Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

View Poll Results: Host Test - Test Before you Go in Server
Yes 9 64.29%
No 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cant host or join a host. necrothic Members Help Center 7 04-30-2009 08:31 AM
I cant host a game is there a way to host i have f fire23150 Members Help Center 1 07-26-2006 12:22 PM

Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube
Talking Re: Host Test

Ok Here's a Feature That I think SFO needs Alot Now Just Vote Yes or no And Your Opinion About it.

Host Test Will be a Button In either the SFO help Section Or network Tab in the Options Menu and what It Does Is This
Once you Port forward And set your Local IP Press the Host Test And It will run a Check and See if you Are Able to Host I'm Not sure how it can be done so I'll Give you a Few Examples

example 1: Once you Press Test Host A message will pop up and say "You are now able to host" If not then a Message will pop up and Say "You Are not Able to Host Please Check if your ports are forwarded to TCP-1626,UDP 1626-1627. Also Check and see if you put the right Local IP"

example 2: Once you press the test Host Button A screen will Pop up as if you actually Hosted in Game and SFO will make an Artificial Person Join your Host If ports were configed correctly the the Artifical Person Wil be Able to Join If not Then you are sent back to the main menu with a Message saying "You are not able to Host".

I think This would be a good Feature so that People will know if there Able to Host Instead of Going in Game and hosting. If you are Able to host and you go in the Chat Server and host But no one Enters then A person might think they Cannot Host Same as if a person Can't host and they go in the Chat Server and host a game and everybody Joins But they Haven't Configed there ports And they Still Might think They Can Host And just No one Joined.

Me personally I would love this Feature Because I can Either Port forward My own ports or a Fellow Community Member of SFO and instead of us keep Hosting and testing We can Just Press test Host and Find out with in Seconds. So Tell me What You all Think About it.

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY
Default Re: Host Test

I'm going to break my host for you to show you an indicator which tells you when you can or can't host

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough

I use this to check if my port is opened and what not.

http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

Hey (M-X)RecKoninG,

I think that this is a great idea. It doesn't seem like anything too complex to add into the game, but what do I know, I'm not the programmer. It is quite effective as it's better than going into a server and attempting to host, especially when no one is in a server or when no one actually joins; but you don't know if someone is joining or not, as you can't host.

This idea isn't pointless in my opinion, it serves a purpose but, would this require a dedicated server to be based on? None the less, not a bad idea and good luck with it.

^ Thanks estset.
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

really?

I put in any port, and it seems to work for me.

She's Coming...

Old 11-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
(-Kam-)

Post Thanks / Like
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice

Thanks (-ObNoXiOuS-1-) I think You Are the Only One who Gets What I am Saying.
So I am Going to break it down Some more ok you ready?
The Test Host Button Will See If you Can Host On SFO without Actually Going in the Server and Hosting.

I know About online Port Checkers But that Wont Help you Host on SFO if your ports are opened but you Do not have the Right Local IP
So the Test Host Button Will Check and see if
1.)Your Ports are Open
2.)You Have Correct Local IP in Place
3.)Will Players Be Able to Join Your Game Once All of the Above is Done

So Now Your Opinion Please?

Old 11-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #7
L0kito

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
L0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enough

Actually when you go in the game chatroom....you will noticed that quick game is there for those who can host..for those who can't it doesn't show up...
L0kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like

it requires too much work for something that will rarely be used.

If you can host, you don't have to worry about this at all. It just seems like a waste of effort.

there are various ways to see if you can host. One great example was stated by Lokito.

She's Coming...

Old 11-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Not a bad idea, but not a needed feature..

To see if your host works or not, simply host a game.. if you see a (0) next to your name, you cannot host. Leave and try again.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
kj1611
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
kj1611 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's easy to host if you dont have wireless... you only need to know your router's ip, your ip, and have a clue how to not flapup your internet.
kj1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #11
(-Kam-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (L0kito @ Nov. 11 2009,11:45)]Actually when you go in the game chatroom....you will noticed that quick game is there for those who can host..for those who can't it doesn't show up...
Yes I know that but what I also noticed Was you Have to Successfully Host and Someone Has to Join Your game In Order for the Quick Game button To apper

Old 11-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #12
twicecsupreme
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
twicecsupreme is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (L0kito @ Nov. 11 2009,14:45)]Actually when you go in the game chatroom....you will noticed that quick game is there for those who can host..for those who can't it doesn't show up...
Actually before i fixed my port forwarding to be able to host, i had the quick game button there....and i wasn't able to host.

I believe the button idea to check if youcan or can not host is a good idea.

Back on SFO and thirsty for BLOOD
twicecsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #13
MeteorRyu5
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
MeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished road

I'm with blockattack on this one. If you host and see a number other than 0, then you can host. There are several other ways you can check if you're able to host, and one of them that I used in the past was the port checker.

Not needed.

MeteorRyu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #14
4th~Espada

Post Thanks / Like
4th~Espada is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if this works all the time...but if you're UAC is elevated about the 'never' level, When in initially host and it prompts you to allow access for the SFO program (did not really read it), then this is another indicator you can host.

4th~Espada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #15
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

When you host, if you press "Kick Player," if you see nothing show up, that means your host doesn't work.

If it does show "Was kicked from game" people can join.

Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
ImBeast
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 9
ImBeast will become famous soon enoughImBeast will become famous soon enoughImBeast will become famous soon enoughImBeast will become famous soon enoughImBeast will become famous soon enoughImBeast will become famous soon enoughImBeast will become famous soon enoughImBeast will become famous soon enoughImBeast will become famous soon enoughImBeast will become famous soon enoughImBeast will become famous soon enough

they need this for real becasue to many ppl cant host an always cying

FIRST WEEK WINNER OF SicK PicK
ImBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #17
BCX
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 89
BCX will become famous soon enoughBCX will become famous soon enoughBCX will become famous soon enoughBCX will become famous soon enoughBCX will become famous soon enoughBCX will become famous soon enoughBCX will become famous soon enoughBCX will become famous soon enoughBCX will become famous soon enoughBCX will become famous soon enoughBCX will become famous soon enough
Visit BCX's Facebook Visit BCX's Twitter Visit BCX's YouTube

great idea i voted yes

movin on up..
I be starin at the world thru my rear view.

"I sersly love that pink elite color when the elites pop up in the sfo lobby I need dat bro" - (-KingBuck-)

"shoryueppa"
BCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #18
catman20

Post Thanks / Like
catman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura about

yeah great idea(should also let us know how good the connect speed is)

catman20 is offline   Reply With Quote