Windows Vista Nosoul4Sfo Bugs and Problems report 5 01-07-2008 01:38 PM
Windows Vista 4life_killah General 2 05-23-2007 10:47 PM

Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 116
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Windows 7

Windows unit head Bill Veghte said on Thursday that Windows 7 development remains on track.

The company has officially said it would ship by January 2010, but top executives have also said from time to time that it would be done by the end of 2009.

"The product is tracking very, very well," Veghte said. "We are committed and looking good, relative to our commitment--(shipping Windows 7) three years from general availability of Windows Vista."

Microsoft has released few details on the product, largely assuring customers that it would be making big architectural changes and that it will have a new multitouch user interface.

Video: Multi-Touch in Windows 7

Most of Veghte's talk, as expected, was on Windows Vista and how Microsoft sees a large perception gap. Veghte showed the Mojave Project, first detailed here, in which users predisposed against Vista reacted favorably when shown Vista when it was presented under the guise of being a new version of Windows, code-named Mojave.

Even outside focus groups, Veghte said that not only are customers buying the operating system, but more are liking it, pointing to recent internal figures showing that 89 percent of users said they were "satisfied" or "very satisfied" with the product. Some 83 percent said they would recommend Vista to a friend or family member, Veghte said.

He also demoed Internet Explorer 8, which he said would be released in final form later this year. An early beta was shown off at the Mix '08 trade show in the spring.

Update: In the closing Q and A session, CEO Steve Ballmer was asked what Windows 7 would look like, but declined to offer any new details saying to do so would be a "no-win" situation.

"It's going to look great; It's going to be quite compatible," he said, to some laughter. "If I wanted to start selling Windows 7 today, we'd start selling windows 7 today. Then you'd complain."

He did reiterate what has already been said, saying that Windows 7 is designed to avoid making big changes. "The design point is compatible form the get-go in large measure," he said.

It looks just like Windows Vista lol..

system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:29 AM   #2
streetkid4
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
streetkid4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks awesome I saw the commercial but I cant stand being outdated -_-"

EsKayFosho
streetkid4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:24 AM   #3
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

that duosense tech seems hot.

but isn't that like a tablet pc?

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Iplay2win
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe it's a version of windows that's "touch screen-friendly"
Old 07-26-2008, 01:15 AM   #5
guitarrocker

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

lol.. thats retarded. The thing that really yanks my chain.. is that it was supposed to be called Windows Longhorn
Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
system4

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 116
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (guitarrocker101 @ July 26 2008,02:15)]lol.. thats retarded. The thing that really yanks my chain.. is that it was supposed to be called Windows Longhorn
Codename Longhorn is Windows Server 2008.. not Windows 7..

Windows 7 codename is Vienna..

system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #7
DestinationWeaponX
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DestinationWeaponX is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah it does look very good

My Latest Work^^
DestinationWeaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #8
NiceAlien

Post Thanks / Like
NiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enough

^Those screenshots above look the same at Vista. I'm not impress by them. But Veghte said it's going really well, that's more than what they said for Vista, so I'll believe him and wait for it.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #9
alamgir
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
alamgir is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I think all these gimicky updates to Windows operating systems are just Microsoft's way of mugging consumers. All I need is an OS with a simple interface and functions that don't overwhelm your RAM for no apparent reason. Until Windows becomes more than skin deep and sees some new additions, i'm not buying it.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

Personally I think technology is getting way out of hand, they need to slow down a little for everyone to adapt to the atmosphere. Every company is rushing to create new technology before one another. They need to thing about their customers.

In 2005, I purchased this current computer which I'm using for £299.98 ($600) at the moment, it'll go no higher than £100 ($200). It's with:

Intel&reg; Celeron&reg; - 2.40GHz
256MB RAM
40GB HD
Built-in 64MB Graphics card.

As great as all this is, they'll soon run out of the technology.

^ Thanks estset.
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #11
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((-ObNoXiOuS-1-) @ July 28 2008,18:07)]Personally I think technology is getting way out of hand, they need to slow down a little for everyone to adapt to the atmosphere. Every company is rushing to create new technology before one another. They need to thing about their customers.

In 2005, I purchased this current computer which I'm using for £299.98 ($600) at the moment, it'll go no higher than £100 ($200). It's with:

Intel® Celeron® - 2.40GHz
256MB RAM
40GB HD

Brotha, that's too outdated. ;]

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 AM   #12
alamgir
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
alamgir is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol yeah. Vista would eat that alive.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #13
HostileFTW

Post Thanks / Like
HostileFTW is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((-ObNoXiOuS-1-) @ July 28 2008,17:07)]Personally I think technology is getting way out of hand, they need to slow down a little for everyone to adapt to the atmosphere. Every company is rushing to create new technology before one another. They need to thing about their customers.

Intel® Celeron® - 2.40GHz
256MB RAM
40GB HD

I think you got ripped off... even by 2005 standards.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #14
XxOmny_SakuraxX
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
XxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this point

Lmao, how crappy is this, even my laptop beats that...

Here are my spec of my real pc, it's not bad at all and it only costed me 500$

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How proud would the buildings of rome look like without a single stone?</td></tr></table>
XxOmny_SakuraxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #15
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

1Gig, meh.
My laptop was only $480 and it's 2048 RAM. ;]

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote