SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
who u going for this nfl season bossmoney305 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 15 08-17-2008 10:26 PM
Basketball Season roland700 General 73 11-08-2007 06:53 PM
Boondocks New Season Evil_Ryu8 General 7 09-02-2007 11:27 AM
Tis the season... Master_Jay RaNdOm iNsAnItY 8 12-25-2006 09:53 AM
Dexter !(~REVENGE~)! Banners, Avatars and Images 17 10-29-2006 11:42 AM

Old 09-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Dexter - Final Season... *cries*

What kind of ending was that ?
i mean seriously... i had started to think it would end with happyness for our favorite killer. yet it ends up pretty bad. how the hell can they make an ending that does both happy ending and sad ending all together.

I highly suggest you go check it out for yourselves if you are fans. seriously Dexter has came to an end sunday night. and the final was just breath taking. I literally cried ! up to the very last episode they had this train of thought going and int he very last episode they undid everything they had done up to that point. really one of the crazyest ending i've seen in TV shows.

I'm just saying this much...
This series will be missed now. but i'm glad its over before it become pale and without colors.
it had the greatest run of a show. we had everything going and they stopped right on time. the evolution of the characters complete.

stopping there, just talking about it makes me cry again...
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #2
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY
Default Re: Dexter - Final Season... *cries*

Greatest run? The show became terrible after season 4.

I stopped watching by season 6.

and I heard the series finale was terrible.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Season 6 was not the best, but you missed out on a greats eason 7 and 8.
both of which includes debs knowing dexter is the bay harbor butcher.

as for those who told you the final was stupid.. thats because they wanted dexter to last 10 more seasons.

but, opinions are opinions...
notice how i said that if you were a fan you'd be shocked.
if you are not then this message in its entirety wasn't for you.

*** SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW ***

Dexter finally ditched his dark passenger, his need to kill is finally gone for good. unfortunately so is dexter morgan. in order to live a normal life, he had to get rid of everything that made him dexter. In order for his loved one to get a life, he'd have to disappear from theirs. and thus he attempts suicide after the death of his sister. suicide failed... he now lives a regular life of work. but life has no meaning for him anymore. he wanted emotions, after getting them, he wanted to get rid of them. now everything has no meanings. not even his normal life he ever wanted. he lost everything... Doakes was right all along... his past would always come back to him, the cancer always winning more and more each days until nothing would remain. and thats exactly what hapenned.

Dexter Morgan is no more.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 09-24-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Spoiler:

He didn't attempt suicide, he faked his death
Old 09-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Masterbob, even him couldn'T predict how far jumping into a typhoon in the middle of the ocean could of gotten. of all those seasons if there is one thing we understood from him, its that he never had any controls to begin with. it was merely an illusion. when Deb died, he lost the only thing keeping him going. he did exactly what deb did, he has hit rock bottom. and thats when people thinks of suicide.

faked his death to choose hell instead... he'd have chosen death anyday instead of the hell he is now. her sister told him she couldn'T live without him, and unfortunately he wouldn'T either. thats the message i got there and thats the message he got into us for the last 8 seasons. She Died, he Died along with her. his tears when he drops the body are also a proof that he wasn'T thinking straight when he drove into the typhoon.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

The producers of the show disagree with you

Before the season started, you said the core idea behind this finale has been in the works for years. What was the original concept?
BUCK: The kernel idea were the last few scenes. They were what I pitched a few years ago. The main idea was Dexter is forced to kill Debra. And there are many ways that could happen. But those final scenes were pretty much unchanged.
SARA COLLETON: From the very beginning the paradox was here’s a guy who doesn’t feel he’s a human being, who has to fake it. But in faking it, he’s a better brother, boyfriend, colleague that most real people. People think of him as a monster, but he yearns to be human. We’ve seen him go forward on this journey every year. Now we found out what the final price was. What sums up the entire journey was the scene on balcony of his apartment before going on the boat to put Deb down — that’s horrible to say aloud. The voiceover: “For so long all I wanted was to feel like other people … now that I do just want it to stop.” It’s the horrible awareness of what it was to be a human being and how overwhelming that is for him. His punishment is banishment. He sends himself into exile. Killing himself is too easy. When he turns and looks into the camera at the end he’s stripped everything away.
Were there any other versions of the ending that you rejected?
BUCK: The only real variation was what he would be doing. I knew he would be in a self-imposed prison that would be as far from Miami as possible. We’d find him working in some solitary environment where even if other people were around he would make no contact and not talk to anyone. We would follow him home and he would have no human contact.

In a way that’s his new code — avoiding human contact.
BUCK: Yes. For us, that’s the tragedy. The one thing we felt Dexter wanted more than anything was human connections. Even in the first season we see him trying to get with Rudy. Now that he’s finally made that journey and he’s almost poised to have a real human life, he has to give all that up to save Harrison and Hannah.
COLLETON: He went into an absolute shutdown. He no longer has even his voiceover.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Then yeah... that ending was really stupid...
i''ll stick to my own made version. makes more senses like that...
Old 09-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

Oh wow, I did not expect it to end that way.

I actually wanted a happier ever after ending. Or an ending where someone figures everything out.. ie. Matthews. But ehh.. Deb died.. I feel bad for Harrison. It sucked..

But I like the show overall
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

So, I watched every season up to the last. The last season before this one amused me, and I enjoyed it, but the second the old woman introduced herself in this season I got bored already.

Great show during its run though.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

Stopped watching after the trinity killer
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

I only watched the John Lithghow season (I think he was the Trinity killer?). After that, I didn't have interest in following it further.

All the old shows are packing up, but I don't see a lot of good new dramas save for a few (Newsroom). Or maybe I just don't watch enough.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
I only watched the John Lithghow season (I think he was the Trinity killer?). After that, I didn't have interest in following it further.

All the old shows are packing up, but I don't see a lot of good new dramas save for a few (Newsroom). Or maybe I just don't watch enough.
Ray Donovan? It was on after Dexter and it was ok, but once I lost showtime I didn't have the motivation to continue watching it
Old 09-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

It seems like a mafia show of some kind, but IMDB says he's an LA fixer. Never really got into mob shows.

You ever checked out Luther? Just watched the last two eps of the new season. Good show. (only a 4 episode season). 3 seasons = 14 eps.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

check out Haven on the scfi channel it's based on the novel The Colorado Kid by Stephen King
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:22 AM   #15
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Haven was great, but now it got just too weird and too unfocused. dont know the show lost me after season 2.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #16
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

Well that was a quick change in topic. Shows how bad the last season blew.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Actually i liked the last season more then the 5th or 6th season.
but i find it weird that they decided to go back to the very beginning. hence why i preffered the idea of him having missed out on a suicide.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly the only seasons I didn't like were 3 and probably the last one. The rest were fine.