SFO Launcher Redesigned system4 Links 12 09-16-2007 09:33 AM
{SFO Launcher} system4 New Features 48 08-16-2007 09:13 AM

Old 07-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 104
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough
Default [ SFO Web Launcher ]

As you may or didn't know, Shockwave (which was required to play the web version of SFO) was depreciated making it unable to play SFO on modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, etc.

However, there's a tool called IE Tab which emulates the Internet Explorer rendering engine which supports all those NPAPI plugins (Shockwave, Flash, Unity, Silverlight, etc.a) from back in the day.

I made the process and steps easier for "noobs" by creating an HTML5 based web page that will guide you thru the steps to playing the internet version of SFO. This same HTML5 will be going to online game sites (Newgrounds, Kongregate, Facebook) in the future. I hope this will bring some activity to this community, but for now, I would like some feedback.

You can test the Web Launcher at the link below.

http://sfocyberfuturism.sytes.net/

Known Issues:
- At the moment, Firefox remains unsupported. I will find an alternative solution for Firefox and the Web Launcher will be updated accordingly.
- There's no extra step to running the Safari/Internet Explorer version. Just click on the icon in that browser and the game will load.
- IE Tab only works on the Windows Version of Chrome and not any other OS (Mac, Linux, etc.)

If you get this message, just ignore it. You have the latest version.

Last edited by Symphonic; 07-16-2017 at 03:05 AM.
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #2
Usurp

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 160
Usurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: [ SFO Web Launcher ]

yessss thank you now i can play thru my site on my favorite browser again

*Bump*
oh i see i just updated my site with the new link and its working fine from my site

**Bump**
i just noticed how slow it is , id much rather play on my downloaded version at this point

^^Live Ranking^^
|Elite Vip, Sep 2006|1st Place Event Winner, July 2017|Elite Vip, June 2017|1st Place Tourney Winner, Aug 2017|S.F.O. Patriot, Aug 2017|Official SFO Rapper, Aug 2017|SFO Moderator, Sept 2017|Outstanding Member, Sept 2017|SFO Color Crew |*****-****** *** *******|

Last edited by Usurp; 07-15-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Usurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #3
system4

Post Thanks / Like
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usurp View Post
yessss thank you now i can play thru my site on my favorite browser again

*Bump*
oh i see i just updated my site with the new link and its working fine from my site

**Bump**
i just noticed how slow it is , id much rather play on my downloaded version at this point

How many FPS are you getting?

What are your computer specs?

I'm getting straight 40 FPS on my end..

What do you mean "your site"?

Last edited by system4; 07-15-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
Usurp

Post Thanks / Like
Usurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the rough

im not sure but i am sure when i play storymode i should not be freezing for 3 sec at a time lol
its probably because of all the extensions and add/popup blockers on my browsers

^^Live Ranking^^
|Elite Vip, Sep 2006|1st Place Event Winner, July 2017|Elite Vip, June 2017|1st Place Tourney Winner, Aug 2017|S.F.O. Patriot, Aug 2017|Official SFO Rapper, Aug 2017|SFO Moderator, Sept 2017|Outstanding Member, Sept 2017|SFO Color Crew |*****-****** *** *******|
Old 07-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
im not sure but i am sure when i play storymode i should not be freezing for 3 sec at a time lol
its probably because of all the extensions and add/popup blockers on my browsers

If you have alot of extensions running already plus low computer specs, then yes, you will most likely freeze..

Web Version is only optional anyway for those that don't want to use download. I had many people on Facebook to ask why wasn't web version working anymore and didn't want to use download version, so this is a solution for them.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
Usurp

Post Thanks / Like

ahh i see now, yeah ur right , there are alot of members that dont like to have to download things, too bad vindication dont work thru the webversion too without a download

^^Live Ranking^^
Old 07-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #7
1-hitta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2405
1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough

This is amazing, and can potentially increase activity in-game a lot if utilized the right right! Good job!

Cyber Akuma -- Brought to you by SFO Underground!

1-hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:51 PM   #8
catman20
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
catman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by system4 View Post
Quote:

If you have alot of extensions running already plus low computer specs, then yes, you will most likely freeze..

Web Version is only optional anyway for those that don't want to use download. I had many people on Facebook to ask why wasn't web version working anymore and didn't want to use download version, so this is a solution for them.
They need to stop overloading on that corn from cornhub.

catman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #9
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 764
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Mac 10.12.4
i7 2.9ghz
16 gb ram

Seirra Browser

The game glitches out, shows a lil pop up saying this version is outdated and then spazzes out into the game and settings then crashes.

It don't work for me

EDIT: seems to be working for me hol up
EDIT 2: NAH this ash don't work and its slow as hell aka freezes

Last edited by LuXv; 07-15-2017 at 03:11 PM.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:04 PM   #10
Mil_TheAngel

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
Mil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the information, system

Regards.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #11
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Mac 10.12.4
i7 2.9ghz
16 gb ram

Seirra Browser

The game glitches out, shows a lil pop up saying this version is outdated and then spazzes out into the game and settings then crashes.

It don't work for me

Yeah ignore the outdated part which I stated in the first thread. TMy said it had something to do with TotalReincarnation's app and he will see what he can do about that message tomorrow or next week.

Man, just get you a Windows computer..

Safari is a crappy browser anyway lol.

Last edited by system4; 07-15-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #12
Usurp

Post Thanks / Like

ok ever since i did this i been stuck and cant play and before then i coulnt host anymore
idk what to do now i reinstalled sfo a bunch of times and when i get thru the haze of complications
i find myself try'n to play sfo but freezing up and sometimes stalling completely
i just want it back the way it was but it looks like its too late for that

^^Live Ranking^^
Old 07-15-2017, 03:19 PM   #13
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

ok ever since i did this i been stuck and cant play and before then i coulnt host anymore
idk what to do now i reinstalled sfo a bunch of times and when i get thru the haze of complications
i find myself try'n to play sfo but freezing up and sometimes stalling completely
i just want it back the way it was but it looks like its too late for that

Go to your Control Panel and uninstall all of the Shockwave Players you can see, then you can run the download version again and it should automatically "re-install" Shockwave.

Last edited by system4; 07-15-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 764
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by system4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Mac 10.12.4
i7 2.9ghz
16 gb ram

Seirra Browser

It don't work for me

Yeah ignore the outdated part which I stated in the first thread. TMy said it had something to do with TotalReincarnation's app and he will see what he can do about that message tomorrow or next week.

Man, just get you a Windows computer..

CHILLLL, ill try it on a VM off my mac when I get back from work tonight

MAN I JUSS WANNA PLAY CYBER AKUMA!!11

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #15
Usurp

Post Thanks / Like

you the f'n man system

^^Live Ranking^^
Old 07-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #16
Bob~Marley4004
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 16
Bob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura about
Visit Bob~Marley4004's Facebook Visit Bob~Marley4004's Twitter

Ahh, I can't play now because I still have old version
Bob~Marley4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:57 PM   #17
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
TotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the rough

One reason this method will not work correctly with Sierra and has undesirable results is because it only supports use of shockwave 12+ and SFO needs either 8.5 or 10. Any other version of shockwave and you will most likely see freezing, jiitering, or even crashing of SFO.
TotalReincarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:24 PM   #18
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob~Marley4004 View Post
Give me sometime to come up with a solution, otherwise Windows is your best bet for now..
Old 07-16-2017, 02:10 AM   #19
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: [ SFO Web Launcher ]

Keep up the good work system! ~
Old 07-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #20
Usurp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob~Marley4004 View Post
now are u play'n thru the website provided or are u play'n from a different website
reason:
me myself, i have sfo on my website and i always had the only link there bring'n me to the same one
once i changed the link to the one provided by the website
http://sfocyberfuturism.sytes.net/sfo.html
i had 0 problems again and was able to play on the browser as it was automatically the updated version

now im not say'n that this was your problem, .. but im show'n u and possibly anyone else reading that has this problem, the way that i fixed mine after i struggled not understanding why it kept give'n me the 19 version with the SFX tab still there and no new characters

again once i used
http://sfocyberfuturism.sytes.net/sfo.html
instead of the older link i used to use, all was fixed

^^Live Ranking^^
Old 07-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #21
Bob~Marley4004
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 16
Bob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura about
Visit Bob~Marley4004's Facebook Visit Bob~Marley4004's Twitter

Alright buddy... thank you.
@Usurp: I'm on a mac
Old 07-17-2017, 03:28 AM   #22
Usurp

Post Thanks / Like

dang im sorry bro, well i did hear that there is either a new mac coming or just came out
idk which it is tho but i hear everything will work proper on mac maybe even better than the others
i used to use a "virtual box" back when all i had was linux and it made it so i could play sfo on windows
maybe this could work for u too

^^Live Ranking^^
Old 07-17-2017, 08:17 PM   #23
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

Great job, system.

This needs to be tested on all major browsers (including Opera, for whoever uses that), and the OP updated with which browsers will support the web application and which won't.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:05 AM   #24
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Great job, system.

This needs to be tested on all major browsers (including Opera, for whoever uses that), and the OP updated with which browsers will support the web application and which won't.

Yeah, I'll get around to it probably not Opera.. but Firefox for sure. Not every browser will be able to use the same IE Tab plugin, because it wasn't made for all browsers.

Opera has a very serious low market share, so I probably won't waste my time with it..

https://www.netmarketshare.com/brows...=2&qpcustomd=0

Last edited by system4; 07-18-2017 at 02:10 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:09 AM   #25
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

Noted, noted. Sounds good.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote