SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Links

Old 03-07-2017, 01:23 AM   #1
Master_Jay

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6
Master_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really nice
Default mohbul

Hello there,

For the past couple of weeks now I've been working on a rather small project titled "mohbul" (pronounced mobile - as in "mobile device"). mohbul is a website designed to be a never-ending discussion about all things pertaining to mobile gaming. This is an idea branching off from one originally proposed by the one and only @D.Bahki as a secondary focus for the SFO Underground, around this time last year. The idea was to create a community for mobile gamers while simultaneously promoting SFO in the process. Shady and I worked out the logistics of this secondary focus but ultimately concluded it to be something that had to be its own separate entity due to UG being incapable of encompassing the vision we had.

mohbul is a mobile gaming community featuring a series of applications for discussion. The website is optimized for both PC and mobile browsers (mobile portrait and landscape modes supported). It incorporates a few elements from websites such as reddit, Google and the iOS App Store/Google Play marketplace.

The mohbul website is currently within its alpha stage. I'm looking to shape mohbul accordingly with any suggestions and feedback provided. In your opinion, how does it look and feel? If you have any ideas regarding a particular game which isn't listed that you believe will warrant discussion, please suggest it. Feel free to register and take it for a spin by creating discussion posts.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

https://www.mohbul.com
1. Master Jay (English scholar, who can destroy anyone verbally without actually attacking them)
Master_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default Re: mohbul

Nice and congrats on this idea and making it a reality first and foremost.

I briefly checked out the site (will check it out more in depth when I have a bit more time and go on my mobile device)

but a few questions came to my mind immediately

1. How will you generate users from said games across the globe to join your site?
2. Will the games/site be limited to NA or eventually branch out into other mobile game markets?

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:35 AM   #3
Master_Jay

Post Thanks / Like
Master_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really nice

Once this project has been officially launched, advertising across social networks and within different online communities will be the primary means of bringing forth new users from the multitude of mobile games mohbul will support; perhaps until traffic becomes self sustained by mere viva voce.

mohbul is accessible by users all over the world and will likely support anything regarding mobile gaming so long as there is a high enough demand for it.
1. Master Jay (English scholar, who can destroy anyone verbally without actually attacking them)
Old 03-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #4
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1489
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Looks good, I went ahead and registered.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #5
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Hmmm... the name "mohbul" is a good name for a game. Got all excited and thought y'all created a brand new game for us (a new game would have created a lot more interest).

Checked out the site, looks good though.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:44 AM   #6
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations on getting this project up and running, guys.

What mobile device operating systems are covered by your site?

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #7
D.Bahki

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 518
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough

It's a pretty big market. Most people use reddit as a way to communicate. Your advertising should start there. Should also check out companies like Bandai and Nintendo and add their games. Bandai has a lot of games based on animes which is another huge market.

Pretty much just use the hype and do it better. UG was probably the simplest and most well made forum I've ever used. So no doubt you guys will do very well.

.: | [ SFO - 2014 ] |[SFO Underground] | SFO Clan Arena | Blank |:.

.: | Blank | Blank | Blank | Blank |:.
D.Bahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:00 AM   #8
Master_Jay

Post Thanks / Like

As of now, the current supported mobile operating systems are iOS and Android, with Windows being likely to be added in the near future.

@D.Bahki: Interestingly enough, Reddit was initially my first thought regarding advertising; however, after looking over their policy, I read that it's against their community rules to promote other discussion forums in Reddit threads. Paid advertising on Reddit may be a different story, however.

With your added suggestion, I started looking into Bandai games as well. I'm considering starting off with adding the more popular Bandi Namco games and assessing how things go from there. I'll have to look into Nintendo games that are popular enough to prompt regular discussion as well.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:23 PM   #9
Dark_slice
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
Dark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura about

good luck
Dark_slice is offline   Reply With Quote