SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[ WWTV ] blanka09 Challenges and Tournaments 21 11-23-2011 01:04 PM
[ WWTV ] blanka09 Challenges and Tournaments 41 11-15-2011 10:28 PM
[ WWTV ] blanka09 Challenges and Tournaments 57 11-07-2011 06:24 AM
[ WWTV ] blanka09 Challenges and Tournaments 49 10-24-2011 12:15 PM
[ WWTV ] blanka09 Challenges and Tournaments 49 10-03-2011 08:36 AM

Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1168
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough
Default My Thoughts - WWTV Grand Final

K Dante (and others who may completely not care) you've been waiting for this for awhile now so here it is.

Due to the setting up needed beforehand to create the Grand Final rules, we got a 2 week break before any action were to occur. So in this time i took the opportunity to train on different characters in all different modes. My thought process was simple: Dante CANNOT beat me in a wolv match and he should be well aware of it, so from there i can masterfully pick him apart anyway I choose.

My goal was to introduce a level of play with certain characters not normally seen in top level tournaments. NK wished to assist me in my training under the claims that Dante obviously would be using wolv. Although the results werent positive at all with the chars i tried, i mostly figured it was NK's lag and Dante would not be as troublesome as this...In the end my interpretation was that we were allowed to play any character/mode under the sun so i had some really crazy ploys set up for him (Gigantism, DWX, Zero-e, Onslaught, you name it), the only thing i didnt train on ironically was unrestricted wolv.

Now the match is set...I wonder what crazy rules/bans Blanka has set up this time around I wondered. I go and see...this fool only added 2 additional games we had to play from last round and Dante gets FIRST HOST (my god dude couldnt make it win by 2 atleast =/), so it was best of 9 now instead of best of 7...im thinking to myself, he needed two weeks for that -.-.

So me and Dante meet and my strategy is the same as it was for Freeman, since he has first host ill play one/ two games today just to test the waters of how he'll play then ill devise another strategy during my off time. For those who don't know me and Dante have played countless times in the past, so the mind games that take place between us are most intense. Anyway, we start the first game and after a long time of counter picking dilemma, he finally picks...wolv as expected. "LOL what a fool he is I thought, this is going as expected", another goal of mine was going to be to dissuade him from picking wolv once he realizes he cant win that and he'll crumple from there.

I pick wolv aswell and the match begins, after about 30 sec going back n forth neither of us have thrown a super yet, so the tension frustrates me, I already know Dante plans on using fatal claw heal eventually during this match (although he said he had no intention of using it later - W/E), so I go for a fatal claw first in order to provoke him into that type of match, so he cant use it later when I might not be expecting it. The match played out much differently than i expected, he seemed to always teleport and strike me at such inconvenient times. This game was not like the restricted wolv games i was used to at all! Of course ive played unrestricted wolv before, but there was usually no real strategy to it, this however was deep, very, very deep play...and he was picking me apart!

Needless to say after a combined 50 mins between the first 2 games,Dante took them both(they were insane games). Although it hurt my ego to the core, I was forced to realize that he was actually outplaying me in a wolv game, and choose another char if I hoped to win, so for round 3 I chose Bison. What an insane fight it was although on paper bis would seem to hold an immense advantage over wolv, in play it was totally different. It came down to the wire, but i managed to pull off the match with an incredible bait that I had very meticulously planned (If you need me to explain later I will). For the fourth round Dante selects Bison, and i new i had him. My goal of making him not want wolv was successful, and outside of wolv I knew he couldn't win. The games were closer than i thought, but i did indeed end up taking the match making it 2-2.

Now the 5th game...during the break before we played, I had devised a strategy of chars that I felt would beat wolv. With that being said I wanted to experiment with some chars like I had originally intended. As Dante went back to wolv, I chose vind Akuma. Simple plan: overwhelm him and finish with RD when he's below half health. The match played exactly as I planned, and right when I felt his life was in KO range, I went for the RD but it was miscalculated! He was left with a single friggin pixel of life where he was able to heal and win the round, and the game afterwards. Although I lost, I wasnt too upset because it was planned so I could still come back and win matches with a bit of room for error.

The sixth round, a very critical must-win situation. Since we were in my host, it should be an easy win for me. Bis vs his wolv, he gets overwhelmed by Bis in my host easy-peezy. However, Dante was somehow able to over-come my onslaught and win that game. "No this can't be happening" I thought to myself, how anti-climatic and boring. It is destiny that we atleast go the maximum 9 rounds, where I win eventually due to my hardwork and dedication. I was wrong and in the final game I chose wolv, under the assumption that at this point he truly is the strongest character in the game when unrestricted. I no these other wolv games mustve been fluked, I told myself he should NOT be able to beat me in a wolv game, ive beaten him in nearly every other wolv match we had outside of this tournament.

Despite my stuggle, he won the game and became champion for a second time in a row. As much as I wanted a fairy-tale ending, it simply wasn't meant to be for some reason. Welp...thats that!

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Shiny~Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Pakistani

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 620
Pakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the rough
Visit Pakistani's YouTube
Default Re: My Thoughts - WWTV Grand Final

looooooool. For some reason I'm laughing.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani View Post
looooooool. For some reason I'm laughing.
?_? Why is dat?

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
Pakistani

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 620
Pakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the rough
Visit Pakistani's YouTube

I don't know been a while, and you post this now. Plus you're pure drama. Just thinking about you 'reading' this off makes me giggle . Nvm me im just weird
Old 11-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #5
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1648
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

seriously though... that's just taking SFO way too seriously...

mind games... pfft, just fight, if you win, then you win, if you lose, then you lose... whatever.

perfect example is RyuLord , the guy just fights, and consistantly owns practically everybody. No super tactics, no thought out plans, he just plays his game to the best of his ability and beats just about everyone.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 AM   #6
))Shadow-Ken((

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about
Visit ))Shadow-Ken(('s Facebook Visit ))Shadow-Ken(('s YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
seriously though... that's just taking SFO way too seriously...

mind games... pfft, just fight, if you win, then you win, if you lose, then you lose... whatever.

perfect example is RyuLord , the guy just fights, and consistantly owns practically everybody. No super tactics, no thought out plans, he just plays his game to the best of his ability and beats just about everyone.
agree!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
))Shadow-Ken(( is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
Xx_paki786_xX

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
Xx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura aboutXx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura aboutXx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura aboutXx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura aboutXx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura aboutXx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura aboutXx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura aboutXx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura aboutXx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura aboutXx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura aboutXx_paki786_xX has a spectacular aura about

I gotta disagree with fader on this one. Baiting, sending bad reads, keeping levels stored up to keep your opponent guessing are some the examples of the mind games which top players use to get the win.

I don't see how trying to out think your opponent its taking the game too seriously. You should be doing that in every fighting game your playing to be honest.
Xx_paki786_xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Damn bro .. I skimmed through it .. Nice read from what I caught .. But eh .. Your months late on this .. Looks as if you only posted it because of the WWT drama that everyone is attempted to bring on dante in that restriction topic karma made ... Kinda looks like your trying bump your name in the situation .. but eh ... maybe thats just me.

Well ... in anyway .. I perfectly agree with fader, My best play time is when I don't focus on ****. Lol
But eh ... Nice I guess ? ..

^
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
Juzie

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 157
Juzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the rough

Can I get a tldr please?
Juzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 170
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

I thought you said you were gonna quit when I got banned.

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1175
(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice

I felt like I was reading a storey on how your dog died or something. Never ever ever in your life tell anyone that they take SFO to serious.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
DanteP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1510
DanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura about

Imma go head and be dead ass honest......

I didn't even train for WWT V

=/ I just came on whooped ass and left

But yeah Latios you gave away WWT V the moment you did a fatal claw, I knew I didn't have to "hold back" that way I could just beat you to a pulp and not hear any bitching about it.

Year Of The Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bahki View Post
Dante is the greatest SFO player of all time. Bar none. His record speaks for itself. The **** is a "Ch ante"? ****, that be some mad wannabe ****. Do something to prove your worth before you step into his league.

Kids these days.
^ Kids Take Note Of What Uncle Bahki Says ^

DanteP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

nice read, better memory then i have considering i couldn't have remembered a thing like that.

as for no strategies involved... gotta be kidding me, this is a fighting game not a run of the mill shoot em up where you just run and kill what you see. in fighting game if you fight without adjusting your own style then you die, if you do a mistake against the pros, you're dead. thing shave to be planned out at least a little bit before and during the fight. all those who say they just come in have fun and be done with it... you're lying to yourself there.

everyone changes tactics during a fight, its whats make the fight to begin with.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #14
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like

All this info im spilling is meant to signal my soon absence from the game.

I feel ive accomplished everything i've wanted in this game, despite not winning a major tournment during SFO's golden age. I feel my skill is on par if not above, most of the G.O.A.T's who have ever played this game. Call it bragging or w/e, but im sure i've worked harder than perhaps all of them too, so I feel i'm allowed too.

Also for those who say I take SFO too serious due to my strategies w/e. I suppose, as a chess player it is only natural that im a deep strategist. I also am a student of the game, I often fancy my skills over most players because where they rely on fast computers, hacking, lag the game on purpose with videos,etc. I rely soley on training and countless repetition to achieve the skill that I have.

However that is the nature of this game, you can either spend years training to attain a masterful level of skill, or you can just get a fast net/ computer and be considered a master in minutes. Yet i feel what separates the two is that a true pro can see the differences even in how an opponent reacts to certain movements to tell if they are actually skilled or not. With me I even know that once you fall into a certain range of lag where the connection is pretty good it is an auto win for me because the skill gap between me and my opponents becomes evident.

Lololol it's funny talking like this, I remember my sig on UG from about 2/3 years ago simply read "Master the Game". LOLOLOL me and my ol' Master Yoda theory-havin ass.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)

Last edited by Shiny~Latios; 11-10-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #15
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

What your talking about is nothing more then the spirit of competition.
when things becomes a competition then things are real serious to the player.
playing for fun and playing competitively is not the same thing even though people will say that there fun is to win games or wreck their opponents. having fun is not that at all. its the art behind it. when a player become serious into kicking some asses... he become a competitive player and thats not the same kind of fun at all.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 170
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

Please don't write a long ass retirement speech when you go..

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #17
~TR~Robert
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 83
~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about
Visit ~TR~Robert's Facebook

lol he aint leaving they always come back

~TR~Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
L0kito

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 34
L0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enoughL0kito will become famous soon enough

Salutes to Dante for winning that tournament fair n square..
L0kito is offline   Reply With Quote