Family guy clip Coor Links 4 08-29-2006 09:41 PM

Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #26
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1176
(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice
Default Re: Amazing Spider-Man Clip

I feel like I just read a script from the great debaters.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
to answer your question TFist...
why will the avangers movie be better...

2 words for you pal...
JOSS WHEDON !!!!!!
go look at this movie then... ASTONISHING XMEN : GIFTED
its a movie version of his comic book, mind you its an animated comic book. so its not full on animes.
hes a genius in the industry with marvel everything he touches is gold.
actually he's the one who directed the ending of the captain america movie to make sure it fits the bill of his own avengers. i'm not surprised to also know that he also directed the ending of the movie thor. (the scene with loky at the end i mean)

Joss whedon is used to group movies and did a lot of great ones with so few money, he's a genius in the art and never got any chances at prooving he could do it with big budget. now is his chance at big stardom.

i just know because of him that the movie is gonna be awesome and the trailers prooves me it will. because they say nothing of the story. and thats exactly how joss whedon likes his trailers.
Yeah, that may be a plus in the film's favor. Unlike J.J. Abrams, personally, I think he's got a better track record on the big-screen. Not knocking J.J. at all, but MI3 for instance sucked, imo. Compare that one to any others in the franchise (especially this last one which was AWESOMENESS) and the third one with J.J. at the helm was the worst, imo.

So, yeah, I'm willing to wait and see what Whedon will pull off.

Quote:
i understand full well your points TFist... what i dont understand is how much of the canon you want them to lose to get "YOU" into it. basically what you wanted what not to see THOR... what you wanted was to see a whole new character never before seen. what you wanted is a movie about something new you have never seen before. thats the problem, because people like you are why the avengers movie never hapenned before that. i'll go further it is the reason why cross over movies never hapenned.
Actually, no. I have no issues whatsoever with a film sticking close to the source material if the film is good and does not suck. I don't care one way or the other if they change things or not, just make sure you make a damn good film. Thor was not. My feelings are evidenced by the fact that I agreed with you on your 'stick to the way the comics made Thor look like he was insane' theme. My point has always been this: Respect and draw on the source material, but whether or not you stick to the source material or deviate, make the best movie possible.

In Thor's case, some changes would've helped. I could go on a rant about what I'd change, but it is pointless as we'd never agree, and I don't feel like doing it again. Already took it apart with my friends after we watched it.

Quote:
my dream will probably never come true because of sony reboot.
because they dont want to mix up heros. all they want is mainstream action...
why do we like comic books ? its not because its spiderman, its not because he can shoot web from his web shooters... we like him and the rest of the gang, because its a world. a universe that we know others like him are there. i like to see spiderman go to the xavier institute when he gets his DNA problems. i like the punisher coming in when something is fishy. i most likely like to see a cross over between daredevil and spiderman. they go so well together.

that you cannot see in movies, that you just cannot see. because a movie is only 2 hours long and the companies do not want to create that universe.
Yup. But one small point, even if they wanted to mix them up, they also can't create that universe because different studios hold the rights to different characters/franchises.

Quote:
we're at a point in time where people wanna see that cross over. thats why the avengers will be so wanted. because people have enough of geeky super hero movies with no interest !

if you want that, i'll suggest you go listen to a few other movies...
- Defendor
- Super (actually very good)
- Hero at Large (80ies old classic here)
i think you will be filled with joy seeing as how those movies are based on nothing at all.
or if they are then i think they dont have a big fan base to begin with.
Well, you've assumed I love superhero themed films that are based on no source material at all.I don't. I love good movies. Whether they are based on well-known source material or none at all doesn't make a damn's worth of difference to me.

A film at its heart is just a story. There are no more new stories. New ways of telling them, yes. But every single theme touched upon in comics, films, or TV shows has existed in other forms of literature that pre-date them. It's why I respect comics, and love the superhero genre in general, but am not a comic-geek per se. I've read them from time to time, and usually consume as much summarial info on the backgrounds of characters and story arcs, though.

Quote:
my reality here is... i dont care if its taken or not from soemthing already existing or not, i just like super heroes that much. but damn, if its based off something then by all means it has to be resembling it, not be some rip off that do not have anything to do with it.
And if you read my previous posts, you'd know that we don't disagree.

@You're rant about Sony: For the most part, agreed. I've never said Sony made the greatest choices where the franchise was concerned, thought the idea of rebooting to begin with was stupid, and that they did Rami and the whole cast wrong. I'm just willing to give this one a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-Ashley-) View Post
It's fun debating stuff with Karma - unless I am already pissed off and he manages to walk right into it. I wanted to make an R.I. thread titled, 'Titanium and Karma argue about/over stuff', but decided against it. Time, the lameness of making a thread just for us, member expectations and randomness skewing it (and then having to maintain it) changed my mind.

I'd rather we just hi-jacked existing threads where everyone will leave us alone to keep trading well-thought out blows.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #28
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-Ashley-) View Post
Titan and Karma will go on for days.. get used to it..

Karma will say anything, even if its wrong, and fight to the DEATH, his right to say it, LOL.
And titanium will go through fire to prove himself correct.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #29
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

actually block... i'm usually right on my points. yes i do make assumptions, but those assumptions comes way later once i know what the person thinks. heres one point TFist seems to not have gotten from me up to this point (assumption here) its the fact that Thor is not one of my favorite marvel movie. it was well made kept thors the way he was... but im not a fan of how they made the movie. nor do i am ok with the fact they made it look like ironman versus magical enemies. i wish i had seen a real fight with loki. the end fight was just plain wrong and odin saving thor... that was just wrong !

but... saying thor changed too fast... thats the missconception here...
he didn't change, he was always like that, the only thing was that he never really saw what it was to be a mortal. he never saw the outside world for what it was. and just like in the comics, he had to be banned to midguard in order to learn that much.

but the way they portrayed it, by showing us the banning first and then the hospital thing... it was just plain wrong... they destroyed the only way to make the thing right.

i'll give you another exemple of movie that was destroyed from its original content...
Daredevil with ben afleck.
that movie is awesome... but its too focused on the fight scenes and him kicking ass then any real clue seeking case he usually has to do. daredevil isn't just a kicking ass monster, hes also a detective and does a great job at it.

i thoguth the movie couldn't be better until i saw the directors cut movie. at that point i was looking at a very different paced movie. i swear its 30 minutes added and it changes the whole movie upside down. it becomes a thriller instead of an action flick. and the charcaters are 100 times deeper. aka froggy actually has a usefullness in the movie. mat murdock actual goes on a real case.

i'd say for anyone who haven't seen daredevil directors cut.. go for it, its a whole different movie experience and a way better one at it.

exemple....
can't find the video...
mat murdock gets int he sargeants car in drivers seat and starts to drive int healley. but he's blind !!!!
he wants to know why the sargeant said the truth in court when it was obvious he lied.
then after a good beat up with car. he puts his hand on the heart and understand, the guy has a pace maker. now why would you lie in court... because th eking pin is a monster, he doesn't just kill you he kills your whole familly including your ****ing dog !

at that point mat realises that elektra is in danger as well.

see there, a 100 times better then ben telling to mat that the king pin kills everyone.
also, ben is there at each and every cases of mat, the link between the two is way better in the director cuts.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #30
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
actually block... i'm usually right on my points. yes i do make assumptions, but those assumptions comes way later once i know what the person thinks. heres one point TFist seems to not have gotten from me up to this point (assumption here) its the fact that Thor is not one of my favorite marvel movie. it was well made kept thors the way he was... but im not a fan of how they made the movie. nor do i am ok with the fact they made it look like ironman versus magical enemies. i wish i had seen a real fight with loki. the end fight was just plain wrong and odin saving thor... that was just wrong !
No, I remembered you were not a fan of Thor. You mentioned in two topics I think.

Quote:
i'll give you another exemple of movie that was destroyed from its original content...
Daredevil with ben afleck.
that movie is awesome... but its too focused on the fight scenes and him kicking ass then any real clue seeking case he usually has to do. daredevil isn't just a kicking ass monster, hes also a detective and does a great job at it.

i thoguth the movie couldn't be better until i saw the directors cut movie. at that point i was looking at a very different paced movie. i swear its 30 minutes added and it changes the whole movie upside down. it becomes a thriller instead of an action flick. and the charcaters are 100 times deeper. aka froggy actually has a usefullness in the movie. mat murdock actual goes on a real case.

i'd say for anyone who haven't seen daredevil directors cut.. go for it, its a whole different movie experience and a way better one at it.

exemple....
can't find the video...
mat murdock gets int he sargeants car in drivers seat and starts to drive int healley. but he's blind !!!!
he wants to know why the sargeant said the truth in court when it was obvious he lied.
then after a good beat up with car. he puts his hand on the heart and understand, the guy has a pace maker. now why would you lie in court... because th eking pin is a monster, he doesn't just kill you he kills your whole familly including your ****ing dog !

at that point mat realises that elektra is in danger as well.

see there, a 100 times better then ben telling to mat that the king pin kills everyone.
also, ben is there at each and every cases of mat, the link between the two is way better in the director cuts.
I actually liked Daredevil, too. I didn't think it was awesome, but I liked it. I've heard the director's cut was better, but have yet to watch it. I'll dig it up one day.

Oh, btw, Unbreakable is probably my favorite superhero themed film not based on existing material. Never saw Defendor...Super is even worse.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #31
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Super was just funny and brutal which made it cool in my head !

defendor i haven't seen, im really not excited to see it.

unbreakable was the best of them all for sure.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote