spidey4ever
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
spidey4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Road to the SuperBowl

Looks like the Chargers are still in after beating the Titans. They have to go through the Colts first, then most likely the Patriots, so it will be a tough road, but I think they can manage it.

spidey4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #102
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

=/ i doubt theyll beat the colts. i like the seahawks. they are playing well. two Interceptions that turned into touchdowns. their defense saved them though.

MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #103
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3106
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

New York Giants vs Green Bay Packers.....

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #104
Bob~Marley4004
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 17
Bob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura about
Visit Bob~Marley4004's Facebook Visit Bob~Marley4004's Twitter

I'm going with the Giants.. their defense has stepped up big time the last couple of weeks. They didn't have many sacks last game, but brought the pressure the 2nd half. I'm looking for them to come out with their "A" game.. but man, they traveling to Green Bay.. its kinda tuff to win there @ Lambeau field.. I'm pulling for dem' though

Corey Webster - Present and the future!! LSU BABY!!

Old 01-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #105
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

=/

MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #106
darkwrath

Post Thanks / Like
darkwrath is an unknown quantity at this point

aww man i was mad when the giants beat dallis it was a good game tho
Old 01-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #107
Juzie

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 157
Juzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the rough

it's inevitable, this years Patriots will go down as the best team the league has ever seen.
Juzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #108
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

THE NEW YORK GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL

Old 01-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #109
jasonthekidd11

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
jasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enough

Yeah such a crazy game

So many second chacnes by both teams

Giants vs PAtriots

Its gonig to be a tough rematch, hopefully they can come throguh like they did today

My fav team has made it from NY and hopefully Nivla can make it (Check the thread i made to vote for him)

7/7/7
11/11/11
jasonthekidd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #110
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 27
Vegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the rough

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was so close to being right i said Packers were going to the superbowl and they almost did. How the heck did the Giants kicker make that last 47 yard feild goal when he couldn,t makethose other tw which shorter distances???

Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #111
jasonthekidd11

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
jasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enough

Tykes first kick idk what happened

2nd kick: The pass to the guy who holds down the ball was really high so he had to reach high and get it down quick which threw off the timing of the ckicker because he was already in process of running it messed things up.

3rd kick: Giants baby did it

7/7/7
11/11/11
jasonthekidd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #112
guitarrocker
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

lol the giants. I knew it.. I was watching the pats game too.. I thought they were gonna lose.. but you know what.. I'm sorry the pats are gonna lose. bad.

They had their time to shine.. but its gonna be close with the giants victorious
guitarrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #113
daddypete
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
daddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enough
Visit daddypete's Facebook

yes the pats are gonna lose in the superbowl.......y because i said so lol......that and i hate them so that is y i need them to lose

daddypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #114
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Zpower @ Aug. 21 2007,01:14)]<span style='color:blue'>Last year SolidSnake made this thread. I predicted the colts to win it all. This year Im predicitng either, the saints or patriots. If not those two then the colts will win it again.</span>
I think my NFL predictions are on point for the most part. The Patriots are too strong in the post-season and have tons of experience, also they beat the Giants in the regular season. So, I cannot see how the Patriots will lose vs the Giants in the Super Bowl.

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #115
Rightous~Epiphany
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Rightous~Epiphany is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm i want the patriots to win... Cuz my brothers child hood friend plays for them Willie Andrews &lt;&lt; from Longview, Tx... and PLus.. i want moss to get a super bowl ring... But idk... the giants defense might be able to stop The Missile Launcher aka Brady... but idk bout Eli... he's gonna have to step up.. I say this be a close game tho... being won only by a touch down or a Field Goal... so about...... 35-38 &lt;&lt; Either way....good luck to both teams doe

Rightous~Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:44 PM   #116
blazin dragon

Post Thanks / Like
blazin dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres what the Giants have to work on if they expect to win a super bowl.

1. Give a &quot;pep talk&quot; to the kicker. I think yall know what i mean bout pep talk

2. Quit dropping easy passes.

3. Balance the rushing and passing game till u can find out what is effective against the other team.

4. Plaxico Burress - hey he was the &quot;go to guy&quot; aganist the Packers, lets see if he still got that fire in the superbowl.

if they do all of the above, They will give the Pats a run for their money!

They might even win. u never know...

blazin dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #117
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
gieandfer is an unknown quantity at this point

giants all the way baby

i put everything i had on them part one of my betting is complete: the giants go to the superbowl

now part two is in progress: the patriots have to lose

anyway, go giants

gieandfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #118
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (gieandfer @ Jan. 21 2008,17:06)]giants all the way baby

i put everything i had on them part one of my betting is complete: the giants go to the superbowl

anyway, go giants
dats wat im talkin bout....

Old 01-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #119
`The-Game`

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (daddypete @ Jan. 20 2008,22:09)]yes the pats are gonna lose in the superbowl.......y because i said so lol......that and i hate them so that is y i need them to lose
uhhh

New England is going to light the Giants up.

Giants are depleted in the DB area, and the Patroits have 5 recievers. That isn't a very good mix to me.

Plus the fact it's Tom Brady in a SB. Lawrence Marooney is playing well, and Faulk is playing good.

I doubt it's gonna happen.

Patroits defense is just gonna demolish Eli. Jacobs may do okay.

Finals Score: 49-10 Patroits.

300 Yards 4 TD's
`The-Game` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #120
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
gieandfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SolidSnake76 @ Jan. 21 2008,16:11)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (gieandfer @ Jan. 21 2008,17:06)]giants all the way baby

anyway, go giants
dats wat im talkin bout....
hell yes and im going to my friends house just to watch the game on high definition plasma screen

gieandfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #121
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (`The-Game` @ Jan. 21 2008,17:30)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (daddypete @ Jan. 20 2008,22:09)]yes the pats are gonna lose in the superbowl.......y because i said so lol......that and i hate them so that is y i need them to lose
uhhh

Giants are depleted in the DB area, and the Patroits have 5 recievers. That isn't a very good mix to me.

Plus the fact it's Tom Brady in a SB. Lawrence Marooney is playing well, and Faulk is playing good.

300 Yards 4 TD's
on the last game of the reg season;

Pats: 38
Giants: 35

do you honestly think we are gonna allow a defecit that big on the upcomming rematch? please go focus on your sex with the local whores

-Bradshaw is our next best running back since Tiki Barber (keep jacobs off the field)
-Eli + Plax = Dominance
-Our D is at it's best, we can handle the pats
-Do you know who Osi Umenyiora is?
-Do you know how scary it is to throw a ball around Mathias Kiwanuka?
-Eli is starting to be like his brother Peyton, who won the Bowl last year. And as long as pass protection holds, do you see how fast he's getting the ball out there?
-And when it's the 4th quarter, its magic time....

our only problems are Snee, Toomer(he better straighten up), Jacobs(replace him with Bradshaw) and Smith. But we are still a force to be reckoned with.

We New Yorkers are a proud race. your insults only make us stronger....

Old 01-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #122
`The-Game`

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SolidSnake76 @ Jan. 21 2008,18:09)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (`The-Game` @ Jan. 21 2008,17:30)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
uhhh

300 Yards 4 TD's
on the last game of the reg season;

Pats: 38
Giants: 35

do you honestly think we are gonna allow a defecit that big on the upcomming rematch? please go focus on your sex with the local whores

-Bradshaw is our next best running back since Tiki Barber (keep jacobs off the field)
-Eli + Plax = Dominance
-Our D is at it's best, we can handle the pats
-Do you know who Osi Umenyiora is?
-Do you know how scary it is to throw a ball around Mathias Kiwanuka?
-Eli is starting to be like his brother Peyton, who won the Bowl last year. And as long as pass protection holds, do you see how fast he's getting the ball out there?
-And when it's the 4th quarter, its magic time....

our only problems are Snee, Toomer(he better straighten up), Jacobs(replace him with Bradshaw) and Smith. But we are still a force to be reckoned with.

We New Yorkers are a proud race. your insults only make us stronger....
38-35 last game was because Patroits was looking to get the TD record for Moss and Brady. That what they were trying to do most of the 1st half. When they did that, all they did to do was win the game. They dominated them right after that.

Then in the 2nd half Patroits defense pretty much clamped down on Manning. They scored with 1:04 left in the game. Which brought it to that score. Only scoring once and that was at the beginning of the 3rd.

Now it's the post season. They are looking to actually win the game rather than chase the records during the game.

Plus to let me remind you. 2 Words

Tom Brady

He will never lose in the playoffs unless it's Peyton Manning

Now your D is pitiful man. I don't know where your getting oh you can handle the Pats. There isn't anyone in the league who can handle the Pats. San Diego and Baltimore are the best defenses. And they couldn't even keep them under 20 points. Those 2 teams are leagues better than those 2.

Eli+Plax dominance. Until yesterday, that wasn't the case. Where was Plax the last 2 postseason games? Oh, My Bucs CB Ronde shut him down in the 1st game. And he had only 1 catch in the Dallas game. Now he is against Samuals, and the patroits D. They won't allow him to do anything.

Bradshaw I can give you. But the Patroits have shut down the 2 headed monster. in Maurice Jones-Drew, and Taylor.

Mathias Kiwanuka, he will get smoked by Kevin Faulk in the passing game.

4th quarter magic. It wasn't the case in the last match-up. It was more like usual Tom Brady magic.

And aren't you asking way to much for Eli Manning. in a SB, he is more likely to screw-up in a big game like this, against the Patroits in the SB? I garuntee you. He will screw-up.

You have faced Packers and Cowboys, but no team like the Playoff Patroits.
`The-Game` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 PM   #123
Cassidy
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Cassidy is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit Cassidy's Twitter

Wow.. Who ever though that tha Giants would go to tha bowl.. I know I didn't.. lol.. But my Sister's, boyfriend, cuzin' (Corey Webster) plays for tha Giants.. Tryin' to get tickets to tha game..

@Keenu2
Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:04 PM   #124
Juzie

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 157
Juzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the rough

packers losing didn't really shock me, they never seemed like a superbowl team. difference between favre and brady is brady won't lose the game for them.
he might not win some but he won't be the reason they lose while favre has thrown quite a few picks at crucial points in the game. eli has had a few sub standard playoff performances

if a team can beat this years patriots they'd have to put major pressure on brady.
giants have the best pass rush with the most sacks this year
pats have practically the best offensive line. doesn't help the giants that the pats have so many targets which limits them to mostly just the DL rushing the passer
i just don't see the giants scoring enough points to match the best offense of all time

Giant's lost at NY on w17 so i wouldn't put any money on them. i think vegas is spotting them 14 points lol
i'm seeing blowout also
Juzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #125
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like

Five ways to beat the Patriots

1. Rattle Tom Brady: The Chargers and Eagles did it best, and now that he has his right ankle in a walking boot, maybe he'll be slower than molasses (his words when he's healthy). Those two teams got to Brady and forced him out of his comfort zone several times. They knocked him around in the pocket and forced him to make some throws under duress and with his feet not set. The Giants led the NFL in sacks, so we know they are capable. The Giants didn't sack Brett Favre in the Nflp title game, but they confused him with some blitz packages and took away his favorite underneath stuff. We all know Brady loves to throw short to Kevin Faulk and short screens to Wes Welker.

2. Win the short-yardage war: I don't know how many games I've watched in which Heath Evans or some other guy picks up an easy yard or two on third down. Brady is also the second-best passer on third-down in the league. The Giants must be able to stuff the run like they did against Ryan Grant in Lambeau. New York needs to win the time of possession battle and a couple key stops in short-yardage would help do the trick.

3. Eliminate Randy Moss: In the first two playoff games, Moss has two catches and no touchdowns. He's been doubled and roughed up at the line of scrimmage and is nowhere the home-run threat he was during a record-23 touchdown catch season. Yes, the loss of Moss has slowed down New England's offense, but it hasn't cost them. Moss hasn't pouted, either, which is a credit to him. But he's never been in a Super Bowl before, either, and you can imagine that Brady will want him to score. But Brady must not force the action to Moss, something he was able to avoid in the first two playoff games. Moss did score twice against the Giants to tie and then break Jerry Rice's record. The Packers complained about getting mugged at the line of scrimmage by Aaron Ross, Sam Madison and Corey Webster. It will be interesting how Mike Carey's crew calls incidental contact on Super Sunday.

4. Sustain a running game: The Giants were able to do exactly that in all three playoff games and they must maintain that balanced attack. Unlike Mike McCarthy's lack of a commitment to the run, it is often best to keep handing off the ball just to keep the opposition off-balance regardless of the outcome. New York had 39 rushes to 40 passes against Green Bay. The Giants must maintain a similar ratio against the Patriots instead of getting preoccupied in a shootout. Reducing the number of possessions the Patriots have is all important.

5. Tell them to stay home: Yes, it's funny, but I'm not kidding. That's the only way the Patriots don't win Super Bowl XLII. The Giants' final hope is if their team buses get lost and they fail to show for the kickoff. The Patriots have become a team of destiny, plus they already took the best that New York could offer in Week 17 and won, finishing the regular-season unbeaten. This team was driven all season not by perfection but by collapsing after owning a 21-3 lead in last season's Aflp title game. The Patriots care about only one thing: winning Super Bowls. This will be their fourth in seven seasons; only the Steelers of the Seventies, four in six, were more dominant.