SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

Old 04-24-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
Micro_SMG

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 41
Micro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really nice
Visit Micro_SMG's Facebook
Default God Of War

This is the best game I've played this year. If you own a PS4, you need to get yourself a copy. I haven't beaten it yet but so far, its phenomenal.

Synopsis (My Version)
The Ghost of Sparta (Kratos) left his home after finally getting his revenge upon the gods of Olympus. He travels to one of the nine realms in Norse mythology called Midgard (home of the humans). He finds an amazing women there and they have a son. Kratos has aged quite a bit now. Him and his family are living a secluded life in the wilderness. His wife passes away (due to natural causes I assume). Her dying wish is to have her ashes scattered from the highest mountain in Midgard. He agrees to do this. Him and his son set out on a long journey to the mountain. Kratos takes this time to teach his son the best way he knows how. Things don't go as it should. He might've left his past behind but his name is legendary and the Gods of Norse mythology put his name to the test.

Gameplay
This installment to the series is completely different. The camera is over the shoulder and you can control where you want to look.

Button mashing is a sure way to die. You'll find yourself dodge rolling, blocking, and parrying a fair amount. Elements of the Dark Souls series make this game that much better (in my opinion).

Your son is controlled by a smart AI and he can literally get you out of a bind when things get too hard. At higher gear levels, he can even stun lock the harder enemies. He has no health bar but after a few hits, he gets stunned for a short duration.

Your main weapon is an Axe (fully customizable) that has a variation of combos. It can also be thrown like Thors hammer and return back to you.

Cutscenes utilize the same graphics as seen in-game with no loading between.

The game is linear with elements of open world.

There's lots of puzzles to be solved that reward nice gear.

If that wasn't enough to convince you to get this game then by all means, look below. Be warned though, you should experience this for yourself. It takes place at the beginning of the journey.

Micro_SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3099
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: God Of War

I LOVE THIS GAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
marvel911
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
marvel911 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been watching some gameplay of it and what I've seen thus far has impressed me. Kudos to those who made it for giving the franchise a breath of fresh air.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #4
Micro_SMG

Post Thanks / Like
Micro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really nice

Finished the game yesterday on normal and it was quite an experience. Everything comes full circle at the very last moment. It just hits you all at once.

With that said, for those who own a copy, I'll give you a little tip.

Complete all the side missions.

When you finally unlock the realm that's hard to breath in, GRIND it over and over. You'll thank yourself later. Oh yea, picture a drawing of a circle in your head and you'll never get lost. If you see a path that doesn't seem like it would make a circle then its a dead end. If you come across this dead end, TURN BACK, you're not ready lol.

After you grind that realm, you'll be set to take on the 9 (optional) hardest bosses in the game. Well maybe not the 9th one. The thing killed me 30 times and I gave up lol. I'll try again some other time to get that trophy.

Last edited by Micro_SMG; 04-26-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:22 PM   #5
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3099
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_SMG View Post
Finished the game yesterday on normal and it was quite an experience. Everything comes full circle at the very last moment. It just hits you all at once.

When you finally unlock the realm that's hard to breath in, GRIND it over and over. You'll thank yourself later. Oh yea, picture a drawing of a circle in your head and you'll never get lost. If you see a path that doesn't seem like it would make a circle then its a dead end. If you come across this dead end, TURN BACK, you're not ready lol.

After you grind that realm, you'll be set to take on the 9 (optional) hardest bosses in the game. Well maybe not the 9th one. The thing killed me 30 times and I gave up lol. I'll try again some other time to get that trophy.
I actually crossed one already lol.... left after 15 death's, attacks are too sudden to parry in time.... for now...

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:49 AM   #6
Micro_SMG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_SMG View Post

I actually crossed one already lol.... left after 15 death's, attacks are too sudden to parry in time.... for now...
I had a full set of Ivaldi's epic heavy armor from that gas realm plus all epic enchantment sockets. It shot my level up to 8 with like 305 in defense. It made the fights a bit easier because I could take a lot of hits. There are other armor sets but I'm big on defense. You''ll get the hang of it eventually. The 9th one is pretty much impossible. It's like fighting 8 bosses at once.