit by a drunk driver, I'm going to beat the crap out of him, whether he's got common sense or not. If my parents try to kill me, I'm going to beat the crap out of them. If my plane gets hijacked by a Muslim/Christian/Jew/Buddhist/Athiest, I'm going to beat the crap out of them. Similarly, if a skinny weak person comes up to me and attacks me, you better believe I'm going to destroy that person as well.

Quote:
depends entirely of how things happens. a fox that has a way to run will do so. but a fox that is stuck in corner with you in the middle blocking the road has no other choices of hitting back and it will. same here... this hapenned in a ****ing bus, how the hell did the guy had an escape route ?
Clearly, put an animal in a corner and the only way out is through you... I know that expression. Your point was he avoided escalation, which isn't the case. He ended the situation, plain and simple.

This did happen on the bus, but if you watch the video, the bus isn't moving and the driver/students say "we're not going anywhere until you guys stop", which means running off the bus wouldn't be very difficult at all.

Quote:
ask any martial artists, UFC experts, why do everything finishes on the floor in submissions. as i said, the body has pretty linear reactions to events hapenning. the body has several layers of security to breatch to actually get the kill. first off, lets take cold, why do you lose your fingers and toes first, then your feets and hands. then arms and legs. and at the very end, the chest. because the body conserves energy. it tries to conserves whats important. same logic applies to air. the first thing your body do is stop to conserve the remaining air in the lungs. then if the air runs out. it will shut down more and more. there is air in your blood cells. they will run out too. but before that happens, you will be knocked out. at that point, yes you could kill someone if you continu. but does the kid did. again the video doesn't show everything. but considering the kid just wanted it to stop. and considering how he did the chokehold... he clearly knows whats hes doing and probably wouldn't have gone further with this.

again dont believe me, ask any martial artists experts, they will tell you the same.
This doesn't mean anything - this kid is most likely not a martial artist. Same thing with WWE, bodyslams and rock bottoms on TV don't hurt anyone but when kids do in their living rooms, their siblings end up dying. Why? Because those kids imitating those actions don't know what the hell they're doing and they mess up, which adds elements of error to the action they're performing. He clearly knows what he's doing? How is that clear? I've watched UFC enough to know how to do a chokehold as well, doesn't mean I know what I'm doing in terms of effects to the other person.

Clearly this guy didn't know either and ended up paralyzing his victim:
http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/...bbery/22628320

Quote:
common or not... concussion is far more lethal then chokeholds.
Maybe in the long term - Jahvid Best for the Detroit Lions got 3 concussions or something in 1 year. He's alive and well - not playing football anymore - but he's doing just fine (from what I can tell, I don't live with the guy). The point is, he' not dead.

Troy Aikman of the Dallas Cowboys had like, 7 concussions in his career. He's now an announcer for the league and is doing just fine as well.

I don't agree that concussions are more "lethal" than chokeholds.

Quote:
False, to snap the neck of someone you'dhave to actually turn her head 90 degres, or snap it backward with great force. though in th emovies or in reality you dont see much movement, the actual foce was applyed at great pressure. if the chokehold is rightfully done... the head do not move and the neck is rightfully held to stop such thing from hapenning even if she struggles.
As you just said, "if the move is done correctly." If he jerked her head up during the chokehold, or twisted it side to side, you're going to sit there and tell me there isn't a risk of separating vertebrae in her spine? You're right, it may not be enough to snap someone's neck (I'm not 100% sure what that requires), but it sure as hell is enough to damage the spine. Whether the body reacts by shutting down extremities or not to save itself is irrelevant, the boy is in control and really doesn't ever have to let go.

Quote:
the person could also suddently be hit by lightning out of nowhere ! or suddently burst into flames.
These are just stupid. Comparing the likelihood of someone having an underlying medical condition, which is no where near as unlikely as the events you mentioned, makes no sense. I won't even waste my time responding further to this.

Quote:
and that same someone could also be knowing what he's doing cause he learned martial arts.
to that extend that person could also have learned to cook. we dont know it may be worth it in this situation.
If we're going to pull assumptions out of thin air, then the girl could have known exactly how hard she was hitting the boy in that those punches wouldn't do any serious damage. She might be a professional U-14 boxer with a hundred wins under her belt. The boy could have made a racial remark and had been picking on her the entire school year and she finally had enough. She started hitting him, the only thing she knew due to her experience as a boxer. The boy however, is an accomplished mixed martial artist who's trained with the great Randy Couture and knows everything about MMA. He ended it with a simple submission, had his friend record it to make it seem like he was protecting himself, and the rest is history.

Quote:
thats the problem, the kid told her to stop numerous times. nobody was reacting... there is this threshold that at one point you are running out of options. he did. he tryed talking to her, he tryed stopping it... no escape routes. quite sure he'd have used to if he had one. at that point he was forced. cause she was a serious threat to his life. this was one of the only availlable options.

nobody can predict what will happen and when, but when you are engaged in battle. you dont have time to think of that. you must answer a very close threat a threat to your life. im pretty glad at how he reacted. because unlie her, he thought of his ways and kept a clean head.
I've never said I disagree with what he did - he should fight back. The difference between a chokehold and strike to the head was a separate discussion but got tied into this.

Quote:
by the way... the brain can be without air for 3 whole minutes before getting any damage.
Yea, I know the brain can go a few minutes before serious damage is done to it. However, I can guarantee a 30 second chokehold from Hulk Hogan is different than a 30 second chokehold from myself, which is also different from a 30 second chokehold from my little brother.

http://www.transweb.org/faq/q3.shtml

Quote:
tell me he kept holding her for 4 minutes straight when after the first 30 seconds she should pass out ?
Did I say somewhere that he had held her for 4 minutes? I could have sworn my last post said 10-15 seconds - wait, yes it did.

Quote:
do the video show you him holding her 3 whole minutes to make sure she is dead ?
10-15 seconds

Quote:
another question for you... how can a kid trying to stop a fight and save his own life. could suddently kill a women after trying to stop her by talking to her ?
I don't understand this question. What are you asking?

Quote:
again as i said, there is not much this video shows, but hwat it does show. is a kid who rightfully reacted and knew what he was doing to begin with.
I'm not saying it was bad that he reacted. Also, all you can assume is that he knew enough to put a chokehold in to knock a person out, not that he knew anything more about the chokehold and what it could possibly do.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #22
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

my god, you're not even trying to see my arguments...
so i'll stop there...
but i will say this much...

did the fight ends with his action ?
the answer you are seeking is yes, thus ending the escalation.
an escalation cause you clearly dont know what that is...
is an event that goes on and on cause both sides adds to it.
did he add to it... yes, did it stop the escalation there, yes.
job well done in stopping the escalation.

but hey, you are right, he could also have stood there and leave the girl hitting him. he could also have continued to restrain her to death, he could also have just ran off like a *****. he could also have taken up the entire bus. he could also have been hit by lightning in bright daylight.

whatever you mean man.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #23
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
so i'll stop there...

he could've pulled out a gun and shot her, thus ending the escalation.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #24
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6383
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Its like everyone is either repeating eachother are rewording what they just said to try and help explain things to the other.

One kid bullied the other and the other ended it thats the end of the freakin story. I dont care what anyone else read into it thats what the damn video shows and its 95% more than likely thats what was going on because thats all that goes on in schools especially now more these days with social media and such they can bully a lot more. It could have been a worse situation he could have been someone to take it to the point he gets a gun and shoots everyone.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #25
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
so i'll stop there...

but hey, you are right, he could also have stood there and leave the girl hitting him. he could also have continued to restrain her to death, he could also have just ran off like a *****. he could also have taken up the entire bus. he could also have been hit by lightning in bright daylight.

whatever you mean man.
kk