SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This account need a vip name on it... DarkSilver007 Members Help Center 2 04-16-2006 12:53 PM

Old 12-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
PaddyWallace
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
PaddyWallace is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit PaddyWallace's YouTube
Default Account disappearance

Hello all, its been quite some time indeed.

Anyway, I have been trying to log back on and I can't get past the "attempting to authenticate..." notification. Also when I search for my IGN on the top score list it says it doesn't exist (i'm not sure if this is just because I haven't had a fight in a few years or otherwise).

My account is Elite VIP and so I hope it hasn't been deleted etc. Does anyone know if this has happened to anyone else or how I can ramify the situation...?

Cheers,

PaddyWallace

[#2 SSOTS Winner 2008]
[#5 Best Spidey user of 2008]
[#2 Best SFO Camera Club Member of 2008]

Last edited by PaddyWallace; 12-24-2015 at 10:59 AM.
PaddyWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Re: Account disappearance

While I've never heard of an account being "erased," there are two possible reasons I can think of...

The first being that the authorization server went down at the time your issue occured.
@Nferno666 might be able to verify... If he isn't plastered out of his skull by now.

Your Shockwave might not be compatible. I believe 8.5 and 10.5 are the only acceptable ones?
@SSJKarma

If your acc winds up suspended...
@TitaniumFist might have more info.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
Nferno666

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 512
Nferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really nice

accounts are never deleted...shows last login for this account was "2014-04-27 15:39:40"

when scores are reset and you haven't played during the new scores it will always say account doesn't exist.

try web version if download version isn't working or vice versa. or try a different computer if your getting the same issues.

XMVSSF/SFO Record: Wins: 24,549(94.12%) Losses: 1,534(5.88%) Total: 26,083 As of 02/07/12
Nferno666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 05:51 AM   #4
PaddyWallace
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
PaddyWallace is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit PaddyWallace's YouTube

Thanks for the replies guys!

I don't think it is the shockwave as I can log in with an anonymous account fine. Maybe its because i'm using a mac and used Wineskin to install and run SFO and GV has something to do with it?

Even when I play with an anonymous account in single player I am having problems, for e.g. I chose Gambit and Spidey say but in gameplay I was given Ryu.

I used to have a windows partition that I used to play SFO but my computer died and when it was restored my partition seems to have vanished.

[#2 SSOTS Winner 2008]
[#5 Best Spidey user of 2008]
[#2 Best SFO Camera Club Member of 2008]
PaddyWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Seems like a cache issu to me, probably shockwave wrongfully downloaded your game. had this problem once or twice, the game is playable, but has major bugs hapenning. once i cleared the cache of my browser and redownloaded the game, everything was fine afterward.

so to me it seems like your cache is corrupted. clear it.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote