SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DW Video Guide system4 General Discussion 1 12-25-2009 07:01 PM
tlf helper guide #1sakurafan General Comments & Strategies 11 12-07-2008 10:32 PM
Guide on DWX SS:Chapter 4 (-KIllA13-) General Comments & Strategies 29 09-09-2007 03:18 PM
Guide me RagingIori Banners, Avatars and Images 7 09-28-2006 07:25 PM

Old 02-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
xsouldeath
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
xsouldeath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Begineer sfo guide

my friend is a beginer to sfo who can just do hadokens with ryu this is for him really..
So, youre a begineer on streetfighteronline.com
First of, do you know your controls? Do you know what button is ‘start’.
The start button is for ‘taunting’ but in story mode it gives you level 3 and freezes the computer(allowing you to train…)
Next check out http://nosoul4evr.cyberfuturism.com
Go to characters and select the character you want to learn. MAKE SURE THIS CHARACTER IS ALREADY UNLOCKED FOR YOU. *You will see pretty much ALL the moves for the character, and a good many characters come with tutorials. You would treat each character differently, thus there are strategies for
Ryu vs. ken
Ryu vs. sentinel
Etc.

Okay, do you know how to superjump?
Press down then up, fast and you will ‘fly high’.
Better is, down up left(if youre on the right side).
You will be on the other side of youre opponent if you did this correctly. Its good for getting out of tight spots when you get cornered.

Try to learn from your losses. Assuming you can do some hadokens and hard kicks but just can’t seem to get their health down… face people that aren’t that good ranks. Get some wins, prove to yourself that youre better than some 10 year old. Once you get your wins up, you’ll have more characters to work with.

Perhaps try not to do so many tag matches, (in tag matches hard kick hard punch again and again is to tag, start is to request tag, at level 2 down forward and tag keys is double attack and down back tag keys at level 3 is variable attack where you can keep doing specials in a time limit. CURRENTLY THERE IS A TAG FLAW WHEN THERE IS TAG WITH NO HELPERS..the flaw is 1. 2 people stay in the match at once 2. the winner of the match isn’t sent properly?
Another tag move is light punch light kick simultaneously which brings out your partner for one attack.
)

Well, decide on a ‘best’ character. This character is one you should train with and make it your goal to win with no matter what. (in my case sentinel…often called ‘cheap’…don’t you do what you have to in order to win…meh..the pros can beat that anyways…or can they..) I keep strategy and “what I did wrong” in mind after each match. Try to put into words what the opponent is doing to you. For example, “using mostly aerial attacks”, or “cornering me”. Next decide what to do about it… like “countering with projectiles of your own to cancel theirs” or “superjumping to other side and hitting them “ or “blocking jump over them”. The better the people you beat, its likely you are getting better. Don’t overrely on your helpers(to call helpers is medium punch medium kick simultaneously)
Know this character very well. Personally I know ALL characters to some extent(I don’t know VIP chun li’s special, I don’t knowbisons teleporting properly…) Use whatever character and when you get like 6 wins in a row, then good job...youre on your way!

Well some basic moves/strategies for the characters
LEARN TO BLOCK ENEMIES SPECIALS>..
Spiderman (webball—same as hadoken down forward punch
Down back kick, he kicks towards you
At level 1
Websting in air… down back two punches ) *SDUI
Maximum spider, down forward two punches SAUI
Some ground move with kicks, down back two kicks SDKL
)

Cyclops
Well the ‘traditional cheapness’ move is optic flare forever…
Down forward light punch(its cheap because it cancels hadokens and is sometimes hard to get close too) a.k.a ‘optic flare’
Optic sweep (um…forward down punch…or wait down back punch? *lol..i forget)
I do optic sweep and optic flare, a good way to charge your special is cyclone kicks. Use hard punch which shoots a beam and then do cyclone kicks.

Sentinel
Beam, rocket punches…ahh figure it out..lol
For quick wins against begineers try missles jumping forward medium kick and DOWN FORWARD PUNCH(KEEP DOING ROCKET PUNCH while they are cornered)
It takes skill to master his ‘cornering tactics’ especially against the pros..

Ken
Well I come close to beating like rank 125 with him. I do RD since im a vip..
And kens are vip special..i do the down forward hard punch hadokens to chargew up my specials.

Ryu
Lets not go there. I can beat beginners with him ..

Bison
Relatively hard to use controls, so much effort …

Chun li..hardly worth the effort.

Spiderman.. effective versus sentinel if you can keep yourself in the air, do down back kick after you do a webball. If the sentinel user doesn’t block you can get them like that…but lets just say my sentinel doesn’t stay in one place…. Lol…Ive taken down a rank 2 spiderman.. lol…jin kamaza…remember your spider .. : ) ack it took my down some many times too ill admit =(

Wolverine strong specials, good at blocking..but eww …no projectiles, just melee attacks, vulnerable to raging demon..lol if you don’t know what raging demon the best way to learn is to face a VIP BISON USER.. lol… or an EVIL AKUMA USER..
Light punch light punch forward light kick hard punch =RAGING DEMON(make no mistake wolverine has no raging demon… lol. But VIP KEN(level 3) AKUMA(level 3) EVIL SAKURA(level 2) EVIL AKUMA(level 1) EVIL RYU(level 3) EVIL BISON(level 3).)

AKUMA well I seriously should check out a strategy guide for ALL the characters, but anyways….hadokens to charge up you can do a special in the air with him.
Down forward medium kick[Not sure] can get you out of melee attack.

One way to learn is to watch the pros.

xsouldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
coolkilla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
coolkilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Uhh yeah at least you tried..
coolkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #3
killerdude10
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
killerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura about
Visit killerdude10's Facebook

that pretty gud 4 a xsoul 2 write this......

killerdude10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #4
SBYRD5
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 171
SBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura about

This xsoul this was a waste of time to read.....no offense..

The only thing I agree with on that list..is that Sentinel is overall the best character...

When you write a tutorial be very serious about it...don't half ass it... *

SBYRD5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
Kill_dem_all
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Kill_dem_all is an unknown quantity at this point

you xsouls think your so hot, become official then you'll find out you not even half as good as many of you pricks are
Kill_dem_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

and you are not better then him for dissing someone because he has tryed to help someone is not any better !

true that xsoul tutorial wasn't really a tutorial... but it wasn't meant for that sbyrd5...
it was just a memo done for his friend to help him understand a fewbasics. and i think xsoul covered the necessary things already.

nice xsoul... not too detailed... but nice anyway !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
SBYRD5
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 171
SBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura about

lol that was sorta harsh comming from me...

I think it's from hanging around Bg members alot....

sorry xsoul.
SBYRD5 is offline   Reply With Quote