SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello! It's been a long time! SoFallen General 15 08-19-2014 05:37 AM
First Sig, in a long time LuXv Banners, Avatars and Images 10 07-04-2010 03:02 PM
long time... kingofallkings Banners, Avatars and Images 2 03-07-2008 06:49 PM
wip in a really really long time ~MK~stewie Banners, Avatars and Images 7 07-30-2007 12:03 PM
Long time no see Yamainu Links 6 01-12-2006 07:55 PM

Old 08-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
wolvamat

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
wolvamat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's been a long time, shouldn't have left you

Well lookie what we got here, if it isn't your friendly neighbourhood wolvamat. Came to visit the site because I was curious to see if it was still alive and kicking and see how much the game has developed in my absence.

I joined here in 2002 when I was like 10 or 11 years old. I believe I came across xmvsf originally after I saw "Xmen Vs. Streetfighter" listed in the top games of this flash games website, I think it was arcadepod or something. I saw it on a school pc looking over somenones shoulder and I remember thinking "there is no way... It's just going to be a cheap knock off that won't play anything like streetfighter" that afternoon when I got home from school I managed to download the client and soon realised that.. HOLY.... ITS MULTIPLAYER?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PLAY STREETFIGHTER ONLINE?! LIKE... WITH OTHER PEOPLE!? Blew my little 10 year old mind.

I used to spend my christmas holidays (or what a lot of you might call summer vacation) playing SFO (or 'xmvsf') all day long. I had a dialup 56k modem and I used to question why I would completely own someone for 30 seconds straight and nothing would happen to their health meter. I used to hear a lot of talk about 'teleporting' too.. I saw some poeple quit games because they "didn't know how to teleport". Still none of that discouraged me though.. my life long love of streetfighter games and xmen characters was enough to keep me fighting through it all and I used to have an absolute blast with this game. I consider it a major part of my childhood and I still think of the time I had with the game and a lot of the community members still to this day.

Having said all that, the community was a different story. I was a 10 year old trying to communicate with the unforgiving brutalness that is the internet. It was never going to go well.
I have read a couple of my old posts from 13 years ago and they are just cringeworthy. I was a very immature individual and I said a lot of nasty things to a lot of nice people. If I offended any of you personally, I am sorry.. I'm a very different person to what I was, so many aspects of my life have changed over the years like I'm sure all of yours have as well.

Basically all I want to say is it's really good to see you again!

It's really great to see some old names still around like Bloodpack, SBYRD5, SSJ Karma, Leftyfb, Solidsnake76, Asshole, Elena, and of course TMyApp (I actually searched for TMyApp just for the hell of it, and that's how I found my way back to this site) I'm sure there are still a lot more names that I will recognize as I continue my lurking..

Whats up every one!

Last edited by wolvamat; 08-21-2015 at 07:31 PM.
wolvamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Re: It's been a long time, shouldn't have left you

Please don't leave. We still love you.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:20 PM   #3
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

^wolfeh begging for people to stay should show you the current state of this site lol

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome back. Have fun looking around the game/forum.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:15 PM   #5
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough

Welcome back bro.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:25 AM   #6
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvamat View Post
Well lookie what we got here, if it isn't your friendly neighbourhood wolvamat. Came to visit the site because I was curious to see if it was still alive and kicking and see how much the game has developed in my absence.

I joined here in 2002 when I was like 10 or 11 years old. I believe I came across xmvsf originally after I saw "Xmen Vs. Streetfighter" listed in the top games of this flash games website, I think it was arcadepod or something. I saw it on a school pc looking over somenones shoulder and I remember thinking "there is no way... It's just going to be a cheap knock off that won't play anything like streetfighter" that afternoon when I got home from school I managed to download the client and soon realised that.. HOLY.... ITS MULTIPLAYER?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PLAY STREETFIGHTER ONLINE?! LIKE... WITH OTHER PEOPLE!? Blew my little 10 year old mind.

I used to spend my christmas holidays (or what a lot of you might call summer vacation) playing SFO (or 'xmvsf') all day long. I had a dialup 56k modem and I used to question why I would completely own someone for 30 seconds straight and nothing would happen to their health meter. I used to hear a lot of talk about 'teleporting' too.. I saw some poeple quit games because they "didn't know how to teleport". Still none of that discouraged me though.. my life long love of streetfighter games and xmen characters was enough to keep me fighting through it all and I used to have an absolute blast with this game. I consider it a major part of my childhood and I still think of the time I had with the game and a lot of the community members still to this day.

Having said all that, the community was a different story. I was a 10 year old trying to communicate with the unforgiving brutalness that is the internet. It was never going to go well.
I have read a couple of my old posts from 13 years ago and they are just cringeworthy. I was a very immature individual and I said a lot of nasty things to a lot of nice people. If I offended any of you personally, I am sorry.. I'm a very different person to what I was, so many aspects of my life have changed over the years like I'm sure all of yours have as well.

Basically all I want to say is it's really good to see you again!

It's really great to see some old names still around like Bloodpack, SBYRD5, SSJ Karma, Leftyfb, Solidsnake76, Asshole, Elena, and of course TMyApp (I actually searched for TMyApp just for the hell of it, and that's how I found my way back to this site) I'm sure there are still a lot more names that I will recognize as I continue my lurking..

Whats up every one!
nice to see you man! and thanks for remembering me
i remember you as well, i was the noob who kept annoying you with my persistent tag requests back in the ikonboard forum lolz
i remember your avatar too! that gif supersaiyan of yourself lolz
but yeah, stick around man, youll see a lot has change, with my name becoming a trending topic/hashtag lolz
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote