Beautiful Women Omg.. system4 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 88 09-21-2007 12:12 PM
Twisted Jakelynch Banners, Avatars and Images 12 04-28-2006 08:01 PM

Old 11-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
LuXv

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 764
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Album Snippets:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/mixtap...album-snippets

Album Cover: (1 of 5)
WARNING explicit, Viewer Discretion advised
Code:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/Kanye_West_My_Beautiful_Dark_Twisted_Fantasy_album_cover.png
Release Date: Nov, 22 (2010)
Track Listing
Quote:
1. "Dark Fantasy" 4:40 2. "Gorgeous" (featuring Kid Cudi & Raekwon) 5:57 3. "Power" (featuring Dwele) 4:52 4. "All of the Lights" (Interlude) 1:02 5. "All of the Lights" 4:59 6. "Monster" (featuring Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver) 6:18 7. "So Appalled" (featuring Jay-Z, Pusha T, Prynce Cy Hi, Swizz Beatz & The RZA) 6:37 8. "Devil in a New Dress" (featuring Rick Ross) 5:52 9. "Runaway" (featuring Pusha T) 9:07 10. "Hell of a Life" 5:27 11. "Blame Game" (featuring John Legend) 7:49 12. "Lost in the World" (featuring Bon Iver) 4:16 13. "Who Will Survive in America" 1:38
Quote:
When Kanye West sings about "jerk-offs thatíll never take work off," youíd best believe he means himself. Being crazy is this guyís job, and judging from the sound of his music, business is booming. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is his most maniacally inspired music yet, coasting on heroic levels of dementia, pimping on top of Mount Olympus. Yeezy goes for the grandeur of stadium rock, the all-devouring sonics of hip-hop, the erotic gloss of disco, and he goes for all of it, all the time. Nobody halfway sane could have made this album. Last time, Kanye went minimal for the electro melancholia of 808s & Heartbreak. But on Fantasy, he gets ridiculously maximal, blowing past all the rules of hip-hop and pop, even though, for the past half-decade, heís been the one inventing the rules. There are hip-hop epics, R&B ballads, alien electronics, prog-rock samples, surprise guests from Bon Iver to Fergie to Chris Rock, even a freaking Elton John piano solo. Itís his best album, but itís more than that ó itís also a rock-star manifesto for a downsizing world. At a time when we all get hectored about lowering our expectations, surrendering our attention spans, settling for less, West wants us to demand more.
Nobody else is making music this daring and weird, from the spooky space funk of "Gorgeous" to the King Crimson-biting "Power" to the paranoid staccato strings of "Monster." Nearly six minutes into "Runaway," long after the song has already sealed itself in your brain, the sound cuts out and you think itís over. Then thereís a plinking piano, the feedback of an electric guitar plugging in, some "Strawberry Fields"-style cellos and Yeezy himself singing a poignant Robert Fripp-style solo through his vocoder. Thereís no way it should work, but it keeps rolling for three more minutes without breaking the spell.
Coming off a string of much-publicized emotional meltdowns, Yeezy is taking a deeper look inside the dark corners of his twisted psyche. He has sex and romance on his mind, but he comes clean about his male angst like never before. In confessions like "Runaway" and "Blame Game," he honestly struggles to figure out why he has to be such a douchebag. Yet the songs are also his funniest ever, with Kanye showing off lethal wit on the mic: In "Dark Fantasy," he rhymes "mercy, mercy me, that Murcielago" with "diablo," "bravado" and "My chick in that new Phoebe Philo/So much head, I woke up in Sleepy Hollow."
Thereís a famous story about Queen making "Bohemian Rhapsody": Whenever the band thought the song was finished, Freddie Mercury would say, "Iíve added a few more ĎGalileosí here, dear." But nobody can out-Galileo Kanye. With Fantasy, he makes everybody else on the radio sound laughably meek, but heís also throwing down a challenge to the audience. Kanye West thinks youíre a moron if you settle for artists who donít push as hard as he does. And that means pretty much everybody.
Rating: 5 Of 5
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/re...m/45342/232350

I have herd this album, and no matter how much you or the media hates Kanye West, for the way he acts, or what he does; You can not deny he makes Beautiful music hands down, This man is a musical Genius. He always does something to amaze you with his music at least, I personally rate this album a 5 of 5, (Classic. Its just beautiful and great music. Enjoy, make sure to BUY an album and support Beautiful music in general. (If [Basically] all his album didnt leak, he would have sold 2 million Copies his first week, hands down)

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

even fans at one point will leave that artist down for another...
from what i hear about the guy and the lyrics of his songs... he's a delirious man... a man i wouldn'T follow...

i dont hate the messages, but i hate the way to say them.
pretty much all musics have their styles and seriously... his is good... but i'm not liking this style...
perfection doesn't exists. there are always something worth improoving... the next CD will probably warrant a 5/5 out of you, but this one will have lost its 5/5 because you will find certain songs boring, either because you wil have listenned to them too often or because you will have find that little mistake in it. either way that 5/5 of yours is made to change at some point.

but i can say you're a big fan of his.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

...you didn't even listen to his album. Why are you posting? That's harsh...but really man.

Anyways, I've been killin his album. I'd probably give it a 4.5/5 or 4/5 just because some of the songs are too long...like seriously too long. Like seriously he decided to sit down and be like yo amma add a few more bars to this song just because I can.

=|

With that said I can't say that the 4.5/4 score is set in stone because I haven't actually sat down and listen to all the songs in their entirety but I think that I shouldn't have to force myself to listen to a song...

No really. DO ET.
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:52 AM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Elena: it might be harsh, but its the truth... and my opinion at it. true i haven't listenned to the album... but hearing it on radio a few times was enough for me to understand that i disliked his ways. This album will not be different.

also i voice my opinion here because i like giving my opinion when its the contrary of others. to show that both ways do exists. otherwise this thread will be either full of people saying oh **** this is so great and so awesome those who dont buy it are stupid. or it will be having less then 5 people posting anything...

i do this for the sake of discussion.
you preffer the ratings, your call but i was in the impression that this was a review... and a review is usually made for two purposes, discuss the said subject and voice your opinion based on what you know and think of the subject.

harsh you say ?
i've been way harsher in my life... i simply do not like those saying the usually perfection score knowing it will change a few months later. i've seen it too often and i think it spoils the whole of your review by doing so. the only thing it prooves is the biase in your review. on the other hand i think your 4.5/5 is well thought out.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

This album looks pretty solid and somewhat original. It looks like a win. Again, as others have stated, say what you want about Kanye. He may do crazy and bizarre things from time to time and say some pretty stupid stuff over the airwaves, but he is good at his craft. I can respect a person who is good at their craft.

Oh and..

SSJKarma: Say what? Are you actually trying to turn this thread into a pseudo-psychological debate over what constitutes perfection? Talk about getting off topic. Go listen to the album.

*runs off to read more about CERN capturing anti-atoms..

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Elena: it might be harsh, but its the truth... and my opinion at it. true i haven't listenned to the album... but hearing it on radio a few times was enough for me to understand that i disliked his ways. This album will not be different.

i do this for the sake of discussion.
you preffer the ratings, your call but i was in the impression that this was a review... and a review is usually made for two purposes, discuss the said subject and voice your opinion based on what you know and think of the subject.

Ok.. then voice your opinion based on what you know and think of the subject
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 764
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Well yeah its only 13 tracks though, His albums are usually longer than 13 tracks. I agree some are long, but when your caught up in the music its just great. I love this album. This (To Me) is his best album yet, he is a very talented Music maker.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote