SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Resident Evil 5 is a Nightmare (and I'm not talking about the gameplay) Iplay2win General 1 02-04-2010 08:02 PM
Resident Evil 5 Gameplay. evil^vegeta Links 13 08-22-2008 10:41 PM
Wallpaper form. (-StarWarrior-) Banners, Avatars and Images 19 03-30-2007 04:44 PM
What if homer form the simpson was put in sfo ~DL~bitcold RaNdOm iNsAnItY 7 03-08-2007 08:15 AM
Sonics new super form GokuS2 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 0 02-24-2007 08:00 AM

Old 05-09-2014, 05:00 AM   #1
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about
Default Evil Form got Different Gameplay

So we got Regular and Evil char (Vip)

An Evil char is a regular char + add Vip Move
That makes Evil > Regular

why don't you try something different ?
Evil char could do more damage than the regular but in compensation they could be slower.

SFO need some change and i think it would be cool.
People wouldn't say Evil got an advantage, being on a Evil Form would be a different game play.

Some people would prefer Regular:
- Faster

some people would prefer Evil:
- More damages
- More moves

What you guyz think ?
Old 05-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY
Default Re: Evil Form got Different Gameplay

I feel like this is the kind of tweak that would go unappreciated.

Players tend to use rage factor to transfrom from Evil to Normal, usually when getting "serious".

It's definitely doable, but I feel as though the speed tweak will be a factor as to why players wouldn't want to play with VIP/Colored characters.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Some would argue that is already how the game is setup... In the sense that the vip specials do more damage than default specials. Like how chunli's spinkick does more damage than her regular moves or even ryu's tenma gou is stronger than his shinkuu.

Now some chars are faster without vip. Chun li for example...

VIP chun li is some straight doodoo. Omg the only thing she got working for her are those bothersome tracking missiles. Her hadoken animation last longer and its noticeable in a hadoken spam war that you'll lose unless the person is right next to you. On top of that coming straight out of anything she wont rapid kick.

leave the game how it is

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

I agree some Reg. chars are faster then their VIP counter parts.

This would go unnoticed, only thing I see that needs changing, is each Characters individual Armour.

Hitting Akuma with a Hadoken should take away more damage then hiting Juggy/Sent with a Hadoken.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

What we need is some streamlining on the VIP forms (ESPECIALLY Ryu). They should lose a few moves to compensate for the VIP moves.

You want to give a reason to use the normal forms as well.

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Want to know what is the music played in SFO?
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando0 View Post
What we need is some streamlining on the VIP forms (ESPECIALLY Ryu). They should lose a few moves to compensate for the VIP moves.

You want to give a reason to use the normal forms as well.
I agree, Ken has the most got damn VIP/Vindicated Moves. Like you can only truley move/dodge attacks when your level bar is below 1, otherwise you might accidentally activate one of his what 8 specials?

Im all for removing some moves, but damn, TMy took precious time to add those moves to the Game. Maybe one day far along the lines, there will be an in-depth host customization feature or something, that lists every move for every character and allows you to pick which moves can be used and which cant.

But thats just a mere dream

Old 05-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #7
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

I don't think evil char are faster with or without it. Vip just add More Hot Key (Combo)

Last edited by (~SiNiK~); 05-09-2014 at 02:53 PM.
(~SiNiK~) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
Noobkiller

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
VIP chun li is some straight doodoo.
What if I told you Vip Chun-Li is the best character in game. Furthermore, no player would stand a ghost of a chance vs my chun li.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #9
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobkiller View Post
What if I told you Vip Chun-Li is the best character in game. Furthermore, no player would stand a ghost of a chance vs my chun li.

I would like to see it
Old 05-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Best char because she can lag the game, go through projectiles, vacuum someone in, has a projectile that follows you and can jump 3 times.

Yeah I would say she is

Old 05-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #11
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Best char because she can lag the game, go through projectiles, vacuum someone in, has a projectile that follows you and can jump 3 times.

Yeah I would say she is
I disagree.

Vindicated Shin Akuma is the best character.

Incredibly fast, hard to predict movements, can avoid everything.

Level 1 RDs for good measure.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #12
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobkiller View Post
BRUHHHHH our chun match lasted like 40 mins for 3 rounds and you be me by a hadoken

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 05-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #13
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [VIP]Killer View Post
I disagree.

Vindicated Shin Akuma is the best character.

Incredibly fast, hard to predict movements, can avoid everything.

Level 1 RDs for good measure.
Mhmm this is a good Debate but everything you pointed out is correct he is extremely fast.

Vindi VIP Akuma and VIP Chun top 2 Characters.

I think Akuma might take the cake but with the Lag Chun is hard to track as well.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #14
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like

Chun got some weakness ...

If you fight vs an offensive player, Chun got advantage
If you fight vs a defensive player (waiting on Chun to do triple Jump or using special) then Chun got a disadvantage.

=> If you don't want that disadvantage vs a defensive player, you have to be defensive aswell. That are the most uninteresting fight on sfo.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #15
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Also longest fights on SFO lol

Longer then wolv v wolv with healing lol

Old 05-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #16
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

This is actually a great idea.

And as Killer said, entirely doable.

But instead of people not noticing it, I think they would and then they'd complain.

Still think it's a great idea for competition.

Last great idea like this was probably Solid's 2 v 1 Handicap, which is now in-game. Basically...

Quote:
BRUHHHHH our chun match lasted like 40 mins for 3 rounds and you be me by a hadoken
Say you recorded it, or I kill you.

Quote:
Also longest fights on SFO lol

Longer then wolv v wolv with healing lol
What was it, Penzel vs Wolfeh with Chun Li?

Me and Nyah had a few, but I, for one, am no Chun Li master.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #17
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by (~SiNiK~) View Post
Chun got some weakness ...

If you fight vs an offensive player, Chun got advantage
If you fight vs a defensive player (waiting on Chun to do triple Jump or using special) then Chun got a disadvantage.

=> If you don't want that disadvantage vs a defensive player, you have to be defensive aswell. That are the most uninteresting fight on sfo.
noooo if somebody is being an asshole and playing defensively like the way you described it... i'll switch into offense and do the backwards special glitch and specials in the middle of the stage.

@ Tfist, if i had recording software on i probably wouldnt have came close as i did. The 1st round lasted 20 mins in itself... My fingers were already hurting i got the round. 2nd round I got completely demolished because he found my pattern. 3rd round i found his and he changed it up in the middle of the game... ended up beating me by a hair.

We were going to best of 3... but he had to get off and i honestly wasn't about that hour a game life.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 05-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #18
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
@ Tfist, if i had recording software on i probably wouldnt have came close as i did. The 1st round lasted 20 mins in itself... My fingers were already hurting i got the round. 2nd round I got completely demolished because he found my pattern. 3rd round i found his and he changed it up in the middle of the game... ended up beating me by a hair.

We were going to best of 3... but he had to get off and i honestly wasn't about that hour a game life.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #19
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1661
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

time to reopen that Chun thread shad0w so I can prove you wrong... again!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #20
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

nothing more to say then yes !
giving clear advantages for VIPs or vindicated chars is just another way of saying to people that we are to play. something we are not.

in all games i have seen evil chars all have drawbacks and advanatges. being slowr but mor epowerfull makes the reward great. being faster but weak makes a character hard to play.

so yeah, im all for this idea. just because i dont want any Pay to win type of games to be.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #21
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by (~SiNiK~) View Post
So we got Regular and Evil char (Vip)

An Evil char is a regular char + add Vip Move
That makes Evil > Regular

why don't you try something different ?
Evil char could do more damage than the regular but in compensation they could be slower.

SFO need some change and i think it would be cool.
People wouldn't say Evil got an advantage, being on a Evil Form would be a different game play.

Some people would prefer Regular:
- Faster

some people would prefer Evil:
- More damages
- More moves

What you guyz think ?
To me, in my opinion-wise, I don't see anything wrong with this or need change of evil form. There are some advantages & disadvantages + strengths/weaknesses of all these characters (including boss onslaught). Your right about 1 thing tho, SFO needs some kinda change eventually. But staying on topic here, I can work around the damage, speed, and supers of characters (including ryu).

As for gameplay wise, well we all know that everyone has different playing styles to usage of their characters, so I really don't think theres any need for this.

My SFO History Information Over the Years

IGNs: wol-spi-ryu & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF, & Zero-E only
Characters: Ryu/Cyclops only
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #22
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

What ever happen, make sure Akuma's and Ken's hadouken faster because that's crazy how slow they are compared to Ryu's and Sakura's.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #23
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like

My point of view: It would add more diversity to the game.

Right now Evil Form can do every Regular move + new move are added.
So Evil > Regular

For real most of the fights ingame are Evil vs Evil or Regular vs Regular.
It's like a rule on sfo, if a VIP member plays a a member (mirror match), he will use a rage factor to use the regular (doesn't want advantage)

Slow Down Evil Char, Add more Damage so people wouldn't complain about doing a Regular vs Evil.
Evil wouldn't be an advantage anymore. It would be a different style.
We couldn't say anymore Evil > Regular

Maybe we will have Pro Evil Form and Pro Regular.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #24
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

^ I agree with this 100%

So we should make Evil Chars all Moves +7% and all specials +10% but decrease the overall speed of the character -7%

And Regular character, stays as is.

Or we could do the complete opposite, and boost Reg char and leav the Evil forms as is.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #25
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
^ I agree with this 100%

So we should make Evil Chars all Moves +7% and all specials +10% but decrease the overall speed of the character -7%

And Regular character, stays as is.

Or we could do the complete opposite, and boost Reg char and leav the Evil forms as is.
^
Yes, you got it ! that's exactly what i'm talking about

If we add this we couldn't say anymore Evil > Regular ...