SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

View Poll Results: What should we do with "guest view" on the forum?
Enable guest view on the forum. Allow members to view the forum even when not logged in. 6 50.00%
Disable guest view on the forum. Prohibit members form viewing the forum when not logged in. 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forum: Posting View Orders.. Ron-Exon Members Help Center 4 04-20-2012 04:10 PM
Cant view forum with new account ~H~Blaze Members Help Center 14 08-28-2008 10:51 AM

Old 06-08-2017, 02:10 PM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice
Default Forum Guest View: On or Off?

Hi,

As of today, I've disabled the "Guest View" for the forum.

This means if you have an account, you must log in to view threads and posts.

However, we'd like to get your opinion on this issue as well.

Vote in the poll here and drop us a comment as well if you are so inclined.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1172
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Forum Guest View: On or Off?

No more creeping in for me it seems .

Overall I think this is a good idea anyway, we need to encourage as much activity as possible around these parts.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Shiny~Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

My thoughts exactly. ...

Old 06-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #4
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6400
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

I voted against it by mistake but I think there should be certain sections visible to guest viewing such as Rules/News and updates. The rest can be left to private until they log on.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Just allow them to view the Announcements parent forum.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #6
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
Just allow them to view the Announcements parent forum.
I agree with Wolf. A completely closed forum isn't inviting to new and old members alike although we need a means of encouraging members to log in rather than simply browsing the forum as a guest.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1455
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Voted to keep it disabled, but I agree with wolf.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #8
YoureGonnaLuvMe

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough

Going with wolf. (didn't vote)

Street Fighter II
YoureGonnaLuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:48 PM   #9
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

The votes are split, roughly, but the written consensus (even in private convos) is that turning the forum off in guest view is a bad idea.

I'll implement a compromise along the lines many of you have raised.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #10
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

I've lifted the blanket restriction on guest viewing.

Custom restrictions are now in place which allow guests to view the following forums:

Quote:
Forum Rules

News and Updates

General Comments and Strategies

New Features

General

Community Greetings

Old 06-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #11
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

I voted yes to this. Why? because I think this feature would be great for those who can't view this forum (without having to log into an registered account or as a guest). I am not saying the global unban event was a bad idea, I'm saying that for those who got banned, they may never be able to view the forum (unless they plead their case to a sfo staff member). Still, I think this feature should be enabled.

My SFO Veteran History

IGNs: avatar-killers, runney, & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game Moderator of 2017
Modes: Unvind, XvssF, & Zero-E
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #12
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

The experiment failed.

Due to popular demand in this thread and in private, I've restored the forum's guest view permissions to normal.

Thank you all for your input.