SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5 years.... TarkanX General Comments & Strategies 37 04-03-2010 12:45 AM
New years! Zpower General 15 12-29-2009 02:21 PM
Too Long DrunkenMasta Banners, Avatars and Images 13 12-27-2007 09:09 AM
long enough evil^vegeta Members Help Center 25 09-30-2007 09:50 PM
How long does it take to get the fvd Members Help Center 2 08-25-2006 06:57 PM

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 01:01 AM   #1
SolidSnake76
Master

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3080
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 7 long years

I'm sitting here just thinking...

and while i was previously looking through the forum's archives for incriminating evidence, i found topics that got me thinking. its amazing in alot of ways. from 2001 all up to now, 2008, this game has not seen any serious decline in activity. from the time everyone joined here, as far back as aug 7, 2001, it almost feels like we've become more than just people that come and chat online. more than just people who are associates. hell, not even friends.

more like family.

we all stuck together no matter what happens (although we constantly turn on each other), help each other out in ways our real life friends cant do, fool around in ways we wouldnt even imagine, we even educate each other in such ways with the debates and whatnot, its just amazing after 7 years. theres alot of fallen soldiers all about i do miss time to time. some i barely remember, some i knew and still know as if we met face to face. we all have lives and whatnot, i know. we gotta move on. but this community... we always come here to talk to this specific group of people. almost every day, always come here... we just do.

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
Old 06-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
SoulEdge3
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
SoulEdge3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah true....
Old 06-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #3
-X-_Con
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
-X-_Con is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice going snake, after thinking about my years here, i also like to spend time (Reflecting) about how unique this ol' place is, and the wonderful people encounterd even though it's been one hell - of a ride i believe no one can truly stay away from "Sfo" especially from 2001-2008...it would be something hard to do..i mean it has taken "7" long, not getting back years.

that's not something you can just forget over night.

"Long Live SFO."

A highly disfunctional Family (In a way) especially between the bickering and other Terrible things we do to each other, but we always find a way to pull threw (Or else )
Old 06-14-2008, 01:49 AM   #4
Omega_Cannon
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Omega_Cannon is an unknown quantity at this point

I have really grown attached to this forum (even though some of you may not want me here lol)... but still, I really think I have learned a lot from just clicking my PX forum shortcut and reading some interesting things for the past 2 years.... like for real. *Thanks Admins for not banning me so far*

Really think It's changed me a little bit (in a good way)
Old 06-14-2008, 07:28 AM   #5
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (-X-_Con @ June 14 2008,06:24)]Nice going snake, after thinking about my years here, i also like to spend time (Reflecting) about how unique this ol' place is, and the wonderful people encounterd even though it's been one hell - of a ride i believe no one can truly stay away from "Sfo" especially from 2001-2008...it would be something hard to do..i mean it has taken "7" long, not getting back years.

that's not something you can just forget over night.

"Long Live SFO."

A highly disfunctional Family (In a way) especially between the bickering and other Terrible things we do to each other, but we always find a way to pull threw (Or else )
Haha, that's so true.

Indeed, "Long Live SFO."
Old 06-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #6
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1179
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

And then we have me and orland0.
The ******* children of TMyApp... who gives us toys and not you

But.. its true...
We really are like family..
And Solid... you still sound like effin Snake from metal gear man..

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

Old 06-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (blockattack @ June 14 2008,12:34)]And then we have me and orland0.
The ******* children of TMyApp... who gives us toys and not you

But.. its true...
We really are like family..
And Solid... you still sound like effin Snake from metal gear man..
The Staff even more dysfunctional than the Members..

Old 06-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #8
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

And you know this.... mayne!!!

Need to contact blocky?

Old 06-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #9
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3080
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

we all even grew up here together.

i was 13 from day one, now im 20...

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
Old 06-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #10
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

I joined in 2001 ...
I was leaving the 8th grade.. how old was i then...

Our post count sux for like 7+ years man...
then again.. i didnt join this for awhile

Need to contact blocky?

Old 06-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #11
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 114
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

You ain't lieing..

We have our ups and downs. We , , and with each other..

You noticed how we argue too sometimes with each other.. Ehh, no matter what... Have thoughts of someone being two-faced or mean, we are still considered a family here whether you like it or not.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #12
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

I dont like it...

Need to contact blocky?

Old 06-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #13
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

man time really does fly.

i was 12 (late birthday) when i joined. now im pushing 18. met a lot of cool people. cool enough to add on msn even though mommy said to never trust strangers

but real talks, you guys aren't strangers. You guys are my second family.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Old 06-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #14
jasonthekidd11

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
jasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enough

Solid: I really hope this isn't leading up to you saying goodbye because we still need some "class 1 vets" to stick around

Yea the forum is really a family and that is really shown through events like Rot13, Rot13E System's sent event, and now TMC.
Everyone works together and helps one another to get closer to a common goal.

When we see some new members join the forum we sometimes ask "now why in the world would they say that or act like that" when if we think about it, we at some point being new had a similar attitude
Then (for the most part ) we all grew and matured and in some way or form some members begin to look to us as the older members of the community. (not saying i've been here "forever" but I think you understand what i mean)

We have wisdom from experience that they don't have, and its our job to try it with the rest of the family. Just like the old grandpa or grandma that passes down life experience to the younger generation

I remember writing a long post in a topic about how the sfo forum is a FAMILY but that topic was more about arguing so it was pretty much ignored but I'm glad that others do have that same type of mindset

7/7/7
11/11/11
Old 06-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #15
(-Impulse-)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 16
(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough

I have not been around in 01,02,03..but I had more then enough time that yea this is family but there has been time that SFO grew even more.

Clans, VIPs, Elite VIPs, UG, and GFX. Not to mention that this forum has less activity then the UG but I highly doubt the PX will die. Why? There are things that pop out of nowhere. Like TMC we did not expect anything like that until TMyApp posted it himself and there was a big discussion about it because we were trying to guess the name and what will happen. If you were to pay attention we worked as a team and gave each other hints. Now that is family.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #16
~DSA~MasterJugg
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
~DSA~MasterJugg is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit ~DSA~MasterJugg's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]you guys aren't strangers. You guys are my second family.
^Yeah that...we are a big family...full of *******s sons... o_O

Click ^
Old 06-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #17
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

<s>iwasjustasmall,tender,targetable,loveable9yearo ldthateveryonedislikedbecauseispammedlikeam
ofo.</s>

Shut up and love me.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #18
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

dysfunctional was a clan site wasn't it?

well! I guess im not in your league now am i? dysfunctional indeed!

lay off the ganja!

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Old 06-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #19
Venomous-Ninja
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Venomous-Ninja is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, I remember when I first joined. I was like the best speller.

The funny thing was, I was bout seven years younger than all of you. Still am.

A few years ago I went into this phase where I barely played the game, I just came to the forum and posted... I also remember everyone hating the fact that I only used paint for my banners. I still do.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #20
~kh2~blakknigh

Post Thanks / Like
~kh2~blakknigh is an unknown quantity at this point

i have been here for a long time just mostly on sfo but since i cant go it since im banned i hang here and post and still we are all a big family
Old 06-16-2008, 07:36 AM   #21
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SolidSnake76 @ June 14 2008,01:01)]I'm sitting here just thinking...

and while i was previously looking through the forum's archives for incriminating evidence, i found topics that got me thinking. its amazing in alot of ways. from 2001 all up to now, 2008, this game has not seen any serious decline in activity. from the time everyone joined here, as far back as aug 7, 2001, it almost feels like we've become more than just people that come and chat online. more than just people who are associates. hell, not even friends.

more like family.

we all stuck together no matter what happens (although we constantly turn on each other), help each other out in ways our real life friends cant do, fool around in ways we wouldnt even imagine, we even educate each other in such ways with the debates and whatnot, its just amazing after 7 years. theres alot of fallen soldiers all about i do miss time to time. some i barely remember, some i knew and still know as if we met face to face. we all have lives and whatnot, i know. we gotta move on. but this community... we always come here to talk to this specific group of people. almost every day, always come here... we just do.
Bout time I've seen the softer and sensitive side of you.
Heheh... Indeed. I hate to be right, but yea.. Alot of ppl that i've been talking to on msn/aim and what not, even if they dont play anymore, I met em through here. Magically.

^
Old 06-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #22
~kh2~blakknigh

Post Thanks / Like

still new people means new friends and a new family
Old 06-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #23
HoRcRuX

Post Thanks / Like
HoRcRuX is an unknown quantity at this point

woow i just realized it alrdy been 5 years O_O
i play sfo since i was 9 and now im 14
LONG LIVE SFO!!!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #24
~kh2~blakknigh

Post Thanks / Like

ya i played when i was 10 that was my fav game and still is
Old 06-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #25
pip99
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
pip99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what you mean, i randomly been checking here and there now but i havent played the game for years...still dont own a pc. Maybe one day start playing again.