SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gambit - 2014 estset Banners, Avatars and Images 4 05-02-2014 01:42 PM
Jan-Feb 2014 DwAyN3 Banners, Avatars and Images 0 03-02-2014 11:52 AM

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1179
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube
Default 2014 SFO Awards - Hey..

Old thread recently closed and removed, why? I couldnt tell you.. but, what I will say, is that I like the idea.
It brings activity, it is opinionated, its fun, and causes lots of petty drama that everyone eventually gets over.

I can dig it.

If it gets out of hand, at the most, we will ban you for a month from the forum.. thats not too bad is it?
I think someone should host it, and here

If it gets TOO crazy.. I'll just close it midway, which means you and everyone voting would have wasted time.. which is punishment enough

You have my blessing.
It brings only good, and even if its fussing, its still kinda funny .. like siblings.

So .. who wants to head this project? If you wanna do it, do your research, get a team, do what you gotta do, dont make it long, dont list crazy stuff, just get'r done

Who knows... by the time its done, we might be able to offer prizes.. maybe new colors from the magic color machine in developement?

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

Old 09-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 840
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2014 SFO Awards - Hey..

Me and SK will make it.

Well make it so you cant vote the same people for every category well the ones who look fishy

Example

Ryu
Me
block
LS
SK
TDA

Ken
Me
block
LS
SK
TDA

Etc etc..

And for your votes to count must fill out every category.

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles

Last edited by -AlphaRiku-; 09-12-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Blockattack, you're amazing at times. I got cussed out for no reason, but anywho, moving forward.

If he host it I think UG/PX should do something great and if it starts near November I can host a nice tournament to compliment the award that will be a substantial amount of money to be donated to the game. If we are willing to do it.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Up to you guys, but if someone is really good with multiple characters and their name appears once, that cant be helped.

ALSO.. this is more for the community than anything, it will be biased, people will vote for their friends over and over..
Thats why you need to be actively involved in the community and making friends

Peoples lists dont matter.. If they dont win from skill, they win from friends..
This is all for the fun.

If someone is truely that good, im sure, friends or not... they will still win from sheer honesty

SO dont focus on the lists, lets not make this TOO serious lol.. Wasn't a very active year to begin with.

Need to contact blocky?

Old 09-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

Well im saying if its the same person voted 1 for every single character thats just fake lol..

Im not stupid not gonna say someone is lying when they put someones name in a few or more catergories...but people should deff have to fill out each category and not leave out like gfx section etc..Will get more votes that way. better end result.

Clan Battle Record 121-6
Old 09-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #6
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AlphaRiku- View Post
Well im saying if its the same person voted 1 for every single character thats just fake lol..

Im not stupid not gonna say someone is lying when they put someones name in a few or more catergories...but people should deff have to fill out each category and not leave out like gfx section etc..Will get more votes that way. better end result.
Good deal, you guys do what you gotta do.

Sha brought it up, so clearly discuss it between yourselves first. If you start arguing, like I know you two will....
Then its gonna go to her lead.

So stay civil lol. Your both hard to get along with at times.

Need to contact blocky?

Old 09-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #7
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Block you right, it may have been a inactive year but you can count on me to hold the servers down, like I do every year.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #8
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaraSpareNo1 View Post
Block you right, it may have been a inactive year but you can count on me to hold the servers down, like I do every year.
Dont make me get ken on you..

Need to contact blocky?

Old 09-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #9
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

I learned Akuma correctly Ken is a cake walk to me now.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #10
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

She can do it if she wants to...i dont care

Clan Battle Record 121-6
Old 09-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #11
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

HA! Expect great things to come you guys. This will be one to remember, just you wait.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:22 AM   #12
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Lol well....

Guess I'll do the thread be default if u still want it done, if u got someone else it's all good

Clan Battle Record 121-6
Old 09-13-2014, 01:34 AM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

i wouldn't do this, for the same reasons the 168 events was stopped and forgotten for good.

the problem is people all voting for their best buddies reguardless of anything. the pool of vote is totally not enough to do this kind of voting. and the people were allowed to vote for one self. as if the world turned around them.

all these problems cannot be adressed as it is now.

you could stop one to vote for himself. but whats stopping the guy from asking his friend to vote for him. and if you start putting filters into how people can vote... you'll diminish even more th epool of votes which will end up not brining the true median which is what voting is for. remember... 1 vote is still 100% win if the guy is the only one voting ! that doesn't mean we have the whole community thoughts here. we'd need at least 10 votes per person to get that median, something we will probably never have.

and then there is the drama Queens/Kings that will come up after that, bitching about how this and that person should of won or lost. plus all the EGOs and all the flaming that ensures for a simple thing as recognition. something we all seek at one point or another until we realise that we shouldn't work for the others but for ones self.

you may be able to take it...
but some of us dont...
and im one of those who has enough of this little fail event every years.
not to mention, it always end up the same ones in the top. including old timers that didn't even do anything during 2014.

i think all these points are enough to say, this doesn'T work unless we have a way bigger active community.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
-AngelicMaster-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 357
-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about

What if the staff just votes ... And make it locked so people can't comment or complain
Old 09-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #15
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1175
(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice

^ no......
Old 09-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #16
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1658
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

who cares, let them vote for their friends... it's not like we're giving away prizes for this

it's basically just an ego-boost that some people need to carry on with their lives, let them have it.

the best thing about the awards was that someone would be named top Ryu user, then someone else would say "no way, i'm better than that guy" and as a result further challenges would be made in the challenges section, so if anything it helped increase some activity (all due to egos once again).

Let the people have their awards. go for it @-AlphaRiku- , if you want to set it up, nobody going to stop you.

Last edited by xfaderx; 09-13-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #17
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Ight I'll create it tonight

Clan Battle Record 121-6
Old 09-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #18
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

or like in the case of last year. ending up with banning about half the crew that actually voted int he damn thing.

thats what we're trying to avoid fader. we dont care if people egos are hurt or if they think they are gods who deserve to rule the ant universe they so well crafted. but if it comes back to us having to ban those people off. it becomes a problem. we dont like having to ban half the community cause of their egos.

so yeah, i still dont like the idea. not after what hapenned in the last 2 years.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:52 PM   #19
estset

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

I wasn't here when you guys hosted the last awards event, so I can't really comment on that, but if it to bring activity to the forum then I'm all for it as long as it doesn't get out of hand of course. Cuz let's be real, the last thing we want to see is half of the community getting ban over some trivial matter.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

Old 09-14-2014, 12:33 AM   #20
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1455
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Well I was gonna host it last year, but it got passed to the ambassadors lol. I'd love to host it, what do you guys say?

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:34 AM   #21
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1658
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

if it gets outta hand, we'll just ban the people causing trouble out of the thread... no need to forum ban them.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #22
AlphaBee

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 231
AlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enough

lol 5 bucks says its going to be the same people on the list. best ryu hey look mk knowing the man has been mia for years can we keep it within 2014 please and thank you .

Compliment by writers :O

Old 09-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #23
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1455
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerBee View Post
lol 5 bucks says its going to be the same people on the list. best ryu hey look mk knowing the man has been mia for years can we keep it within 2014 please and thank you .

Do you ever forget about a God? A God and his legacy live on long after he stops playing. Accept it.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #24
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~Blaze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerBee View Post

Do you ever forget about a God? A God and his legacy live on long after he stops playing. Accept it.
2014 awards though O_o

Need to contact blocky?

Old 09-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #25
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

MK is not a god. He used to do everything possible to lag games for the win. He'd play defragging, with ten programs running and his SFO on low-priority.

xD Errbody is so ignorant when it comes to certain members of SFO that they worship.
Closed Thread