SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[GAMES] MGS Ground Zeroes: risky game for casual gamers? SolidSnake76 General 6 03-01-2013 09:45 PM
The Saddest News report possible.... SolidSnake76 General 19 06-04-2012 07:47 PM
Report Jknucklez Members Help Center 15 04-16-2006 07:10 AM

Old 10-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
SolidSnake76
Master

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2976
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default An EXTREMEMLY risky news report to post here....

http://now.msn.com/christoph-benzm%C...ved-god-exists

Quote:
There is a god. Or so say Christoph Benzmuller and Bruno Woltzenlogel Paleo, two Berlin-based computer scientists who recently announced they've proven a decades-old theory by mathematician Kurt Godel, which makes a case for the existence of God. The theory, known as Godel's ontological proof, is summed up like this: "God, by definition, is that for which no greater can be conceived. God exists in the understanding. If God exists in the understanding, we could imagine Him to be greater by existing in reality. Therefore, God must exist."

Did Benzmuller and Paleo lose you there? No wonder, because there's a whole lot of complicated math that goes into proving the theory, which the duo worked using a simple number-crunching program on a personal computer. The purpose of the exercise was to illustrate how computers have evolved to solve our most complicated problems. We're just glad they cleared up that whole God question along the way. [Source] [Source]
given the nature of how sensitive you members are and how easily offended anyone of you can be... this article has intrigued me enough to actually share it here....

with that said, your objective if you plan to comment on the article....

THE ARTICLE!!!
is to try to make sense of the theory and please.... please do not attack, belittle or defame anyone in this topic based on anything, and I mean ANYTHING!!!

you all know I regulate my topic and this is a article, nothing to be taken seriously

if the staff disagrees with this, then they can promptly lock it. otherwise... proceed...

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 10-31-2013 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Can't ask folks not to demean anyone and start off by calling them names, man. Edited.
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: An EXTREMEMLY risky news report to post here....

@snake - its impossible to discuss the article WITHOUT discussing the SUBJECT of the article, which is GOD

but lets see how other members will handle this...

and for the science people who're trying to find every reason for everything, the creation, life, big bang, etc..

Quote:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." - Isaiah 55:8
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 74
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

As stated in the article ...

Quote:
"God, by definition, is that for which no greater can be conceived. God exists in the understanding. If God exists in the understanding, we could imagine Him to be greater by existing in reality. Therefore, God must exist."
I don't get it
-Elite_Ken- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

I've always believed in a god ( Which one is still undecided) But I don't feed into all that other stuff. What I am saying is I believe that there is a higher power, I do not know which religion is the "one" to follow by, but there must be something to interconnect us all.

Also numbers can be seen / used in just about any and everything! all things in being has a connection mathematically.

I know some members of the community is familiar with the show "Touch" and despite all of the negative comments I've heard from members of this community. I still think it was a solid season that actually spoke some truth about the whole situation.

Anywho I know we might not see it in our lifetime, But I am very interested to see how these mathematical equations can be carried out once they finally get more in depth in the quantum computing era.

Oh the possibilities one could wonder.

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

Last edited by (-Kam-); 10-30-2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typo
(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

So there's a mathematical proof that proves that there is something beyond human comprehension.
Therefore, something beyond human comprehension exists and that is proven. God is supposed to be beyond human comprehension so therefore, the math proves that there is a "God." Whether this is Jehovah, Muhammad, Nirvana, Brahmin, Zeus, Odin, Zenu, etc is not explained, just simply that there is something that humans cannot comprehend. I think "God" is quite a stretch for this math, it's just a logic formula/trap
Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 764
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

God exists

As for the others

Meh

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #7
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: An EXTREMEMLY risky news report to post here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-Kam-) View Post
Anywho I know we might not see it in our lifetime, But I am very interested to see how these mathematical equations can be carried out once they finally get more in depth in the quantum computing era.

Oh the possibilities one could wonder.
I know right..

All people believe in something even if they are unaware that they are. Then most religions preach the same thing but people get caught up so much in names of things and differences in cultures to notice the similarities. Being open minded to people cultures, beliefs, ideals, and life style is key.

That's all I have to say.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
Juzie

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 157
Juzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the rough

They proved that Kurt Godel's proof was mathematically sound, not that the claim was true in itself. You'd have to accept his axioms which are premises that are just accepted as true.
Juzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #9
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Unfortunately maths can say whatever you want it to say.

i could devise a formula saying that 2+2=22 and i'd be right. the same way 2+2=4. or the same way 12+1 = 1 is true. unfortunately in this reality there are so many things being true reguardless of people thinking otherwise. what might be true for one might not be for another, but the fact is... all those truths are just views of the people.

Taking newtons laws for exemple... many of them are true int heir ways, but they also could easily be prooven false if looked at another way. in the end only einstein was brilliant enough to know that even him had made mistakes even though we claimed he discovered a lot.

this is what i think of this article and that formula...
when you add things, more things its gonna mean.
its always gonna be like that.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 AM   #10
DrunkenMasta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
DrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the rough

If you devise a formula saying 2+2=22, then all of math would be a lie.
DrunkenMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:56 AM   #11
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

wow, didnt know my grade school math teacher had been f*** up with me with her lessons lol
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:28 AM   #12
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post

i could devise a formula saying that 2+2=22 and i'd be right. the same way 2+2=4. or the same way 12+1 = 1 is true. unfortunately in this reality there are so many things being true reguardless of people thinking otherwise. what might be true for one might not be for another, but the fact is... all those truths are just views of the people.

Taking newtons laws for exemple... many of them are true int heir ways, but they also could easily be prooven false if looked at another way. in the end only einstein was brilliant enough to know that even him had made mistakes even though we claimed he discovered a lot.

You can devise a formula saying 2+2=22 if 2=11

Yes but to just take blow it out of proportion like that... You need to be removed from this topic

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Hence why I will always hate math entirely

When just dealing with numbers, it's one thing, but the next step up into algebra and calculus is what really mind****s you around because "x" can equal anything you want first off, then you gotta prove it is that value via using a ton of other variables like m, d, c and y

Pretty much what's going on in this equation to prove the deity, making up a loop no1 can understand
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenMasta View Post
If you devise a formula saying 2+2=22, then all of math would be a lie.
But they made Winston accept 2+2=5 lol

Old 10-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Drunken...
Type in "2"+"2"= in a computer or a scientific calculator... you'll get 22 as an answer !
because in my sentence right there, what you guys felt the need to see was that it was a mathematical equation. which it wasn't ! if the number 2 is taken as a word, then 2 as a word added 2 as another word, qould simply equal the word 22. or 2 2 which to me still equals 22 but with a space in between.

the reality is that school molded you into thinking logically. but they failed to show you that logic has multiple instances of reality. hence what is logical for one, might not be for another individual.

Logically speaking, all those variables, like solid just said... could be anything you actually wanted them to be. the same could be said about god or any deities here. since we work with nothing and there are so many variables. the fact remains that those variables could end up being whatever each individuals wants them to be.

Resolve this equation for me...
X+Y+Z=A

simple equation but all mathematical geniuses will tell you that its easy to sovle as the variables can be whatever you want it to be. the answer to that equation would then be... 1+2+3=6 and it would be right... another person could say 3+3+3=9 and he would be right as well.

another exemple...
pluto was a planet not too long ago, now its not...
what did you do, you adapted and started saying its not. but to some people that defintiion of the word planet didn't make sens, so to them pluto is still a planet.

all this cause i the end, everything could be everything !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

Two scientist out of tens of thousands in the world.
Let's see if this stands up to a peer reviewed analysis.
If so then they'll make a believer out of me.

Quote:
Drunken...
Type in "2"+"2"= in a computer or a scientific calculator... you'll get 22 as an answer !
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM

Last edited by DamnGRB; 10-31-2013 at 02:18 PM.
DamnGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #16
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Drunken...
because in my sentence right there, what you guys felt the need to see was that it was a mathematical equation. which it wasn't ! if the number 2 is taken as a word, then 2 as a word added 2 as another word, qould simply equal the word 22. or 2 2 which to me still equals 22 but with a space in between.
This is an example of a user not knowing how to use their tools, and doesn't touch upon the concept of math itself.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
Noobkiller

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough

God is produced when there are no other explanations.
Thus god will exist until we are all knowing.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #18
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobkiller View Post
God is produced when there are no other explanations.
Thus god will exist until we are all knowing.

I don't think there will ever be a "god" i think technology could lead to a point where we could appear as ones...such ass Mass Engineering Projects[changing the environment of a planet/terraforming] Accerlated evolution, advanced cloning etc.

Sorry Solid if we're taking your topic off course we mean this in good spirit. If you don't mind.
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM
DamnGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnGRB View Post
I don't think there will ever be a "god" i think technology could lead to a point where we could appear as ones...such ass Mass Engineering Projects[changing the environment of a planet/terraforming] Accerlated evolution, advanced cloning etc.

Sorry Solid if we're taking your topic off course we mean this in good spirit. If you don't mind.
I am on the train right now....

I am looking over this topic with great scrutiny

no personal attacks are being made so I will let this stand some more

but kam, lux and itachi need to respond to the article better than that

Last edited by SolidSnake76; 10-31-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #20
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 764
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

what if we evolve (eventually) into Gods!

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote