SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SUGGESTION] Tweaks & Changes LuXv New Features 79 04-01-2017 07:31 PM
Characters - Bits and Tweaks SSJKarma New Features 42 04-22-2012 04:56 PM
Nash [ Charlie ] As Playable Character. _Tai New Features 40 04-23-2010 10:50 PM
{Suggestion}Ironman tweaks. blockattack New Features 21 09-21-2007 04:13 PM

Old 07-01-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice
Default Character Tweaks: Dan and Nash

No dev team or QA team can test all the bugs and issues, or find all the things that need to be tweaked with a new release.

That's where you, our loyal community, come in (as is the case for every game that's ever existed).

Please list gameplay and mechanics issues that you feel either underperform, overperform, or can otherwise be improved with tweaks.

Do not list bugs. Bugs go here.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1172
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Character Tweaks: Dan and Nash

Most times I usually just hit up John directly, but in the case of Dan his issues are as follows:

- His uppercut super is completely INVULNERABLE to anything bar...Super/Beam attribute attacks/ Spiderman Symbiote Byte, I believe it should be like ken's super where it can be stopped near the end.

- Not sure if this would count as a bug or not, but similar to Gambit Dan's Uppercut Super/ Saikyo Kick has properties where it hits airborne opponents, it causes that character to be instantly broken. (Especially in the case of his uppercut super where you pretty much get hit with a supers worth of damage for being in the air); Those properties should be removed.

Aside from those TWO things Dan is otherwise a fun, and colorful addition to the roster.

As Far as Nash Goes:
- He sucks lol (as expected though)

- He's missing his sonic break super or any move that propels him forward, so he struggles IN ALOT *Tsu Surf voice*

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)

Last edited by Shiny~Latios; 07-01-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Shiny~Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:36 PM   #3
AlphaBee

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 231
AlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enough

Dan is pretty fine. He just need some bug squash on the other hand for nash

I'd say fix his somersault ground base move. it gets stuck airborne for a short time and will cause you not to be able to move forward for a split second and I will gladly post videos later if needed. if its not to much a suggestion to add how about making that into Ryus shoruken motion depending on the variation from low-high

and as latios said I think he is missing his sonic breaker super.

Compliment by writers :O

AlphaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

So it has come to my attention that Dan's RD is MUCH too powerful atm. For a level 2 move the risk/reward is too heavy on the reward side.

My suggestion would be that it should have a brief moment to interrupt it with a super or something...THEN it should go into the pause.

Or if not, the damage on the move should be halved or even more. It has virtually ZERO drawbacks once used and does close to 50% damage AND is stackable. It should stack like:
1st stack: 25% damage
2nd stack: 40% damage
3rd stack: 55% damage
4th: 60% and so on

Yes it will take many turns for the RD to do alot of damage but that is the point! As a instant damage move it being able to pretty much one shot kill after 2 stacks (which might I add is fairly EASY to do), is the definition of broken.

Just think of how many games extend for 6+ minutes or so and how many RDs a Dan player would be able to stack in that time...

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)

Last edited by Shiny~Latios; 07-02-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

Hey, guys.

We are reading this, trust.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:46 PM   #6
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1179
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny~Latios View Post
So it has come to my attention that Dan's RD is MUCH too powerful atm. For a level 2 move the risk/reward is too heavy on the reward side.

My suggestion would be that it should have a brief moment to interrupt it with a super or something...THEN it should go into the pause.

Or if not, the damage on the move should be halved or even more. It has virtually ZERO drawbacks once used and does close to 50% damage AND is stackable. It should stack like:

Yes it will take many turns for the RD to do alot of damage but that is the point! As a instant damage move it being able to pretty much one shot kill after 2 stacks (which might I add is fairly EASY to do), is the definition of broken.

Just think of how many games extend for 6+ minutes or so and how many RDs a Dan player would be able to stack in that time...
This man quoted me.. don't worry from where or when.. but this is damn near a direct quote.

This post of gold .. live by it..

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:10 PM   #7
system4

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 114
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockattack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny~Latios View Post

This man quoted me.. don't worry from where or when.. but this is damn near a direct quote.

This post of gold .. live by it..

Sadly... TMy think otherwise as you saw...

system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:22 AM   #8
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

As noted on the front page, Dan's level 2 RD has had its damage reduced by 30%.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #9
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be Mr.Skitzo after just boasting about how good Nash is, but I have to retract that comment. He just feels...Empty. The bug update that stopped him from throwing rapid sonic booms pretty much destroyed him lol. Also the meter gain from his sonic boom is so abysmal that there is almost no point in throwing it. (as of now it takes about 25 sonic booms for Nash to get ONE meter, while in comparison Ryu only needs 7 hadoken, add on top of that that Ryu's hadoken are MUCH faster and...yeah...No contest.)

The biggest issue is that his moves don't allow him the freedom of movement pretty much every other SFO character has. For example his somersault kick (non-super) is EXTREMELY slow for being his best move bar his super, vs any opponent throwing a SINGLE somersault kick opens you up to punishment. In the fireball wars that take place in this game, he loses vs almost any other projectile character in this game, he just can't keep up.

Another issue is that his movepool is so limited, that it almost MANDATES that you use his RD, although of course to most competitive players, RDs are frowned upon.

The simplest tweak I can think of to help Nash (b/c let's admit at this point Dan is getting ALL the glory) would be to reduce the recovery frames on his somersault kick projectiles. Or perhaps increase the meter gain his sonic boom projectile accumulates (This might sound ridiculous but I think maybe something like...5 or 6 Sonic Boom = 1 meter?)

A much bigger tweak (but probably one that needs to happen regardless) is that Nash get another move, either a projectile invincible move like Ken's Dash punch, Chun Li's Spinning bird kick, Gambit's Gambit Slash, only thing I can think of is his teleport dash move from SFV. Or of course his Sonic Break or Crossfire Blitz super:
(God this site still sucks for posting video links lol, but if you go to 1:35-2:00 it shows both supers)

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)

Last edited by Shiny~Latios; 07-06-2017 at 11:58 PM.