SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[CONTEST] blockattack vs. [Active SFO] blockattack Challenges and Tournaments 43 03-07-2013 03:48 PM
Enhancements for the active. haspinwal New Features 15 06-12-2011 04:50 PM
I'm the most active. azncat RaNdOm iNsAnItY 5 10-26-2007 03:14 PM
Active x kenhyryu Bugs and Problems report 6 08-14-2006 03:15 AM

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #26
-InNeRSoul-
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 375
-InNeRSoul- is an unknown quantity at this point-InNeRSoul- is an unknown quantity at this point-InNeRSoul- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Make SFO more active

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBlaze View Post
I'm fully in agreement with Sinik, no one cares about the Twinner banners anymore.

70% of the people that got them don't even play and more and probably never will again. As I said in my first post, SFO needs to concentrate on the new generation to bring this game back alive, not the old vets who are all probably reaching there 30s now. I'm not even an old vet and I'm 23 this year going on 25.

You can start by removing my Twinner banner on my HellBlitz account, I really don't mind.
23 to 25 in one year?

YOU CAN EVOLVE?!?!?
Old 04-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #27
hB

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 57
hB is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by -InNeRSoul- View Post
23 to 25 in one year?

YOU CAN EVOLVE?!?!?
Yeah being a G has it's perks.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #28
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

some people here will just never learn...
sinik, think whatever the hell you want. but i can tell you, you thinking it doesn't make it a reality !

we ****ing tryed, may you want to believe me or not, we ****ing tryed to give people temporary prizes to try and keep them cool... it never gave out more activity. but hey, feel free to try and retry everything we've done until you see it yourselves.

all you have to do now, is to convince all elites and everyone who can give colors to actually empty their colors list ! be my guess, try it !
Old 04-06-2014, 12:18 AM   #29
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

To be honest, if it would help out of the 100+ colors I have let me keep ten and take the rest back. I want to be able to add my own colors, and take the elite perk back since I am a OM anyway.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #30
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
some people here will just never learn...
sinik, think whatever the hell you want. but i can tell you, you thinking it doesn't make it a reality !

we ****ing tryed, may you want to believe me or not, we ****ing tryed to give people temporary prizes to try and keep them cool... it never gave out more activity. but hey, feel free to try and retry everything we've done until you see it yourselves.

all you have to do now, is to convince all elites and everyone who can give colors to actually empty their colors list ! be my guess, try it !
They are not going to listen, as they say we are not.
Which is the problem. Apparently Nobody is listening to each other. "Apparently"

^
Old 04-06-2014, 03:15 AM   #31
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

sha: thats the thing... what sinik is asking... is for us to retake all colors in their entirety... and then never give them out for good. meaning the end of the elite vips and the end of you having an ability to choose a color and equip it. because at that point, the only way to gain a color would be to win something. and then again it would only be temporary which means you'd lose it later on.

kinda like the games where you pay to get guns or costumes, but you only have them for like a month or 14 days. then you'd have to pay for them again.

i dont like that kind of logic.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:05 AM   #32
hB

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so all we're got from this thread is;

We can't
We tried
It's not possible without TmyApp
You guys don't listen
The mods don't help
We have facebook
We don't remember our twitter account

Once again, the point of this thread has gone over everyones heads. This is what causes the divide between staff and members.
This thread sums up why activity is so low.
It's not the mods, it's not the members, it's the unity. Finger pointing never solved anything, but ah'well.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #33
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

Listen features has nothing to do with activity.

The only reason why activity is low, is because people rather spend all day on the forum bitching and complaining instead of actually being on SFO PLAYING!

Activity means being active how can sfo be active if no one playing?

How about we all try to actually play for a while? Activity will pick up.

How do I know this? I've been doing some campaign and we have a over 100+ new players find their way to SFO between Feb. & March, The reason why they didn't stay, is because no one in game was playing, they were either too busy chating or saying I'm too good to play you try learning how to play first.

If everybody be friendly and just play new members would stay and we'll have more activity simple as that.

Just stop asking for things, enjoy whats here, until the next great update,

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

Old 04-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #34
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-Kam-) View Post
Listen features has nothing to do with activity.

The only reason why activity is low, is because people rather spend all day on the forum bitching and complaining instead of actually being on SFO PLAYING!

Activity means being active how can sfo be active if no one playing?

How about we all try to actually play for a while? Activity will pick up.

How do I know this? I've been doing some campaign and we have a over 100+ new players find their way to SFO between Feb. & March, The reason why they didn't stay, is because no one in game was playing, they were either too busy chating or saying I'm too good to play you try learning how to play first.

If everybody be friendly and just play new members would stay and we'll have more activity simple as that.

Just stop asking for things, enjoy whats here, until the next great update,
Brah, you make some valid points, but you have to keep in mind that SFO is an ONLINE game, so unfortunately activity goes hand in hand with "new updates". This simply cannot be ignored. People can only play an outdated game for so long. Then you add in the fact that the Boss is no where in sight, and is in the shadows once again. That does not inspire confidence or motivation.

Last edited by Sir Nash; 04-06-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #35
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Kam, its useless speaking to the activist who thinks they have the miracle solution...
Old 04-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #36
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

^
AKA someone who never play ingame. :P
Atleast we are playing. =)
Old 04-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #37
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 132
Tsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished road

I personally have lost interest in the game for the following reasons:

1) I don't trust vindicator, so I won't download or use it.
1a) Because I don't trust vindicator, I'm not very competitive in matches with people who do use it
2) I've never actually seen where the money everyone donates actually goes - just that it's requested and people do. This is great and I'm glad they do, but without transparency I'm less interested in donating myself (and thus, reducing Tmy's ability to improve the game with my dollars).
3) Today's matches are all about who can hadoken the fastest and the most often. A couple years back, there were at least some people (Shishio, Blazer, VIPA, as well as others) who enjoyed playing games "cleaner" as I call it. This keeps me from being as active as I'd like.
4) I can't figure out how to host behind my townhouse's router.
5) I still don't understand what the whole CREED thing does, but I feel like as I'm fighting those people my attacks do much less damage to them (and theirs seems to do much more to me).

What can be done to increase activity?

- The creed was a nice addition, you have to change and add to the game in order to appeal to your new demographic.
- More official tournaments need to be held and the prizes need to be much more appealing. As Sinik mentioned, the game is over-saturated with colors and T-winner stuff. None of that really means much anymore. Using some of the donations that are received as prizes for tournaments would be pretty cool.
- Incorporating some sort of "shop" into the game where you can customize your character in your options would be cool. Would take time to develop, of course.
- Increasing the match cap (more than a 2v2 limit) up to like, 4v4 or something. That would be slick but again, would take time.

- You guys have to spread the word on the game. As someone said before, people only find out about it by word of mouth. I found out in high school because one of my friends played it. That generation is essentially gone, so you have to cater to the new younger one. The twitter page is a cool idea - go follow League of Legends or Bungie and maybe people will follow you and try the game out. Facebook is also a good idea - try to get everyone to Like it and maybe word will spread.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #38
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 840
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

I went on other forums and promoted the gane myself with SK, I gathered noob it's in servers snd made them join the forum I even trained then I also was hosting cash tourneys and trying to create events with my cash prizes some of them weren't allowed for reasons but that just demotivated me entirely, I was willing to go above and beyond to bring new blood but some people wouldn't allow me to do some tjings, not saying all.. You know who I'm not speaking of.

Just some tips, if you want people to play give people some room to work when they clearly show they're trying to help the game. Don't shut them down, because then your left your left with nothing.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #39
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 766
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Honestly, Everything has been answered. We did/are doing everything we can do.

Point blank, no need to argue. If you want the game to be "more active" then tell your friends/buddy s to go online and play with you. Everything mentioned has been tried OR we simply cannot do with out an intervention of Tmy.

I dont think you guys understand, this is TMyApp's Game. His, and his Game only. Us current staff members have no part in the creation of the game, all that was ever granted was an opening to the game (TMC) which hardly any of us have the time to fully utilize anymore.

Dont complain, Dont bitch. Just play the Game. Its really that simple, go in the server and host/join games dont sit and talk, dont be rude to new members, just play the game.

As for donations, as Tsunami mentioned. I would like to believe thta all of our donations are keeping the game going. TMyApp hasn't lied to me or any of the Games members, even so I guess it might be hard to fathom that their are still some good people out their in the world who need help. Plus at one point the donations were not for the game at all, they were personally for TMy, now we (the donations) are literally keeping the game alive, and all yall want todo is complain and cry, rather then try and find a solution.

We make tournaments, 15 people join, half go inactive, the same people win. Same winners get even more prizes they dont need.

We make TMC modes, people think we stupid, and cheat to win. As for the legit winners, they get prizes.

We make events, still low activity, since people always drop out. We tried Temp prizes, even new prizes but still nothing worked.

You guys have to understand SFO is more of a Side game rather than a full time game For all of us, we have lives just like you (even TMyApp) his main purpose in his life now is now updating the game, but he tried and tries.

And on that note this thread is concluded and close. DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER THREAD LIKE THIS.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #40
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
- The creed was a nice addition, you have to change and add to the game in order to appeal to your new demographic.
Creed is next to a faillure, reguardless of how you see it, because you need GV to and people dont want an anti-hack software. so the creed is pretty much a faillure, people wanted RPG elements, we gave them, yet by now nobody wants them in.

yes more damage and more armor exists...
no its not significantly that much...
basically it takes one more hadoken to kill someone at the highest value which is 30% more damage. so basically you need 2 more hadokens to kill someone at highest value, something we never gave to anybody except ourselves. the maximum you may have seen was like 10%

Quote:
- More official tournaments need to be held and the prizes need to be much more appealing. As Sinik mentioned, the game is over-saturated with colors and T-winner stuff. None of that really means much anymore. Using some of the donations that are received as prizes for tournaments would be pretty cool.
again, tryed it, how many tournaments had real life video games as prizes, how many did people do that actually had a prize money. yet ask those users if activity went thru the roof, they will say no. we monitored, advertised those tournaments a lot. and we never stopped people from doing that. so instead of you asking us to do it, then why aren't you yourself doing it.

unlike what you guys may think, there are still plenty of tournaments being done.
and all of them have different prizes including the above real life elements they are giving away. and if you need more promotion for that tournament of yours we are there for it.

prizes...
if colors is so depreciated, then why is it still the most convoluted feature ?
we tryed giving you creeds, abusive creeds, we tryed giving you special winner stages designed just for that particular one. we tryed giving out everything else too... yet... somehow the only thing that maters to people are still colors which even today, people still fight for.

so no, colors are far from being depreciated like you say they are.
they might be to you... but that doesn't speak for everyone else.

Quote:
- Incorporating some sort of "shop" into the game where you can customize your character in your options would be cool. Would take time to develop, of course.
we all want that, but it requires TMyApp... so go ahead convince him to do that thing.
also, what kind of customisation are you talking about ? because as far as i know were not anywhere near those MMO RPGs with avatars. here aside from color palettes, we dont add anything to a character.

Quote:
- Increasing the match cap (more than a 2v2 limit) up to like, 4v4 or something. That would be slick but again, would take time.
that will never happen, you already cry about the lag for a 1v1, you cry even more about laggy games in 2v2 yet you want 5v5 games ? again all i see here are people complaining their butts off but doing nothing to actually solve the problems. all i see in this very thread, are people "ASKING" others to do the job for them.

and i think THIS is the real problem of this comunity. nobody wants to do it themselves, they just want to log on and poof the game is miraculously alive again.

EDIT:
lol Lux posted at the same time... well no you started writing before me, but hey...
so that says it all, if you guys want something to change. go ahead, do it yourself.
we're not stopping you...

all we ask is for you not to start promoting on gaming websites.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 04-06-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:58 PM   #41
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Honestly, Everything has been answered. We did/are doing everything we can do.

Point blank, no need to argue. If you want the game to be "more active" then tell your friends/buddy s to go online and play with you. Everything mentioned has been tried OR we simply cannot do with out an intervention of Tmy.

I dont think you guys understand, this is TMyApp's Game. His, and his Game only. Us current staff members have no part in the creation of the game, all that was ever granted was an opening to the game (TMC) which hardly any of us have the time to fully utilize anymore.

Dont complain, Dont bitch. Just play the Game. Its really that simple, go in the server and host/join games dont sit and talk, dont be rude to new members, just play the game.

Please read that bold part for the kids who said that we are taking App's place and doing a bad job. (Yeah I've read that somewhere.)

^
Old 04-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #42
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1659
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

re-opened (not locked by me)

everyone please note:
Healthy discussion on improvements and ways to get the game active is fine. In fact, it is encouraged.

Having a bitch session to complain about the staff or the way things are run is NOT fine.

Those who cannot distinguish between the two will be warned first, and then banned from participating in this thread. (this includes staff)

Now can we all just get along.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #43
evil^vegeta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 105
evil^vegeta is an unknown quantity at this point

the issue stems from limited originality these days..that's do-able without TMyApp. It's difficult to elaborate on but to return things back to .. 06-07? would take an immense amount of dedication and time spent with a select few who has ideas worth listening too. lets see.. There's colors.. story chapters.. tournaments.. creeds.. not too much when you think about it with all due respect fellas. I mean to older users it may be old by now, but as far as new users it may be alot to take in at once ya know ? if it makes little sense I apologize kinda tired.. but in my mind the person(s) with the most relevant vision far as the games future now, and til beyond should have more.. Responsibility? it's a lot for one man to handle, but I get a feeling it's gonna stay that way. everyone has business outside of the game and that also plays a heavy part.. TMyapps presence I believe inspiries some people to wanna do more/come up with ideas.. but knowing the situation I dunno how likely that is.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:00 AM   #44
hB

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity guys, when was you last interaction with Tmy?

Any progress on getting that twitter account going?
Old 04-08-2014, 06:36 AM   #45
eviltomas
Ryu Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 297
eviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura about
Visit eviltomas's Facebook Visit eviltomas's YouTube
Post Re: Make SFO more active

-' TMyapp probably working on that Major Update Now.

''You are confined only by the walls you build yourself".
Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #46
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Do anyone know how to program games? If so you guys need to talk to him about instrusting the game with one of them until the storm blow over.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #47
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: Make SFO more active

I think when someone makes a topic that has been answered some what before. They should just be linked to it with the first response to avoid the repetition.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #48
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 176
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

It's easy to blame people now that all this **** went down but I did't see anyone complaining back then even though there were obvious signs that this was going to happen. The game is dying for a few reasons

1. It's outdated causing the HUGE learning curve because of lag. New players come in, play one game and automatically think the game is broken and leave.

2. For the people who do continue to play Unvind mode is being forced down their throat. Get with the times people, the game moved towards a new direction and nobody was willing to move on. So many times on UG new clans would come and leave within weeks because they were ridiculed for playing vindicated.

3. Instability with TMyApp. As much as we all don't want to think about it, his lack of presence in the game was a big turn off. Lack of updates and just a lack of communication, letting us know what he was working on etc. Can't blame the guy, and I admire him for keeping his "little project" going this long but yeahh.. i'll leave it at that.

Only thing I can think of is getting it back on those sites like Miniclip or whatever. First time I found SFO was on Arcadepod.com while in 4th grade while in my computer class. Not sure I would've found it or even heard of it if not for that
Old 04-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #49
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
It's easy to blame people now that all this **** went down but I did't see anyone complaining back then even though there were obvious signs that this was going to happen. The game is dying for a few reasons
no games are immortal... this game, eben though i like the community... its all there is left on it. its fun to see people wanting it to stay... but reguardless of what happens, the rest is in TMyApp's hands and there is nothing we can do about that.

TMyApp already openned up to us. he said if we can stay the game for a while he will show us what SFO 2.0 is for him... that is already far more then what we have been told for the last 2-3 years.

Quote:
1. It's outdated causing the HUGE learning curve because of lag. New players come in, play one game and automatically think the game is broken and leave.
there is nothing that can be done about that either... the thing is... back in 2001, online browser games were a thing and now that age is over with. we're at the age of facebook games... and even there people askes 500% more out of their developpers.

we're at an age where we ask browser games to be the caliber of big corporate companies.
forgetting that every indie games out there are probably better in gameplay though lacking in graphics.

the same is true here...
this was an indie game back then. by todays standard its still is one of the best browser game i've seen. so why's people crying over it now ?

Quote:
2. For the people who do continue to play Unvind mode is being forced down their throat. Get with the times people, the game moved towards a new direction and nobody was willing to move on. So many times on UG new clans would come and leave within weeks because they were ridiculed for playing vindicated.
thats the biggest problem to me, nobody even plays the game right...
helpers are always off, timer always off, unvind always there. no GV on.
tell me why you'd not play agame like it was designed to be for fun and games ?

seems to me like the confusion we had back in World of warcraft about twinks.
people said twinks were screwing the game up. people thought that twinks only wanted more balanced gameplay. people defended the twinks saying they were the ones making the game more balanced. when the game creator gave us everything we wanted... everybody stopped playing them...

deep down, people were playing it for a sole reason... to completely OWN the other players.
i see the same here... people are only wanting to OWN the other players. they dont car about fun and games. all they want are fun destroying the opponent completely. winning is al that matters and when a game comes down to that... then its not a game anymore.

think about it for a second... if winning is the only thing still giving you fun... then you are past the time to let the game go.

Quote:
3. Instability with TMyApp. As much as we all don't want to think about it, his lack of presence in the game was a big turn off. Lack of updates and just a lack of communication, letting us know what he was working on etc. Can't blame the guy, and I admire him for keeping his "little project" going this long but yeahh.. i'll leave it at that.
as i said, no games are immortals. they have to die at one point or get replaced by a new engine.
its clear we're not wanting it to die yet. but we will need a new engine to go on and even tmyapp agreed to that in his last few posts.

what others didn't consider though...
is the fact tmyapp had finally openned back to us.
he'd keep programming the features,t he bugs and the likes. while we the staff would continu getting content to the game. TMC was exactly that, a way for us to have control over the game.

unfortunately tmyapp's problem started a bit before the release of TMC. and as such were lucky to even have TMC. but his goal was to give us more. the TMC update was just the beginning. TMC should of evolved a lot more by now. but unfortunately it didn't.

Quote:
Only thing I can think of is getting it back on those sites like Miniclip or whatever. First time I found SFO was on Arcadepod.com while in 4th grade while in my computer class. Not sure I would've found it or even heard of it if not for that
this is another problem...
those sites you are talking about do not have the popularity they used to have.
back in 2001 facebook didn't exists. gaming websites were everywhere and if you wanted a small game to be nejoyed you had to go on google and search for those sites.

now people dont search those sites anymore.
i've gone on arcadepod.com... it hasn't changed since the old days.
same with miniclip and the others. those sites haven't changed much since old times.
they are still there and thus i recommend still updating our page on there.
but the fact still remains....

with the advent of unity and facebook allowing unity based games and all.
we'd have a way better chance at promoting with facebook and putting the game directly in facebook.
the other problem this leads to though... is how much one game cannot be promoted thru facebook if it has third party content. which is clearly our case. this game is entirely capcoms property... so we cannot use the promote tool on facebook. and without that tool... facebook games are ruined.

so put it this way...
contrary to 2001... now the game industry has openned up. but it also closed down on small time games like this one. if you want to make a game go for it... but if you want to clone a game then there is a problem. thats the society we live in now.

taking a game that practically abused the system... flappy bird !
that thing was 5 stars rating until it eventually gone down to 3 and less.
but why did it get to 5 stars right away ? simple... the guy who made the game found a weakpoint in the sstem. and decided to abuse it. his game instantly became the must have on steam, windows store and ios store. of course thegame sold awefully well for a free game...

now a days... you see thousands of variants appearing and selling everywhere...
we could do the same...
problem, flappy bird was different enough to be called its own game.
we can't...
nobody is gonna promote us in the current world.

small anecdote...
back in 2009 last discussion i had with tmyapp before he left...
i was asking him to get a variable system in TMC in order to create pathways, much like what i did with NOTS.
he said he could do it... then we came to another subject... what was planned for SFO 2.0 ? he answered me it was ust another number for him. nothing specials. and i told him... it cannot be, it must be special. you see in gaming, every first number changes is a big update. back int he days... when sfo turned 1.0 it was because it finally broke out of beta stage. we also had the first AI, the first time playing 4 players at once.and sentinel as a new character. so i was wondering, what was gonna happen to 2.0. it was gonna be big in my head. and to my surprise tmyapp hadn't thought of it like that...

you see tmyapp had given us so much time that to him doing this game was a common thing now. thats when a game becomes dull and dies out. funny though, after that we have had only a single update and it still never changed the numbers...

then tmyapp goes to tell us that he has a vision of SFO 2.0.
if he has to remake SFO into another engine... then he has to redo everything we did up to this port. port SFO to the new engine. and unlike what most of you think, its way harder when both programming languages have nothing to do with each others. from lingo to c#... there is a huge step to be climbed. thats if he is using Unity to create the game...

moral of the story...
tmyapp hasn't forgot about us.
tmyapp has a plan for this game.
and he's willing to go over it again, which didn't seem to be the case back then.

if you ask me, thats a good recipe right there.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #50
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBlaze View Post
Just out of curiosity guys, when was you last interaction with Tmy?
The last time you guys seen him, We've seen him. (For the most part.) The person who keeps close connect to him as far as I am concerned, in which even he, probably didn't see him since the update, is TF. If you look as his previous posts, its OBVIOUS (idk if you guys read it, seems like you guys didn't because the same repeated questions are appearing ... ) that he does not have the time as he use to, to do the updates he wanted, thus giving us TMC to keep some form of entertainment for SFO, which is limited also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Sha_Nicole) View Post
Do anyone know how to program games? If so you guys need to talk to him about instrusting the game with one of them until the storm blow over.
Nope, Already discussed.

^

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 04-08-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Closed Thread