SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accepting New SFO/SFX Ambassadors! Apply Now! TitaniumFist SFO News & Updates 4 06-25-2010 01:26 AM
Ideas that support other ideas. ace New Features 8 01-08-2007 06:21 PM
Sfo community avatar~killer RaNdOm iNsAnItY 11 08-22-2006 05:07 AM

Old 03-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default SFO "Merchandise" - Accepting Community Ideas

As announced here, we're looking into creating SFO "merchandise" as a gift upon donating a certain amount.

Let's tackle the details here in an FAQ.

Why have we never done this before?

We have, in a way. CryingFreeman had some SFO gear made (shirts, hats, pens, mouse-pads, key-chains). They would have served as prizes for tournaments, but we never got around to it.

Other than that, we likely never tried it because we cannot monetize Marvel or Capcom characters because we don't own the rights to those intellectual properties.

Why are we doing this now?

Quite frankly, because members could use the incentive to donate, and SFO could use the donations. If the future is to remain a possibility, donations will need to be steady. Also, we're doing it because it could be really, really cool.

How will this work?

Our current plan of action is to finalize the designs (after your input), organize them by level of rarity (and tie them to specific donation amounts), then physically create them.

Upon receiving a donation of X amount, a member will then be eligible to receive a gift. I (or another staff member) will send that member an email (to their paypal address on our records) with an order form (or link) where they will fill out the details if they so choose.

We will need a legal shipping address or at least a P.O. Box to ship the gift to. The logistics will need to be ironed out depending on what country the donor is in, and in accordance with (~BLADE~)'s capabilities and logistics.

Who will be creating the gifts?

This will be handled by (~BLADE~). We've been discussing it (and bouncing ideas off of TMyApp) and are now bringing it to the community. It's also true that the Patriots discussed this independently as an idea (Blade and I were unaware).

Who profits from this?

Profit? What profit? We're not selling shirts. They're gifts created for donations over a certain level. These shirts are created as gifts upon donation, no sale takes place, therefore there is no profit.

These shirts are created at no cost to SFO, but please keep in mind that they will cost (~BLADE~) real world money.

If accepted, will my suggestion entitle me to any profit from the gifts?

There is no profit, so the answer is no.

Is this legal?

Yes. As long as we do not infringe upon either company's intellectual property rights, we're free to create what we want.

How much will the gifts cost to purchase?

The shirts are free. We're not selling shirts. We will be delivering shirts as gifts upon donations of certain amounts.

What will the gifts be?

Right now we're focusing on apparel: shirts, hats, hoodies.

I keep saying shirts because those will be the first things made, undoubtedly.

What do you need from me?

We could use your artwork or slogan suggestions if you have any. If not, that's fine, too! We reserve the right to reject any artwork or slogan that A) isn't your original artwork, B) isn't up to our standards, C) is offensive or derogatory, or D) is illegal or otherwise infringes upon an existing copyright.

What should my suggestion look like? Should I email it to TMyApp?

Please do not email your slogan or logo design to TMyApp.

Your suggestion should look like this:

Quote:
Original Artwork:
  • Your original artwork in a high quality, high resolution, JPEG or PNG. Between 800 x 800 and 1000 x 1000 pixels.
  • Please do not resize the image to make it larger. Create it from scratch at a large resolution.
  • Please make sure you create the artwork yourself: do not take art from anywhere on the web and present it as your own.

Slogan:
  • Your suggestion for a slogan to go on the shirt's front or back.
  • Please specify, though if we like the idea, it may be subject to change.

Logos:
  • Your re-mastered designs of the SFO logo, Game Vindicator logo.
  • High quality, high resolution, JPEG or PNG. Between 800 x 800 and 1000 x 1000 pixels.
  • Please do not resize the image to make it larger. Create it from scratch at a large resolution.
  • Please do not spell out the words in your logo.
  • Good = SFO. Bad = Street Fighter Online.
  • Please make sure you create the logo yourself: do not take a design from anywhere on the web and present it as your own.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 03-26-2017 at 08:27 AM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: SFO "Merchandise" - Accepting Community Ideas

My ideas on what I think we need, as well as some suggestions are below. Hopefully it'll be my last post, and you'll all inundate the thread with better concepts.

What I believe we need:
  • Updated (but respectful to the original) SFO logo. The SFO logo would go on the back of all shirts except those with SFO on the front. In those cases, GV logo could go on the back, or the words UNVIND?
  • Updated (but respectful to the original) Game Vindicator logo.
  • Front facing original front artwork that evokes X-Men or Street Fighter themes, characters, and moves without crossing the line legally. (Generic terms and symbols. “K.O.” or a the words “Vindicated” with various signature elements around them: Ken’s flames, Ryu’s red energy, Akuma’s purple/blue energy. 3 claw gouges/tears/rips for Wolverine, perhaps.)

My actual suggestions:

Slogan (for front primarily, but in some cases the back)
Front facing catchphrases and in-jokes derived from SFO and the community such as:
  • Winners Don't Use Cheats
  • Winners Don't Change Colors
  • Winners Need Faster Computers
  • (~BLADE~) enters. (on the shirt's front) / (~BLADE~) leaves. (on the center of the shirt’s back with the SFO logo on the back above it.)
  • Continue countdown.
  • I’d have loved to use “GG. NO RE.” But those shirts are already being sold on Redbubble. Common gaming term as we all know.
  • Names of Story Mode chapters TMyApp created.
  • Names of completed TMC modes (or popular ones).
  • Personalized shirts with your username on the front. Self-explanatory. Name on the front, SFO logo on the back.
  • Titles: Sponsored VIP, Elite VIP, Outstanding Member, VIP, Moderator, Administrator (Admin?), Patriot (True Patriot?). We would like to avoid creeds for now. About as specific as we think we should get is actual usernames and titles.
  • Concepts for yearly anniversary shirt:
    August 2001 | 16 Years Strong.
    August 2001 | 16 Years of Lag.
  • Concepts for longevity shirts:
    August 2001 | Older Than Splinter Cell
    16 Years of SFO | Older Than Splinter Cell
    16 Years of Lag | Older Than Splinter Cell
    Did you Know…We’re Older Than Splinter Cell?

Concerning the longevity shirts, take a quick look at Comparative Advertising in Google and/or Wikipedia or any other reputable legal website:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_advertising

The short version is I think we’re in the clear since the comparison is truthful, and does not impugn, insult, or deride what we’re comparing ourselves to. It’s fair use, as long as we are honest, and aren’t bashing who or what we’re comparing ourselves to.

Brief list of other popular things SFO’s older than:

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 03-26-2017 at 08:15 AM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote