SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michael Jackson Tribute Thread: Legacy Lives On Zpower General 13 06-27-2009 06:24 PM
Freddy Mercury lives? Wolfeh General 13 08-17-2008 06:02 PM
ESTSET LIVES! TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 8 03-22-2008 05:49 AM
Anybody who lives in texas rs300 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 9 10-10-2006 03:37 AM

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #326
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: [ The Dream Still Lives ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMyApp View Post
On September 17th 2013, this community was faced with a dire financial problem. In order to keep the game and it's servers alive, $390 HAD to be raised by September 23rd. Against all odds, 9 extraordinary and selfless individuals have stepped up to save our beloved SFO. They were: (-Kam-), xfaderx, ItachiForeverm (Liger_Zero), guitarrocker101, Bahki, !_NoobKiller_!, (XA)-Veteran and ((DeathLuX))

Aside from what's been posted on the front page of StreetFighterOnline.com the only thing I'd like to add is this:

For 12 years I've done all that I could in order to make sure SFO would not vanish (even though so many of our haters have predicted it year after year). If there was ever a chance (no matter how small) that I alone could solve the financial problems of this community, you can bet that I took care of it (even if it meant going into more debt in order to keep the game and it's servers alive). Even when things were "bad", I have never openly asked for donations in a specific amount by a specific date. So you can bet the situation over the past week is as bad as it gets. (ie: SFO had a "date" when it would die ... and if that's not "epic" I donít know what is).
I wish I could express my personal thanks and/or describe of how I feel in more detail ... but in all honesty, I'm sure all of you can already guess of what I'm thinking ... plus, the 9 people who have selflessly saved our community this time around know the reasons of why they did it, and/or can imagine of just how selflessly-amazing their actions were

But of course over the last 12 years, there were semi-countless number of users who's donations have either supported, helped and/or plainly kept SFO alive (especially this year). Their past donations should not be forgotten, nor should their importance be downplayed. But in the last week, we were faced with such unusual and extraordinary circumstances that you can't simply say that the "donations have merely helped" ... this time around, "The Nine" and their donations have ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY SAVED SFO FORM VANISHING INTO OBLIVION
Back in march, I was almost 100% sure that these were the "final days" (after all, there was a reason of why I called this time "the 11th hour" ). Today ... I'm not so sure.

Things are "not good" for me personally at the moment (to say the least). And the amount of problems I am currently facing on daily basis is beyond description. One of the biggest of such problems is the amount of financial debt that I am in. But the biggest chunk of this debt ... is what I owe to all those who have supported SFO and who are downright keeping it alive right now.

If only our prayers could get answered once more ... and if only I could have but a single chance to give back to SFO without having all this tremendous weight pushing down on me ... then, I could show everyone of what exactly the words "rebirth of SFO" could really mean
yay!!! so glad SFO is still alive and kicking! wow! what an eventful year for all of us!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #327
`The-Game`

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about`The-Game` has a spectacular aura about

Glad to see people still giving. Shows this community has a lot of heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bahki
Game has been saved yet it doesn't seem like anyone is gonna bother to increase the activity of it.
SSJ pretty much said it. This game has to be completely overhauled. This game is a few generations behind now as we're about to head into 2014. Some miracle needs to happen in order for this game to continue for the long run.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #328
jz3232
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
jz3232 is an unknown quantity at this point

just an idea i have why don't they set up a monthly subscription i think they might be able to collect more money that way through monthly commitments.... what do people think?
Old 10-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #329
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz3232 View Post
just an idea i have why don't they set up a monthly subscription i think they might be able to collect more money that way through monthly commitments.... what do people think?
For a monthly subscription you would first have to update the game so that the subscribers have something that they didn't already have.

This would also interfere with the SFO is free and will always be free motive.

But hey, You're thinking
Old 10-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #330
TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice
Exclamation Next SFO Update

FYI: The next SFO Update is coming Dec 14, 2k13. More info can be found in this thread: http://forum.streetfighteronline.com...839#post808839
Old 10-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #331
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

OMG !!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #332
eveg2012

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
eveg2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to see the next upcoming Update glad i could help out when i did. : ) Good job guys funny i can remember being like 11 playing this i am now 22
Old 11-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #333
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Great news, and great job everyone who's donated, but if you can still help out, give a little more please.

Every little bit helps.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #334
Noobkiller

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough

Are there any donations from SFX or is the total donation summary only from SFO?
It appears SFX has a more active player base, so naturally it would also make sense to give them a update in hope they might donate for reserved weapons/ammo capacity increase/custom character update and other VIP only benefits.

If SFX's site is still up, was the news of SFO/SFX financial situation mentioned there?

Last edited by Noobkiller; 11-27-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #335
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Separate community, same destination.

Would be a damned good idea.
But SFX runs ads for money if im not mistaken.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

Old 11-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #336
YoureGonnaLuvMe

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough

SFX doesnt have any ads atm. maybe its not a bad idea

Street Fighter II
Old 11-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #337
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

TMyApp dont want it to be a single community, as such what happens to SFO doesn't happen to SFX.

the word up to this point is still the same as always...
SFO does what it can and dont care about SFX.

SFX does what it can and dont care about SFO.

2 communities, two diffeent worlds, both dont mix.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #338
Noobkiller

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
TMyApp dont want it to be a single community, as such what happens to SFO doesn't happen to SFX.

the word up to this point is still the same as always...
SFO does what it can and dont care about SFX.

SFX does what it can and dont care about SFO.

2 communities, two diffeent worlds, both dont mix.
One creator.
Its a suggestion to help out with the financial issue.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #339
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn'T matter if its one creator.

fact is, its that creators choice to keep both separates, so that choice must be upheld per his wishes.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:05 AM   #340
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

I think, what is being said, is SFX should hold its own fund raiser as SFO did.
Not saying a campaign would be started in SFX to raise money for SFO, BUT, they run on the same server, same man runs it, same money to keep SFO running keeps SFX running.

That said, the point, is to run a "Help keep SFX alive!" campaign on their forum/community.

The community is secluded, so the only person that could do that is TMy or the sysops registered there.
But, that may or may not already be up and going on that end, no one will know for sure.

Not to ask SFX to raise money for SFO, but to have SFX raise money for its own servers and costs, which in turn, raises money for SFO's servers as well..
Thats what was the point they were trying to make, I believe..

Which is also keeping them separated.

Need to contact blocky?

Last edited by blockattack; 11-28-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:40 AM   #341
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, what they wanted to do was to get in contact with the SFX side and get them to join in, since SFX and SFO are on same server. but that will only lead them to being banned for going above tmyapp's head.

in all cases, its up to TMyApp alone to decide if he wants, not to mention its probably already in effect, hence why tmyapp was able to survive up to this point. i believe the same vip system has been up for years now, and since the community of SFX is still higher in activity then ourselves... i also belive the vip system on their end is going strong.

which means we only have to worry about our own part of it all and forget about SFX all together.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #342
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Kind of off point from the whole topic.

But how do they explain us being Mods/Admins on SFX, and no one in their community being one for the game?

Old 11-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #343
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

True answer, maybe they have we just aren'T knowing them.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #344
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, a part of SFX may be secluded, but it is also our responsibility and our game.
But, that is off subject, and its going in a totally different direction than what the positive awesome nature of this topic is, so, lets drop it guys :-D

On a different note.. have you guys heard? Apparently .. " The dream still lives "

.. Discuss.

Need to contact blocky?

Old 11-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #345
TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice
Talking Re: [ The Dream Still Lives ]

it is good to see that during my absence our beloved SFO staff is now completely full of crack

SFO is what matters the most at the moment ... it is barely hanging on ... and will bleed itself into unconsciousness unless we bring it back to life with the last of our efforts ... in comparison, nothing else is important at the moment ... Dec 14th update is now taking up 110% of the little free time which i have ... all other side projects will remain abandoned and/or forgotten until SFO is back up on it's feet

that said ... plz stay on topic kids ...
Old 12-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #346
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1474
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

just put in a very modest $5. I'll be able to donate alot more either friday on payday or next week's friday.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #347
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1474
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Another modest $10. The plan is to double everytime I donate.

See you guys again this friday with $20

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #348
TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Exclamation Re: [ The Dream Still Lives ]

>> The December 14, 2k13 - SFO 1.9F is LIVE

Official Release Notes have been posted here: http://forum.streetfighteronline.com...ad.php?t=33741
Closed Thread