SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liger Killer General 10 12-17-2009 05:32 PM
Liger Zero TitaniumFist General 17 12-11-2007 03:43 PM
Another Liger Quote Wolfeh RaNdOm iNsAnItY 8 07-07-2007 11:49 PM
Liger zero vs well anyone =d Liger Zero Challenges and Tournaments 5 03-08-2007 06:26 PM
Liger zero Wolfeh General 30 08-11-2006 04:16 AM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #26
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Also if they ever did do a Last Starfighter reboot/remake It has got to have the original theme song. Cause lets face it that was one of the strong points of the original. They actors, the script, the characters, and the score were all memorable and awesome.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #27
xfaderx
 
xfaderx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Age: 39
Posts: 4,451
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1660
Rep Power: 7022
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Flight Of The Navigator deserves a remake, especially if they're doing Never Ending Story again, these were 2 iconic movies from my childhood!
__________________
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #28
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
Flight Of The Navigator deserves a remake, especially if they're doing Never Ending Story again, these were 2 iconic movies from my childhood!
I personally hated Flight Of The Navigator with a passion. Its also a long story as to why.

Also yes they are going to remake Flight Of The Navigator. They have people writing it at the moment.

I dont think a Never Ending Story remake will be good. I forsee them trying to do way too much with it. Even to the point where it will be like its aweful sequels.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #29
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

wish they'd make a Seaquest DSV movie.
somehow i loved that show.

yeah never ending story will not be good, thats ones of those movies that you see and like then know that any possible sequels are just gonna be bad, and rebooting it might not do it justice.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #30
ItachiForever
 
ItachiForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chiraq
Age: 25
Posts: 2,000
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
Rep Power: 3291
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Remakes when done right is cool. The technology allow people of this era/time to do what the people before couldn't. Though some movies should be left alone.

lmao@ 2003 Hulk movie. I use to be a huge hulk fan. I went to the movies to see it for my birth day. It tanked badly. Only got interesting at the end. >.> Though I like actors Eric Bana and Nick Nolte, and Jennifer Connelly. Eric was great in the movie troy, Nick Nolte is a legend( period. nuff said), Jennifer Connelly is just gorgeous. Good actors but it lacked that action that a Hulk movie deserves.
__________________
ItachiForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

I always find it unfortunately when people only want hulk to do what hulk is able to. I Mean what makes me likes charcaters is to actually discover things about them. Hulk smashing faces and everything is easy, but playing bruce banner is what makes the hulk who he is. Hulk wouldn't be anything without bruce. it slike those who just want wovlerine hitting with his claws and dont care for everything else. all they want is mindless bashing. sorry but im not on that bandwagon.

if characters are well developped then they deserves to be good. thats what made the 2003 hulk movie good to me, it was well developped and the scenes of hulk trying to find peace and calm again before the storm comes barging back in was just perfect. to me the only downfall of the movie, which unfortunately isn't that small, its huge... is what they made with absorbin man. first of all nick nolte was too old for the part, hes great and all, but they shouldn't have made him the bad guy and even worse they shouldn't have made him absorbin man. the mutant dogs were awesome, people dont like that scene, but i did. seeing hulk fight huge mutant dogs was just cool. all that to save the girl, isn't that what hulk do ?

overall the movie wasn'T bad and i did like bana in the role. connely might be gorgeous but loking like you are stoned and not caring about what happens on the side isn'T what makes a charcater. the betty ross i know has a lot more guts then she ever had in the movie.

and since im repeating myself there, i think i'll just stop there for hulk.

remakes being good, unfortunately when you have material for comparision, then that comparision comes in the way. exemple of me watching gone in 60 second, loving it, i thought it was a cool film, a cool and original movie. but my friend barged in telling me it was a remake of an old 60 movies. so im like dude dont burst my bubble like that. still haven't seen the original and now i fear to see it, cause i really love the new one and i dont want the original to interfere with that.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #32
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Yea Ive seen both Gone in 60 seconds films and I thought both were good. I mean there are annoying things in the new one but the actors kept me into it.

Ive been enjoying watching Hannibal(TV series). I thought it was going to be terrible so I didnt even give it a chance but I felt by the trailers they picked the perfect actor to play William Graham. I saw episode 5 and thought wow this is actually good and started watching the previous episodes.

To be honest they best anything about Hannibal was Manhunter and Silence of The Lambs. Both were great movies. Manhunter was the first film made in the 80's and starred William Petersen from CSI. Brian Cox would play Hannibal and Tom Noonan would be the Toothfairy. William Petersen played an amazing Will Graham and I felt like the actor in Hannibal portrays it the way he did.

Edward Norton would play him in Red Dragon which I felt was mostly shot for shot remake of Mahunter and well it was with just few differences. I felt Petersen was more emotional as the character. You would see the conflicts he goes through to try and catch the toothfairy. With Ed Norton he didnt seem unstable as he should have been he seemed totally in control of everything even in bizarre moments. With Peterson you could see just by the way he looks at things that he isnt in control.

Silence Of The Lambs was an amazing movie we all know but Hannibal its sequel just totally bombed and was nowhere near as good. Red Dragon would come out as its prequel film but to me didnt do as good as Manhunter did.

Mads Micholson is playing Hannibal a lot like Brain Cox I feel. I feel as if they portray them more to their book characters like Manhunter did. Not saying Anthony Hopkins wasnt iconic and amaizng just say Ive actually been enjoying the Tv Series.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #33
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Ok so a friend of mine was talking comic book films and I still say most of them arent really that good. I mean I want to like them but there is just so much off about them. I have a pretty good comic book collection of both marvel and Dc and for me lately its like DC is making the better films. Marvel has released a lot of hits but also a lot of duds where as DC seems to be taking the slow approach to their recent movies and they have mostly been hits.

I think the only film that was really rushed for DC was Green Lantern. Of course there is Catwoman but that film really didnt even feel like Catwoman it was just a movie that even Halle Berry says was just a pay check.

DC

Batman Begins - To me is still the best of the Dark Knight trillogy. It had the best writing and Liam Neeson was great in it. I felt this was more well written than the other two.

Superman Returns - Was aweful lets be honest. They casted 2 actors that looked like young teenagers rather than adults. I really felt uncomfortable through the whole film and even the story was just badly written. The CGI was at most points very cartoonish and didnt help the film at all when 90% of its film including a lot of the buildings were CGI. I can say Kevin Spacey was a good Lex Luthor.

Superman 2 The Richard Donner Cut - If you didnt know back when superman 1 was being filmed superman 2 was being filmed at the exact same time. It was going to be the first to do so however the studio was upset with Richard Donner. He finished filming about 80% of the movie when they decided to fire Richard Donner and then hired Richard Lester to finish superman 2. Lester only used about 25% of Donners original work with some reshoots of scenes. Richard Donners movie finally got a huge fan following for people wanting to see it so they cahsed in on that idea and let Richard Donner edit and finnish his version of the film. The film is really different from the original version and even has Marlon Brando as Jor El in a very emotional scene in the film. Donner dude use some of Lesters work to fill in some moments but its all fair because the best scenes in Lesters version were all Donners scenes. I suggest watching this version of the film which is on DVD.

The Dark Knight - This was a good follow up to Batman Begins. I did feel they really didnt use or execute Two Face very well in this film and that was mostly because Nolan likes a sense of realism in his films and he didnt feel a half burned man was very realistic. The Joker was amazing and in no way can be compaired with Nicholsons because they played two very different versions of the Joker.

Watchmen - After getting the directors cut of this film I felt that was more satisfying to me than the theatrical cut. I was always a fan of Watchman and to be fair this is really accurate to the Graphic Novel.

Jonah Hex - This movie was so aweful that eventually it was forgotten and by eventually I mean very very fast. The acting was terrible even by John Malkovich's standards and the writing was just so god aweful. This movie felt like no one took it serious or at least serious enough to have a small moment that was good.

Green Lantern - I know Karma loves this movie but that still doesnt stop me from not liking this film. I really dont like Ryan Reynolds as an actor and the sad thing is any comic movie he has been in was pretty terrible. This films CGI should have been amazing givin the ammount of money they spent on it alone. The writing should have been better because there were moments I really couldnt stand in the film that made me yell at the tv.

The Dark Knight Rises - Another worthy sequel to the Dark Knight trillogy. I felt they did Bane a huge justice in this film. In previous films he was a large steriod enduced walking zombie. In this film he was inteligent and strong like he should have been. There were moments that made you say "oh come on..." but overall it was a good film and the character development came full circle. Thats all you really can ask of a trillogy.

Marvel

Blade - I list this because of the other two that came after. This film was what you expected from a Blade movie and it delivered a hit because of that. I really liked Wesley Snipes in this film.

X Men - I cannot like the first X Men film. For some reason it felt really off and even the characters seemed a bit off. The story was pretty solid I guess but even then around the end of the movie I was left feeling empty. It was like there were things missing that should have been in it. I cant really explain it I still feel that way.

Blade 2 - A lot of people hate this movie but I felt it was a very worthy sequel. I liked the reapers in this film. Watching Blade just destroy vampires after killing the Vampire god in the first one would have gotten a bit stale. I liked the direction they took this and I really enjoyed the characters.

DareDevil - I dont think I should comment on this because I dont have enough time to write chapters of why this film sucks.

Spider-Man - Honestly I havent liked any of the spiderman films so I wont comment on these.

X Men 2 - For some reason I liked X Men 2. I didnt like the first film but the sequel really did deliver for me. It really felt like X Men and I wish they had kept this story going better.

Hulk - This movie though good character development just had way too many issues. I really didnt like the hulks jesus like abilitys in this movie to leap miles across the screen and practically fly. I mean honestly the Hulk was just way overpowered for me if that makes any sense. I know he is supposed to be that strong but in a film it doesnt translate well.

The Punisher - I liked the Thomas Jane Punisher. I dont completely understand the hate for it other than it does drag a lot durring the middle parts of the film. I really enjoyed the characters and the actors.

Blade Trinity - Ah yes the blade movie that barely had Blade in it. No seriously there were a lot of scenes where you think its Wesley Snipes but its his body double with CGI Snipes face. This film was doomed for 2 reasons the writing and Wesley Snipes. He refused to film much of the movie and would rather have sat in his trailor smoking weed as David Goyer and cast came out saying he did. He was constantly racist to Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel that Reynolds beat up Snipes. The scene where Blade runs on an overpass bridge and calls Whisler isnt even Wesley Snipes its his body double an someone elses voice over. The scene where Blade is running through the hallways of the police station is his body double and a voice over. there were a lot of scenes like this and Snipes is to blame for a lot of this movies failures being that he only shot half of what he was supposed to. He would later only get paid half of what he was supposed to and sued David Goyer for his full paycheck. Funny enough a few months later he would be caught for Tax Evasion. Snipes had already gained a reputation of Hard to Work with and was going into straight to DVD films before Blade Trinity and funny enough when to DVD land after Blade trinity.

Elektra - This was just aweful to the point of aweful.

Fantastic Four - This felt off from the start. The writing wasnt what I expected and some of the actors really didnt fit their characters. Chris Evans and Michael Chikless fit their characters perfectly but everything else in this movie seemed very off. In fact a lot of this movie felt targeted toward just children.

X Men The Last Stand - I dont know many people that like this movie. It took the approach MK did with its sequel and add a ton of characters with no real story going into it. In fact a lot of the story was all over the place. It was never standing still to explain anything and some characters vanish most of the movie because of scheduling conflicts. The guy who played Cyclopes wanted out because he didnt like the script and he really didnt like Halle Berry.

Ghost Rider - They had the perfect cast outside Eva Mendez but this film still did aweful. In fact I wanted to like this movie so badly but couldnt because the writing was aweful. Even the score to the film felt aweful and any love moment between Cage and Mendez felt aweful.

Fantastic Four 2 - This was a quickly forgotten film as it should have been. To make Silver Surfer a villain and then cop out around the end of the movie. This film should be bruned with gasoline.

Iron Man - In my opinnion the best comic film ever made. It had the perfect casting and the perfect writing. the Directing was also on par and everything in this film felt like Iron Man. This would be Stan Winstons last film doing special effects and its a great way to go out. This was and is my favorite comic book film.

The Incredible Hulk - I really prefered this Hulk movie over the other Hulk movie. I dislike Edward Norton though. He is a good actor but he is also one of those hard to work with actors thats pretty arrogant.

Punisher Warzone - Did this film even has a story to it? It felt like a couple of hours of just violence and no reasoning behind it. I mean at least in the comics and the previous films there were reasons.

X Men Origins Wolverine - Was so terribly written and casted. This film caused more continuety errors than the star wars prequels. This story was aweful the killing of characters off screen was terrible the CGI was the worst and Gambit was not only badly casted he was badly written. This film was all over the place in terms of story. In fact a lot of it doesnt make any sense what so ever.

Iron Man 2 - I was disapointed in this film. Not because of recasting because I do prefer Cheadle but because it was a let down. I really felt the villain in this film wasnt the strong and made no sense to me to have him as the focus villain.

Thor - Honestly never was a Thor fan and havent seen it.

X Men first Class - If youre a fan of bad writing and continuety erorrs than you will enjoy this film. It raises more questions that answers and I feel the sequel isnt really isnt going to help much.

Captain America - To be honest its better than its previous films. Though the Reb Brown Captain America is funny as hell.

Ghost Rider 2 - Terrible attempt to save a franchise with terrible writers. Again though Nic Cage is perfect for the role and thats what sucks about it. You would think with Nic Cage in your film you would get better writers.

The Avengers - This was by no means perfect as people say but it was very well written considering the ammount of characters and lead actors you had in it. I felt it was going to bomb because of that sole reason but it turned out it didnt and I really enjoyed the film. Joss Wheddons best work with his worst wort being Alien Resurretion. Im sorry but he admitted to the human alien thing and from that moment I know he is lying about fox chopping up his script because taht was the single worst thing in Alien Resurrection. Again though I love the Avengers.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #34
Rashiznit-X
 
Rashiznit-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: queens, new york
Age: 27
Posts: 1,242
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 233
Rep Power: 3224
Rashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

lol u needa get a job as a cretique and they needa give sliver surfer a movie
Rashiznit-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #35
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,894
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
Rep Power: 6328
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
Ok so a friend of mine was talking comic book films and I still say most of them arent really that good. I mean I want to like them but there is just so much off about them. I have a pretty good comic book collection of both marvel and Dc and for me lately its like DC is making the better films. Marvel has released a lot of hits but also a lot of duds where as DC seems to be taking the slow approach to their recent movies and they have mostly been hits.

I think the only film that was really rushed for DC was Green Lantern. Of course there is Catwoman but that film really didnt even feel like Catwoman it was just a movie that even Halle Berry says was just a pay check.

DC

Batman Begins - To me is still the best of the Dark Knight trillogy. It had the best writing and Liam Neeson was great in it. I felt this was more well written than the other two.

Superman Returns - Was aweful lets be honest. They casted 2 actors that looked like young teenagers rather than adults. I really felt uncomfortable through the whole film and even the story was just badly written. The CGI was at most points very cartoonish and didnt help the film at all when 90% of its film including a lot of the buildings were CGI. I can say Kevin Spacey was a good Lex Luthor.

Superman 2 The Richard Donner Cut - If you didnt know back when superman 1 was being filmed superman 2 was being filmed at the exact same time. It was going to be the first to do so however the studio was upset with Richard Donner. He finished filming about 80% of the movie when they decided to fire Richard Donner and then hired Richard Lester to finish superman 2. Lester only used about 25% of Donners original work with some reshoots of scenes. Richard Donners movie finally got a huge fan following for people wanting to see it so they cahsed in on that idea and let Richard Donner edit and finnish his version of the film. The film is really different from the original version and even has Marlon Brando as Jor El in a very emotional scene in the film. Donner dude use some of Lesters work to fill in some moments but its all fair because the best scenes in Lesters version were all Donners scenes. I suggest watching this version of the film which is on DVD.

The Dark Knight - This was a good follow up to Batman Begins. I did feel they really didnt use or execute Two Face very well in this film and that was mostly because Nolan likes a sense of realism in his films and he didnt feel a half burned man was very realistic. The Joker was amazing and in no way can be compaired with Nicholsons because they played two very different versions of the Joker.

Watchmen - After getting the directors cut of this film I felt that was more satisfying to me than the theatrical cut. I was always a fan of Watchman and to be fair this is really accurate to the Graphic Novel.

Jonah Hex - This movie was so aweful that eventually it was forgotten and by eventually I mean very very fast. The acting was terrible even by John Malkovich's standards and the writing was just so god aweful. This movie felt like no one took it serious or at least serious enough to have a small moment that was good.

Green Lantern - I know Karma loves this movie but that still doesnt stop me from not liking this film. I really dont like Ryan Reynolds as an actor and the sad thing is any comic movie he has been in was pretty terrible. This films CGI should have been amazing givin the ammount of money they spent on it alone. The writing should have been better because there were moments I really couldnt stand in the film that made me yell at the tv.

The Dark Knight Rises - Another worthy sequel to the Dark Knight trillogy. I felt they did Bane a huge justice in this film. In previous films he was a large steriod enduced walking zombie. In this film he was inteligent and strong like he should have been. There were moments that made you say "oh come on..." but overall it was a good film and the character development came full circle. Thats all you really can ask of a trillogy.

Marvel

Blade - I list this because of the other two that came after. This film was what you expected from a Blade movie and it delivered a hit because of that. I really liked Wesley Snipes in this film.

X Men - I cannot like the first X Men film. For some reason it felt really off and even the characters seemed a bit off. The story was pretty solid I guess but even then around the end of the movie I was left feeling empty. It was like there were things missing that should have been in it. I cant really explain it I still feel that way.

Blade 2 - A lot of people hate this movie but I felt it was a very worthy sequel. I liked the reapers in this film. Watching Blade just destroy vampires after killing the Vampire god in the first one would have gotten a bit stale. I liked the direction they took this and I really enjoyed the characters.

DareDevil - I dont think I should comment on this because I dont have enough time to write chapters of why this film sucks.

Spider-Man - Honestly I havent liked any of the spiderman films so I wont comment on these.

X Men 2 - For some reason I liked X Men 2. I didnt like the first film but the sequel really did deliver for me. It really felt like X Men and I wish they had kept this story going better.

Hulk - This movie though good character development just had way too many issues. I really didnt like the hulks jesus like abilitys in this movie to leap miles across the screen and practically fly. I mean honestly the Hulk was just way overpowered for me if that makes any sense. I know he is supposed to be that strong but in a film it doesnt translate well.

The Punisher - I liked the Thomas Jane Punisher. I dont completely understand the hate for it other than it does drag a lot durring the middle parts of the film. I really enjoyed the characters and the actors.

Blade Trinity - Ah yes the blade movie that barely had Blade in it. No seriously there were a lot of scenes where you think its Wesley Snipes but its his body double with CGI Snipes face. This film was doomed for 2 reasons the writing and Wesley Snipes. He refused to film much of the movie and would rather have sat in his trailor smoking weed as David Goyer and cast came out saying he did. He was constantly racist to Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel that Reynolds beat up Snipes. The scene where Blade runs on an overpass bridge and calls Whisler isnt even Wesley Snipes its his body double an someone elses voice over. The scene where Blade is running through the hallways of the police station is his body double and a voice over. there were a lot of scenes like this and Snipes is to blame for a lot of this movies failures being that he only shot half of what he was supposed to. He would later only get paid half of what he was supposed to and sued David Goyer for his full paycheck. Funny enough a few months later he would be caught for Tax Evasion. Snipes had already gained a reputation of Hard to Work with and was going into straight to DVD films before Blade Trinity and funny enough when to DVD land after Blade trinity.

Elektra - This was just aweful to the point of aweful.

Fantastic Four - This felt off from the start. The writing wasnt what I expected and some of the actors really didnt fit their characters. Chris Evans and Michael Chikless fit their characters perfectly but everything else in this movie seemed very off. In fact a lot of this movie felt targeted toward just children.

X Men The Last Stand - I dont know many people that like this movie. It took the approach MK did with its sequel and add a ton of characters with no real story going into it. In fact a lot of the story was all over the place. It was never standing still to explain anything and some characters vanish most of the movie because of scheduling conflicts. The guy who played Cyclopes wanted out because he didnt like the script and he really didnt like Halle Berry.

Ghost Rider - They had the perfect cast outside Eva Mendez but this film still did aweful. In fact I wanted to like this movie so badly but couldnt because the writing was aweful. Even the score to the film felt aweful and any love moment between Cage and Mendez felt aweful.

Fantastic Four 2 - This was a quickly forgotten film as it should have been. To make Silver Surfer a villain and then cop out around the end of the movie. This film should be bruned with gasoline.

Iron Man - In my opinnion the best comic film ever made. It had the perfect casting and the perfect writing. the Directing was also on par and everything in this film felt like Iron Man. This would be Stan Winstons last film doing special effects and its a great way to go out. This was and is my favorite comic book film.

The Incredible Hulk - I really prefered this Hulk movie over the other Hulk movie. I dislike Edward Norton though. He is a good actor but he is also one of those hard to work with actors thats pretty arrogant.

Punisher Warzone - Did this film even has a story to it? It felt like a couple of hours of just violence and no reasoning behind it. I mean at least in the comics and the previous films there were reasons.

X Men Origins Wolverine - Was so terribly written and casted. This film caused more continuety errors than the star wars prequels. This story was aweful the killing of characters off screen was terrible the CGI was the worst and Gambit was not only badly casted he was badly written. This film was all over the place in terms of story. In fact a lot of it doesnt make any sense what so ever.

Iron Man 2 - I was disapointed in this film. Not because of recasting because I do prefer Cheadle but because it was a let down. I really felt the villain in this film wasnt the strong and made no sense to me to have him as the focus villain.

Thor - Honestly never was a Thor fan and havent seen it.

X Men first Class - If youre a fan of bad writing and continuety erorrs than you will enjoy this film. It raises more questions that answers and I feel the sequel isnt really isnt going to help much.

Captain America - To be honest its better than its previous films. Though the Reb Brown Captain America is funny as hell.

Ghost Rider 2 - Terrible attempt to save a franchise with terrible writers. Again though Nic Cage is perfect for the role and thats what sucks about it. You would think with Nic Cage in your film you would get better writers.

The Avengers - This was by no means perfect as people say but it was very well written considering the ammount of characters and lead actors you had in it. I felt it was going to bomb because of that sole reason but it turned out it didnt and I really enjoyed the film. Joss Wheddons best work with his worst wort being Alien Resurretion. Im sorry but he admitted to the human alien thing and from that moment I know he is lying about fox chopping up his script because taht was the single worst thing in Alien Resurrection. Again though I love the Avengers.
all i can say, when it comes to direct-to-dvd animated films, DC owns Marvel by a landslide
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #36
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Not even close... you just love DC more then marvel.
cause there are a hell of a lot of movies DC failed badly.
also you seem to know only the recent marvel and DC ones.

and from what i can say until the last Trailer, that superman movie coming up didn't appealed me. sorry but if superman ever go realistic, it just wont cut it. on the contrary to marvel who at least tries to stay in their universe. DC likes to create multi verse where everything is possible and the moves can change entirely from batman to catwomen in bat suits and it still would be considered fitting in.

the catwoman was horrible in all sens of the way and it is a DC movie...
the batman 60ies show was a joke.

in reality DC do not takes its time to make movies... in reality they just want to race marvel on so many points, but it seems they dont have the cash to follow up. proof marvel released like two times the number of films the DC verse showed. and thanks to disney marvel can now create that universe they wanted on film. thanks to avengers making it a possiblity.

if you wanna compare movies, compare the animated ones instead.
These are much more comparable.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #37
Rashiznit-X
 
Rashiznit-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: queens, new york
Age: 27
Posts: 1,242
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 233
Rep Power: 3224
Rashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

liger wat do u think about death race 1-3 ?
Rashiznit-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #38
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Not even close... you just love DC more then marvel.
cause there are a hell of a lot of movies DC failed badly.
also you seem to know only the recent marvel and DC ones.

and from what i can say until the last Trailer, that superman movie coming up didn't appealed me. sorry but if superman ever go realistic, it just wont cut it. on the contrary to marvel who at least tries to stay in their universe. DC likes to create multi verse where everything is possible and the moves can change entirely from batman to catwomen in bat suits and it still would be considered fitting in.

the catwoman was horrible in all sens of the way and it is a DC movie...
the batman 60ies show was a joke.

in reality DC do not takes its time to make movies... in reality they just want to race marvel on so many points, but it seems they dont have the cash to follow up. proof marvel released like two times the number of films the DC verse showed. and thanks to disney marvel can now create that universe they wanted on film. thanks to avengers making it a possiblity.

if you wanna compare movies, compare the animated ones instead.
These are much more comparable.

I did say in my post "recently" DC has been taking its time with movies. Hense why there are such few DC movies recently compaired to the crap ton of movies Marvel thrusted out. So that was why I listed the recent movies. If I talked about older movies both companys fail badly at movies.

Also Im actually more of a Marvel fan which my comic collection shows. Which is probably why I dislike a lot of the marvel movies because they're not living up to the comics.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #39
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

and my answer to that, is that marvel didn't pump out movies like mad until after disney bought them. so my claim stays.. if DC had the money lie marvel do right now... they'd be pumping out movies to rival Marvel, cause right now thats what they are trying to do. trying to push for justice league as fast as they can, but they are getting lots of road bumps along the way. and thats why it takes so much more time.

the first problem is that they cannot make their movies stick into a single world.
none of the franchise that they had wants to go the justice league road. hence why the next batman is again, rebooted for the franchise to take on the justice league road. the new superman was delayed for many reasons, including the fact that they wanna put him into the justice league roster with that actor.

much of what DC makes right now is to get back at marvel from being the first to get Avengers out. but again, marvel only suceeded because of the sudden money flow. give that to DC as well... i can swear to whoever you want that they will also flood the market.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #40
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Actually disney is down to releasing 2 marvel movies a year. Before Disney bought it Marvel was having movies released out the wood work like crazy. Disney bought Marvel in 2009 and thats when we saw the releases get towned down.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #41
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,894
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
Rep Power: 6328
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
Jonah Hex - This movie was so aweful that eventually it was forgotten and by eventually I mean very very fast. The acting was terrible even by John Malkovich's standards and the writing was just so god aweful. This movie felt like no one took it serious or at least serious enough to have a small moment that was good.



the late great Tony DeZuniga, co-creator of the Jonah Hex (DC) character

the Punisher artpiece he was holding was actually mine...

it was during this event (that i took with my cellphone) that i learned a Jonah Hex film was in the works
i asked who the actor was and he was having trouble recalling his name, but he informed me its Josh Brolin, i was like eh? who's he? lol

then Tony's wife said, Megan Fox would also be in the film, i was like, oh, that one i know! lolz


Last edited by bloodpack; 04-29-2013 at 10:38 PM.
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #42
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post



the late great Tony DeZuniga, co-creator of the Jonah Hex (DC) character

the Punisher artpiece he was holding was actually mine...

it was during this event (that i took with my cellphone) that i learned a Jonah Hex film was in the works
i asked who the actor was and he was having trouble recalling his name, but he informed me its Josh Brolin, i was like eh? who's he? lol

then Tony's wife said, Megan Fox would also be in the film, i was like, oh, that one i know! lolz

Megan Fox brings any movie down. No seriously she is an awefuly bad actress. She has even addmitted she never took acting lessons because she is a "Natural Talent" she says. Yet her acting is flat and stale in every role she does outside of looking pretty. Her southern accent was terrbile. I mean seriously I live in the south and Ive never heard anyone with an accent like that. Yet she claims she stayed in texas to learn a southern accent. Which to that I have to say my ass cause it sounds more like Quint from Jaws scratching on the chalk board.

Also looking up her IMDB she is from Tennessee so how in the holy hell does she not know how to do a southern accent? and why did she need to stay in Texas to learn one? is she that slow? I mean what in the world.....this is going to make me rant and I just got home.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U

Last edited by Liger Zero; 04-29-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #43
DwAyN3
VIP
 
DwAyN3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 2,398
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
Rep Power: 4603
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Drive (2011) my Fav movie of all time
Prometheus
Scott pilgrim vs the world
Predator
Aliens

what do you think of the movie The girl with the dragon tattoo
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #44
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Never got around to seeing The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Though Prometheus I have tons of problems with and will probably post a review of it at some point.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #45
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,894
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
Rep Power: 6328
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwAyN3 View Post
Drive (2011) my Fav movie of all time
Prometheus
Scott pilgrim vs the world
Predator
Aliens

what do you think of the movie The girl with the dragon tattoo
the original swedish film version
or
the copycat daniel craig film version?
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #46
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Technically its not a copycat its just an American version of the film. Like we do with a ton and I mean a ton of Japanese films we make American versions of it. Then you get the ones we westernize like Seven Samurai to Magnificent Seven.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #47
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,894
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
Rep Power: 6328
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

i just dont understand why these (as you said) "tons" of japanese and/or other nation's films HAVE to be westernized(?)

some would argue it, "for the sake of expanding the marketability of a certain film" that it had to be westernized

i mean, the Swedish version of The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo was successful enough to warrant exposure/distrubution to the global market

theres this just a feeling that Hollywood is so egocentric that they HAVE to be the "first" in everything when introducing an unknown franchise and doesnt want to be overtaken by another competition

heck, another one good example is the universally famous, granddaddy of all super robots, Voltes V

they westernized it to create the mighty morphin' Power Rangers
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #48
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Some of the Japanese films are classics even here yet were westernized anyway. Godzilla would be the greatest example of that. The Grudge and The Ring would be westernized after already being successful horrors.

I mean seriously when it comes to horror movies recently most are just westernized japanese horrors.

The Grudge
The Ring
Dark Water
Pulse
One Missed Call
Dont Look Up (I dont even think it got a box office release here in the us after being westernized.)

Thats just to name a few off the top of my head.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #49
DwAyN3
VIP
 
DwAyN3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 2,398
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
Rep Power: 4603
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

what problems did you have with prometheus
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #50
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,340
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Rep Power: 6708
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Where to begin

SPOILER ALERT for anyone who hasnt seen Prometheus.

I really dont remember a movie in recent years I was more excited for other than Star Wars prequels. Even the Star Wars Prequels were awefuley written. My love for this series made me very hyped to see it being as its in the Alien Universe and does serve as a preqeul. I remember being for excited for this than Avengers.

I get the arguement of people literally trying to convince me its not apart of the Alien movies but the fact of the matter is it has Bishop Weyland a character from Aliens. It has the Space Jockey though they try to avoid calling them that and say their Engineers but they're freakin Space Jockeys. It has a Giant Face Hugger that people argue saying its nto a face hugger becuase it has tenticals......People are stupid for arguing that its a giant face hugger. A Xenomorph though flamboyant comes out of the Space Jockey so yets its a freakin prequel to aliens.

The film looks amazing I mean the special effects were just outstanding and I was like this is a beautiful looking film. Then the problem with the movie starts.....people start talking. I realized from the beginning that this is a B movie made up to look like an A movie. Thats how bad it was written infact people laughed in the theater a lot of the time and its supposed to be a serious movie. I my self started laughing until it just went on and on and on and on and then I just got pissed off at some point.

The Characters are all unbelievably terrible. David is the only relatable character and he is the android. The scientists and crew members on this ship are so stupid you just want to see them all die for being so stupid. I mean they are unbelievably silly in this film.

Lets get it straight I really really wanted to like this movie. But to me its written so badly its insulting.

Here is the first problem and it becomes a huge problem. They have a tillion dollar ship called prometheus with 17 people. 17 people to make first contact with a possible Alien race and you didnt send a diplomate, You didnt send any guards or trained millitary personel of any kind. No its all scientists. I get that its a scientific expedition but to have no saftey fall back what so ever. No qualified person to make first contact if this problem arises. No security or emergancy call back to earth incase problems arise....and they do. You imediately see this expedition is doomed from the start.

There is a thing in movies called suspending your disbelief but then theres this would never happen. There is science fiction and then there is science BS.

Now there was a briefing scene with Bishop in a holygram which is technology never seen before in any of the other films. He is wearing probably the worst make up Ive ever seen in my life. I mean its like monty python scetch bad. This movie I said earlier is beautiful but appearently they forgot to hire a proper makeup crew because its awefuly fake looking and laughable. Why didnt they just get Lance Henrickson to play older Bishop?

Anyway back to the briefing they give their presintation. Showing all the findings and stuff saying "This proves that there were aliens here and that they created us" and one guy goes "how do you know any of this? do you have any facts to back any of this up". This by the way is 1 of a few times they actually sound like scientists. Its a very legit question do they have any facts?

She lets out the dumbest response I think in movie history that literally insulted me. The movie insulted me. She says "Because I choose to believe it".......which was brought up earlier when she sees someone being carried off and she goes where do you go when you die. The moment this movie started doing this it was a very cheesey written science vs religion movie. No person in their right mind would ever and I mean ever give a trillion dollar expedition to some alien planet just because some moron choose to "BELIEVE IT"

Worst scientist ever.....this isnt how science works.....what she did was jumping to a conclusion or a completely unsupported hypothosis.

Anyway later they discover the atmosphere is breathable and idiot numer....I lost count already decides he wants to take off his helment. They try to stop him by saying you dont know what else is in the air. His replys "Dont be a skeptic" and takes off his helmet......its called being a scientist you moron any scientist would know there could be anything in the air. From some kind of gas to tiny particals of rock that could rip your lungs apart but no lets not be skeptics.....idiot!

Sure enough later this dude dies of an infection.

Again though there are 17 crew members of which you get to know a hanful of. You know the rest are expendable and will die in either really stupid ways or one big anti climatic way.

They had this weird issue with who was actually captain. You had the main captain played by Idris Elba. Then you got two scientists who bishop says as far as the mission is concerned their in charge. Then you got Charlize Theron who comes in and is pretty much in charge herself being she is an authority figure and beats her chest me in charge. So by this point you never know who is in charge and give up trying to figure it out.

Because you got The Captain but then you got the 2 scientists who were put in charge and then you got Charlize Theron who is also in charge......screw it. It never comes back into play later in the film.

They find the large chamber and find one of the dead engineers. Two dudes freak out and they are pretty much like were out of here. Then you got the chamber filled with canisters that are very similar to the alien eggs which was done on purpose. Imediately they start screwing with them. Also a large head I forgot to mention and comes into play later then is forgotten.

They say dont touch anything so imediately David decides to rub his fists on it. Goo starts coming out of it and he is all like oooooo look at this.

The captain calls in and says there is a storm coming in with all kinds of crud in it so they leave with the large alien head. This is a another main problem with this movie. As soon as they get back to saftey of the two guys who booked it earlier and guess where they are? thats right they are still in the facility. They are still in there and they're lost. About 10 minutes earlier in the film they throw two balls that map the entire area.

He has a map on his arm so how on earth did they get lost? I get a lot of arguements about this they are like there was a lightning storm that messed with their thing. How is it that the others didnt have the same issues and or ran into the ones who got lost in a storm that hadnt actually got there when they left. That makes no sense at all and this film again insults me.

So they're like were lost we are scared. So this is where it gets funny they decide to hide in the area that scared them in the first place. Then they decide to get high....yes they decide to get high. There is active flowing goo now inside that room. It Gets dumber.....a snake comes through the water looking like a giant ***** and is sticking out of the water.

Now keep in mind these are the same dudes who freaked out about dead aliens. He sees this live and decides to go over to it and is like its beautiful. He gets right in front of it and it hisses at him. I dont know how stupid you have to be but when something hisses you thats the universal language for get the hell away from me. The other dude is like lets get out of here and he is like no man I got this and Im think yea you got this.

He reaches out to touch it and it latches on to him breaking his arm Steven Seagal style. It goes into his suit the other guy trys cutting it off and gets acid sprayed in the face. He goes face first in the alien goo which kills him and the alien thing goes into his mouth killign the other idiot.

So much stupid has happened I know I missed something. Anyway they scan the alien head which says no contaminants but the scientists are too stupid to think they need eye protection or any other kind of protection. They say another dumb thing by saying maybe we can make it talk by shooting electrodes into it. The pull out a futuristic car battery and hook it up. There is this black pulsating goo stuff on the top of its head and like really no contaminants? screw you movie.

So they hook it up. The alien head starts freaking out and its head starts pulsing and black stuff is pouring out of its head so they're like 40 amps and it freaks out even more. So they pull it out its still freaking out and they put it under glass. The head explodes and everyone in the theater is laughing again.

Not very good scientists....you get 1 alien head and manage to blow it up?

They decide to put its dna against our dna and somehow its 100% match? how on earth does something match our dna 100% mind you and look like 50 foot albinos?.....whatever Im already confused.

We cut to another stupid scientist who is bummed out about not being able to talk to an alien. Now mind you he helped make one of the greatest scientific discoverys ever that will be talked about for centuries to come yet he is bummed out about not talking to one?.....ok

So David infects the idiot with vodka laced with alien goo just because he wants to see what happens. So he goes off to have sex with Noomi Rapace. The storm passes and they go off to look for the guys who got killed. BTW still not carrying any weapons.

Also a little before this the male scientist guy who I cant remember the name of so screw it. Looks in the mirror and it trys to do a jump scare with this worm thing jumping out of his eye and he is like ahhhh. yet bothers not to tell anyone about it that could possibly save him?.....thats a stretch.

So yea the male scientist in back in the chamber and looks like hell and he like stumbles over and his eyes are all red and alien stuff. Are you sick? no no im good and shortly afterwords he falls over and all alien veins and stuff so they go back to the ship and Charlize Theron is like die bitch and sets him on fire with a flame thrower.

We are supposed to feel bad I think but no one in the theater cared. So they kill the guy and everyones in decontamination and David finds she is pregnant and three months pregnant and is all like thats not possible. So he knocks her out and like were gonna take care of you and she has like super alien strength now and starts running through the ship.

She goes to the medical sweet in Charlize Therons room from earlier. Its a very high tech and advanced surgical sweet. She starts mashing on the pad and is like I want a sicarian and the surgical unit goes were sorry this medical unit only has the male anatomy.....ughhhh wait its Charlize Therons room and it only has the male anatomy....***** SHE IS A MAN!!!!!

^^this never comes up later.

Anyway the thing cuts the alien out of her in whats one of the most funny scenes in this movie where everyone is dying of laughter by this point. It pulls the squid thing out of her and she just calmly rips her uterus out like its a coat tag. It then staples her stomach up and for whatever reason it never gave her morphine and so she screams in pain but its just so unbelievable its funny.

I also find it funny advanced computer technology doesnt have anything on the female anatomy here? its a computer why limmit it? geeze.

She runs out of the room with no one questioning her on where he pregnancy went. I mean seriously everyone knew and no one says anything about it? wth did they all get drunk and forget? plus its amazing she is even running around on the ship with massive blood lost and ripping her uterus out.

Mr Weyland is on the ship and no one knew about this. Again he looks silly and no one helps her up or give her medical care. Mr Weyland was like the reason I came here is because im dying and I wanna talk to my creator before I die which doesnt make sense cause he is alive in Alien 3. Which even alien 3 doesnt make sense cause Weyland was alive back in alien 1 and it was 57 years later in Aliens. Flips off Alien 3*

She just takes a shot and I guess she is fine. though she is running around with massive abdominal pain not to mention internal bleeding. But no I guess she is fine....she pops painkillers like crazy and doesnt act stoned at all.....yea out Ive been on painkillers and you don act or feel normal at all.

Anyway they see the space jockey and they have David talk to it. So he probably say the universal screw you and so in response it rips davids head off and proceeds to cluster kill the rest of the scientists. Im like wow this is really anti climatic.

Somehow the really stoned and probably in terrible pain woman is walking around and manages to run away from it.

Also I forgot that the scientists go out to examine the charred body of the infected dude from earlier. They open the door and hear a noise. Its looking right at them but curled up in a ball looking at him. so the one scientist does the dumbest thing ever and nudges it with his foot like a dunce and the alien dude leaps up and punches his fist through his head. The other dudes come out with guns and it kills all of them and they set it on fire and run over it with a truck.

Again every move these guys make is stupid.

Anyway the Jockey gets in the ship and it starts to take off and Idris Elba is like Ill stop it so he flys the ship into it. He doesnt set the auto pilot to do it oh know cause its not like that doesnt exsist even in our time.

Now Charlize Theron instead of going into her room with the seperate life support system and every living convinience possilbe goes to a life boat instead. Now why did she not go to her room which she specificly had made for her in an event something happens and instead goes to a life boat. Which crashes into the alien atmosphere......ok then randomly her room pops open from the ship to tell you oh that things going to be in the climax.

We know there is an alien in the life boat but Charlize character doesnt know that.....

She pops out of the escape pod and the space ship falls on her cause she was a moron to run the long way from the ship. It would be comical but by this point im just pissed off.

The only reason for the escape pod was to confuse us cause it makes zero sense.

This is where we get stupid the only survivor is the main doctor. David get son the radio even though he is juts a head now cause he is an android. The sex tentical beast is in the room and the jockey comes in cause appearently he lived from the crash. David warns her that its coming for "You" which im like why?.

It attaches itself to the jockey and impregnates him. It gives birth to the alien though its flamboyant.

David says there are other ships in the area I can patch in and fly one to get back to earth which raises the question why didnt they detect these ships earlier or mention them at all?

He sees the cross she always has on through the movie and david asks her if she still believes even after all this which she replys "damn straight I Do" and this was the point I wanted to get up and say screw you.

I know they were trying to do a religion vs science argument which they never really get to in the movie or contribute to in the movie at all. Its just all science and its never about religion as her faith in no way is ever rewarded at all in this movie. She doesnt get saved by her faith or a hand of god etc its just all about science. There is no way this fits in.

This is a movie that trys to be way smarter than it actually is.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump



Bookmarks

Tags
liger, movies, talk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Navbar with Avatar by Kolbi