SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Funeral Ever Mayhem4Lyfe Links 0 12-18-2012 06:53 PM
Funeral system4 Links 5 05-22-2008 03:18 PM
Vikings fine WR for attending funeral SolidSnake76 General 6 11-12-2007 07:48 AM
Protesters face off at ky. gi's funeral SolidSnake76 General 4 09-30-2006 08:04 PM

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 02:04 AM   #1
D.Bahki

Tournaments Joined: 4
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 518
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough
Default Final Funeral?

http://xmenvs.streetfighteronline.com/full-circle/

Taking a poll on this

Question is: let it finally die or keep it going?

Update: Operational costs are a guarantee until August. If nothing changes by then I suggested that August will be the final farewell to SFO. So enjoy until then.

.: | [ SFO - 2014 ] |[SFO Underground] | SFO Clan Arena | Blank |:.

.: | Blank | Blank | Blank | Blank |:.

Last edited by D.Bahki; 02-17-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:15 AM   #2
LiL_DRS
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 624
LiL_DRS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Final Funeral?

Hard to say, it's been an amazing run. This is part of my childhood as much as dbz and cartoons I grew up with.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #3
Shadow_Raichu

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

idk Bahki... it's kinda hard to answer that ???. If you want my opinion on the matter, i'd say we'd need more active players to help tmyapp & the operational costs with donations. Or, to be honest with you, those who got banned by BLADE during the Global Unban Event (due to not following the rules & regulations of this forum), maybe should be all unbanned (including TotalReincarnation).... cuz that part may just boost up the activity that tmyapp may be looking for. And if for those who can host in-game, instead of always playing 1vs1 fast games all the time, help those pros who cannot host and download/use teamviewer if necessary, feel me?

One thing I learned from my family is: Never Ever Give Up (even if at certain times that get really tough).

My SFO History Over the Years

IGNs: rata_03 & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF, Onslaught & Zero-E
Characters: Spider-man, Chun-li, Ryu, Cyclops
Old 02-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #4
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1172
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Now you taking what I suggested almost 4-6 years ago lol, I suggested we do it on the SFO anniversary but like everything, even that ended up being a dead topic.

This game is so dead, everything associated with it just dies too.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 02-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #5
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3099
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny~Latios View Post
Now you taking what I suggested almost 4-6 years ago lol, I suggested we do it on the SFO anniversary but like everything, even that ended up being a dead topic.

This game is so dead, everything associated with it just dies too.
your signature....

i owe you guys one last favor....

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
Old 02-17-2018, 05:15 AM   #6
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 614
LegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura about

I think this is the final curtain call. I don't know what could be done at this point. We got all the good stuff at the every end hoping for a new beginning but in all good things come to an end. Glad I got all my legendary wins recorded. Thank you Cameraman for recording all my wins!
Old 02-17-2018, 03:14 PM   #7
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1472
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Blaze is down to save it.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #8
D.Bahki

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 518
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough

The money isn’t an issue. The issue is if there is a point. The game can be saved for another 2 months but then what? Activity is still low, there isn’t anyone coming in, there isn’t anything going on. Will that change if it were to be saved over and over again?

Update: Operational costs are a guarantee until August. If nothing changes by then I suggested that August will be the final farewell to SFO. So enjoy until then.

.: | [ SFO - 2014 ] |[SFO Underground] | SFO Clan Arena | Blank |:.

.: | Blank | Blank | Blank | Blank |:.

Last edited by D.Bahki; 02-17-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:58 PM   #9
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1472
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Bahki save’s the day.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #10
KingofStreetfighter101

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 32
KingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the rough

To be honest, What else can SFO accomplish with it's current engine and current state?

In august, 17 years running with over a million users and spanning an entire generation. I'm a sucker for narratives and it's definitely hard to say this but maybe it's time to go out a SUPER loud bang, streams, events, maybe a final character or donation campaign and have SFO leave the way it started... with an amazing legacy.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:36 PM   #11
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
LegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura about

I agree with king.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #12
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofStreetfighter101 View Post
To be honest, What else can SFO accomplish with it's current engine and current state?

In august, 17 years running with over a million users and spanning an entire generation. I'm a sucker for narratives and it's definitely hard to say this but maybe it's time to go out a SUPER loud bang, streams, events, maybe a final character or donation campaign and have SFO leave the way it started... with an amazing legacy.
NAH. LET SFO DIE ON ITS ANNIVERSARY

TMY SHOULD RELEASE A STAND-ALONE DESKTOP VERSION (for nostalgic reasons only)

then while SFO is dead and Gone, a few rouge staff members and people down to help should build a new engine from the ground up and create an OFFICIAL REAL SFO 2.0.

THEN & only THEN can SFO LIVE ON. If this current SFO dies and we create a brand new one from its ashes, one coded now that can last another 17 years (even if its spread thin like it has been for the past few years)

BECAUSE AINT NO ONE WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME AT THIS CURRENT STATE.

THE COMPETITION (other SF games) > SFO Legacy version (That’s what I call this SFO)

if we really all love SFO and it’s been apart of our lives and ish, then we should let it die. SFOs time has been over for a while, I know we can keep the game online for a while but why put money towards that? when we can use that money and pay people (even ourselves) to code a new better game.

Last edited by LuXv; 02-18-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #13
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1172
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Just saying...When I got back and it seemed like SFO really might be alive again. (when John was here working around the clock). I was ready to do host some big tournies with money prizes (not sure why that wasn't even enough) & to do some lit, Yipes-like commentating on live streams.

If anything, and anyone should've seen this from a mile away...Forgive me if this is too blatant btw, was that SFO 2.0 wasn't really a 2.0 at all. The announcement of a 2.0 lead many people to stick around, but the end product just wasn't good. Me personally I thought it was gonna be the long awaited revamp of SFO: New servers (most important), accompanied by bug squashes and the like. I asked for a realistic cost of what it would take for a true 2.0, but none could be provided. This community has already raised THOUSANDS to keep this game alive, so investing for a new restructuring of the game wouldn't be a hassle at all.

P.S At this point I think what's really needed is dedicated personnel who could revamp this game, I've seen a ton of indie games, founded by a single person that are much larger than SFO with a much smaller fanbase than we once had. We could easily do better.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 02-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #14
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

I agree 100%, instead of all those server cost to keep a dying game alive for a few more months we could have easily used that money to make a new engine.

By "we" I mean the Red's and people who have any special access to the game.

I FEEL LIKE if SFO 2.0 wanted to be a reality like we all wanted it to be, we would have found a better solution rather than trying to put bandaids on a broken game.

I still have hope that one day a True SFO 2.0 will be a reality, with a BRAND NEW MODERN ENGINE.
We know the members and Staff are loyal to this game I'm 100% sure all of us (who are still here) wouldn't mind SFO being offline indefinitely until we can make a better product for our fans, supporters and new comers alike.

We have the resources to make this a reality, but that was never the problem...

Old 02-19-2018, 02:13 AM   #15
|ChimpY|

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 26
|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about

Just put it to bed...not like we log on like the old days and seeing great fighters like da vipa metal ken, life and lots others that you look forward to fighting..I log on and there is no 1..just end the madness but keep the forum
Old 02-19-2018, 03:07 AM   #16
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like

The problem was who was going to actually build the thing up again. SFO at this point has no choice but to start on a new plateform the game dont sync at all, and the lag green ping seem like it made it worse.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #17
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLucci View Post
The problem was who was going to actually build the thing up
That wasn't the problem. We have/had members both staff and not with the ability to help code this game up from ground zero.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #18
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 180
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

The genre as a whole isn't very popular anymore especially in this generation. Gonna apologize in advance since I know people will be upset with what i'm about to say. The game was always broken and will stay broken. Its a uphill battle trying to get new players to find this game with little to no advertisement and when there are new players what they find is a broken game where their attacks don't register on their screen.

I respect the hell out of TMyAPP/ Bahki and all of you who have supported this game because of the great memories the game has brought and it deserves a better seeing off than just a 30 countdown till doomsday but I can't see any situation where the game comes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
I agree 100%, instead of all those server cost to keep a dying game alive for a few more months we could have easily used that money to make a new engine.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I was always under the impression that this was TMy's little project and he would never hand over the reigns fully over to anyone. Also you're downplaying how much time/effort would go into a swapping SFO to a new engine. It's just not that easy nor is it worth it with the level of activity.

--------------------------------------------------------

Old 02-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #19
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkios View Post
Quote:

Correct me if i'm wrong but I was always under the impression that this was TMy's little project and he would never hand over the reigns fully over to anyone. Also you're downplaying how much time/effort would go into a swapping SFO to a new engine. It's just not that easy nor is it worth it with the level of activity.

This is his Project.
True.
Im not down playing it, just showing the possibility, I know its obviously easier said than done; Also I'm not trying to "swap" SFO into a new engine (re-read my posts).

I agree the level of activity is low, but it won't increase without a new game/engine.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #20
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 180
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is his Project.
True.
Im not down playing it, just showing the possibility, I know its obviously easier said than done; Also I'm not trying to "swap" SFO into a new engine (re-read my posts).

I agree the level of activity is low, but it won't increase without a new game/engine.
Not trying to turn this into an argument but you saying we have the resources is absolutely false and that's where i'm disagreeing.

--------------------------------------------------------

Old 02-19-2018, 07:57 PM   #21
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is his Project.
True.

Not trying to turn this into an argument but you saying we have the resources is absolutely false and that's where i'm disagreeing.
I’m not trying to argue as well, but we “DID” have the resources, believe it or not. By resources I mean people with the knowledge to code a new game and even people to learn how to, for the sake of SFO.

so from your perspective it might seem “absolutely false” but form my perspective and what I know and seen, it is not false.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:49 AM   #22
Warmor

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
Warmor is an unknown quantity at this point

I think a big part of new people not joining is because people can't run the game, When I load up the game on download version and web version is hard to get it working. I also try to advertise and get people to play it but people cant seem to get the game up and running.

<span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>Created by: TremulantX</span>
Old 02-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #23
Shadow_Raichu

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmor View Post
I think a big part of new people not joining is because people can't run the game, When I load up the game on download version and web version is hard to get it working. I also try to advertise and get people to play it but people cant seem to get the game up and running.
Yea man, i agree with you on this. Why? because as tmyapp mentioned on icq at 1 point. There's a possibility as to why activity is not increasing because there are those who can't afford new PCs or laptops or Mac book devices. Also, leading to that, finding a job in certain industries is a lot harder than it looks. To pay up loads of cash to afford something brand new is not as easy to deal with.

Then again, i hope i am wrong of this point. Even if they manage to get their SFO up and running, they may experience internet issues or PC/laptop problems on their systems preventing them from logging onto the game.

Finally, like I said in my other post... bring back the Global Unban Event for those who were banned by Blade, then we shall see...still idk.

My SFO History Over the Years

IGNs: rata_03 & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF, Onslaught & Zero-E
Characters: Spider-man, Chun-li, Ryu, Cyclops
Old 02-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #24
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

The problem is with the game not people who can't afford a pc/mac.

How would we even target people who don't have a PC to play this game?

Once again, the problem is with the Game, specifically the Engine. Thats the root, everything else is just branches, and some leaves.

Activity didn't increase (or stay for long) because of the GAME, period. We can go on for hours and dozens of posts as to why or how; but lets not drift away from the threads main purpose.

A "Poll" (which should have been added with the original post) on to weather this game should continue to be on life support for what ever reason or put out of its misery.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:46 PM   #25
system4

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 116
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmor View Post
Hey Warmor,

As far as the web version, have you tried the web version at this link?

http://xmenvs.streetfighteronline.com/web-version/

If so, what problems are you facing??

This goes for anyone else that tried the web version.

Closed Thread