SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[OFFICIAL] We Lost a Good Man: Kalvin. A. McFadden (Also known as (-Kam-) TitaniumFist SFO News & Updates 0 10-27-2015 11:59 PM
Lost evryoung8998 Banners, Avatars and Images 5 06-28-2009 02:52 PM
Lost webbiest General 2 03-14-2008 11:36 PM
lost Iplay2winIsHere RaNdOm iNsAnItY 10 05-25-2007 11:43 PM

Old 10-31-2015, 03:24 AM   #26
Noobkiller

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: We Lost a Good Man: Kalvin. A. McFadden (Also known as (-Kam-)

I met Kam during the INK days. I played with him during the first few months he joined the game. He always had ideas, even back then. I remember he tried gfxing for a bit. He wasn't very good lol - we use to laugh about it. He never gave up though. In the game and in general, he always made improvements. He made his way to become a mod and was such a huge part of TMC. Prior to his reveal, I didn't know about his "confession". I doubt too many people did. It's really sad how you "know" a person for so many years and at the same time you don't really know. This is out to everyone who has their own "confession" - thank you for being a part of this community and thank you for being a part of my life. Rest in peace Kam. You'll be remembered.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:26 PM   #27
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1469
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Forever in my heart bro. I love you. Rest in peace.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:24 PM   #28
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

So, I just drank like half a bottle of tequila in Kam's honor. Before I get too drunk, I want to wish ERRBODDEH on PX a happy Halloween despite everything that we've just learned, and I hope everyone is taking the time to celebrate Kam's life, honor, and achievements.

IMO Halloween day, every year on PX, a topic should be posted in his honor.

People, you don't know what this man really did in the short time he was a staff member.

One of the last things I read from him was something that caught my attention. I want to quote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-Kam-) View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
And how close to being completed is that one?
eh....its coming along, It was supposed to be completed by last week but I was battling some fevers that kept popping up out of no where so that pushed it back a little.
To put this into perspective, this man was doing TWICE AS MUCH WORK AS EVERYONE ELSE while battling debilitating effects from his illness.

No one in the history of SFO has done so much so successfully, so selflessly, while dealing with so much total BS.

He SHOULD be posthumously promoted to SysOp IMO, but I'unno if that's really gonna happen.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:29 AM   #29
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
He SHOULD be posthumously promoted to SysOp IMO, but I'unno if that's really gonna happen.
yes, thats what i just said
i think theres should be a special category for cases like this
i know we have MIA staff category
may be we can have another special category for him, not that im wishing people to die so this special category can be used, but im sure you get my drift/idea
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #30
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 766
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

i vote for him to be a SysOp, considering he was already doing sysOp things and eve had TMy's blessings.

when he was here with us, i thought it was only a matter of time before he became one.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #31
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
To put this into perspective, this man was doing TWICE AS MUCH WORK AS EVERYONE ELSE while battling debilitating effects from his illness.

No one in the history of SFO has done so much so successfully, so selflessly, while dealing with so much total BS.

Wolfeh, the proposal to posthumously honor Kalvin with a SysOp promotion will be considered and addressed in time.

bloodpack, thank you for the suggestion.

Wolfeh, I get where you are coming from, but I have never, ever been a fan of measuring volunteer contributions of the staff, or our members, against those of another staff or community member.

Let's please refrain from doing so now, in the spirit that we can never dismiss anyone's hardships as lesser. I know you did not mean it that way at all.

But I do not want you, anyone in the staff or the community to feel like your troubles are any less important, or that your contributions are measured against others. They aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
Quote:
yes, thats what i just said
i think theres should be a special category for cases like this
i know we have MIA staff category
may be we can have another special category for him, not that im wishing people to die so this special category can be used, but im sure you get my drift/idea
Thanks again. The proposal will be considered and addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
i vote for him to be a SysOp, considering he was already doing sysOp things and eve had TMy's blessings.

when he was here with us, i thought it was only a matter of time before he became one.
The amazing thing is Kam was working with existing tools available to all mods. His drive, new ideas, knowledge, willingness to learn and adapt, and constantly keeping in touch with TMyApp were key to opening new doors to new in-game possibilities.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #32
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 25
Vegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the rough

May Your Soul Rest in Piece now that you are in a better Place.

Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:36 AM   #33
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
also, not that im forcing the public to mourn, but shouldnt there be a forum or in-game bereavement theme? like black or something?

the in-game intro video should have something about kam or mention about kam
also the forum banner have something like a black ribbon, kinda what we see on national aids day, cervical cancer day, leukemia day, LGBT, etc.?

or how about having the game offline for a month? also its a good way for doing preventive maintenance stuff
Old 11-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #34
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1176
(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice

Feels like I've been saying R.I.P way too much lately

Gone but not forgotten. Sleep soundly KAM.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:39 PM   #35
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Death never really affected me in the long run... i can't say anything else then my condolences to the familly who lost a kid that was too young to die. i know what that is to an extreme as one of my friends died at the age of 12 from cancer. so heck even in the 30ies thats still too young to die.

but i will say this much before the tears forces me to stop.
i didn't just lost an internet friend... i lost a comrade in arms there.
even today i'd expect him to come back saying, hey guys i found a solution to our problems. but alas i now know that will never happen. there is something else though that i wonder about. it may not have any impact considering the state our community is in... but there was a project he had started. hence why tmyapp wanted more info. heck even i was in over my head with what he was doing...

i just hope that last ditch effort to make our lives easier is not in vain...
i really wish i had put more effort in understanding what he was doing so i could take over if this ever hapenned...
oh man, living without regret is so hard when i see these things...

RIP my friend... i wont forget you.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #36
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Death never really affected me in the long run... i can't say anything else then my condolences to the familly who lost a kid that was too young to die. i know what that is to an extreme as one of my friends died at the age of 12 from cancer. so heck even in the 30ies thats still too young to die.

but i will say this much before the tears forces me to stop.
i didn't just lost an internet friend... i lost a comrade in arms there.
even today i'd expect him to come back saying, hey guys i found a solution to our problems. but alas i now know that will never happen. there is something else though that i wonder about. it may not have any impact considering the state our community is in... but there was a project he had started. hence why tmyapp wanted more info. heck even i was in over my head with what he was doing...

i just hope that last ditch effort to make our lives easier is not in vain...
i really wish i had put more effort in understanding what he was doing so i could take over if this ever hapenned...
oh man, living without regret is so hard when i see these things...

RIP my friend... i wont forget you.
Karma.. the dude ALWAYS came in saying he had a solution ... and crazy thing is... he always had a damn solution =/ ..

Like.. even if it was flawed and full of glitches, he fixed it.. when the rest of us like..turned on our xbox or something ...

Will be missed man...

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:59 AM   #37
~DOOM~(Master)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 4
~DOOM~(Master) is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn. I'm gonna miss you man you were one of the coolest dudes on sfo and very humble. I know i hardly ever come on the forums because 98% of the ppl who run it are [comment removed] but when i heard about this I just had to come drop a post for you dude. You were truly a good person and didn't let ignorant ppl influence or change you. The good die young. Rest in peace

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 11-04-2015 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Post edited for flaming, insults. TitaniumFist
~DOOM~(Master) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:57 AM   #38
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Quote:
also, not that im forcing the public to mourn, but shouldnt there be a forum or in-game bereavement theme? like black or something?

also the forum banner have something like a black ribbon, kinda what we see on national aids day, cervical cancer day, leukemia day, LGBT, etc.?

or how about having the game offline for a month? also its a good way for doing preventive maintenance stuff

1) An in-game notice on the news page is a possibility, but an in-game black-for-mourning theme doesn't sound feasible. Neither does an in-game video (we've tried to update the video in the past, and it is not as simple as it sounds. IE: It's a custom job done only by TMyApp, so despite some of our talented video editors/creators, content made by us can't be added to that video intro).

2) The game Kam spent much of his free time trying to keep fresh with his ideas is currently in no condition to go offline for a month.

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions, though. The heart of your suggestions are remembering Kam in-game and on the forum. At this point in time, we do have forum (and facebook) notices about his passing. In-game we can work to place a notice as well. It's a possibility.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #39
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Such sad and shocking news, RIP Kam.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:55 AM   #40
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) An in-game notice on the news page is a possibility, but an in-game black-for-mourning theme doesn't sound feasible. Neither does an in-game video (we've tried to update the video in the past, and it is not as simple as it sounds. IE: It's a custom job done only by TMyApp, so despite some of our talented video editors/creators, content made by us can't be added to that video intro).

2) The game Kam spent much of his free time trying to keep fresh with his ideas is currently in no condition to go offline for a month.

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions, though. The heart of your suggestions are remembering Kam in-game and on the forum. At this point in time, we do have forum (and facebook) notices about his passing. In-game we can work to place a notice as well. It's a possibility.
yes, thats what i meant
the scrolling news prior to the intro video of the game
that would suffice
sorry for the confusion
Old 11-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #41
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

I haven't been on lately. Just heard about the news today. Sad to see him go like that. At age 24 he has life full a head of him. I don't know the guy on the personal level but he seem like a cool guy to talk to with little time that I have with him. Even when his health was deteriorating he wanted to help the community as much as he can. He left a mark on this community that's for sure. My condolences to the family. You'll be missed, especially the SFO community. R.I.P

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:14 AM   #42
Bob~Marley4004
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 16
Bob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura about
Visit Bob~Marley4004's Facebook Visit Bob~Marley4004's Twitter

So sorry to hear about him. My prayers are with him and his family.
Bob~Marley4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #43
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

That is so sad to hear.
Didn't know Kam very well but he was always respectful and kind to everyone. We need more people like not, not less.

Rest easy brother. Wish his family all the best.

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #44
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3099
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

Did say in the shoutbox I was gonna visit the gravesite a few weeks back right?

Maybe I came too soon, grounds keeper said the ground needs to settle in before the tombstone can be sit in place... but here is something for you guys.

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)

Last edited by SolidSnake76; 11-28-2015 at 02:31 PM.
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:41 AM   #45
YoureGonnaLuvMe

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up. Nice of you to honor(-Kam-) a visit. May he rest in peace.

I did not know he died on the same day he was born . R.I.P
YoureGonnaLuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #46
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake76 View Post

Maybe I came too soon, grounds keeper said the ground needs to settle in before the tombstone can be sit in place... but here is something for you guys.
+Rep
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #47
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1469
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

My brother died on his birthday... That's wild man.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:29 PM   #48
YoureGonnaLuvMe

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough

~H~Blaze sorry to hear that man.
YoureGonnaLuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:05 AM   #49
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

at least he had a bit more time and good times with people...
my cousin died at the age of 12 from cancer.
we'd be about the same age today...

thanks for visiting his grave.
that sure makes me happy.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:14 AM   #50
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake76 View Post

Thank you.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote