SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
P3 and P4 Rematch Options. MEGA_DRACOS_XRL New Features 1 07-18-2012 04:40 PM
network luis000 Members Help Center 11 05-09-2007 08:19 PM
New vs. options ZERO~GS New Features 12 04-07-2007 12:15 AM
Mysticgaming network™ EvilAkuma Links 35 09-20-2006 12:30 AM
Network hugovaz Members Help Center 6 08-06-2006 06:06 AM

Old 10-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #1
(=SOUL=)
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
(=SOUL=) is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The network options

Ok seriously ive seen this things since 03 from when i started playing and i dont understand half of what they can do and i think most of us dont understand either. So can someone please xplain to me what these things actually do and how they can benefit a player

Old 10-28-2006, 04:53 PM   #2
(-SpideyKing-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 359
(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough

Im with u i dont knw what most of those thing mean eitha so yer someone explain =)

WWT3 1st Place Champion
(-SpideyKing-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:56 PM   #3
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

I've wondered some of that stuff for soo long,.. but I can help you a little:

I'm behind a Firewall or a Proxy = let's you connect/not connect to servers,.. it basically talks its way thru.

The Port thing, that's mainly used for PORT FORWARDING, with Routers. It may also be used to connect to others game,.. as long as y'all hav same port.. or yo CAN ocnnect to theirs.

PUBLIC IP = Where it says AUTO,.. that's where your IP goes that you can find from "start>run>cmd>ipconfig/all"
LOCAL IP = That's the one you find on yoru Router Page.

Error correction is obvious,.. I dont' even know why that's an option.. (But I don't think we CAN shut it off thou)

Sync Hyper Moves = makes teh game smoother.. again same thing as above.

lag compensation = makes the game smoother.. if you have a slow comp, then hit slow,.. if you have a nice comp then use HIGH..

Slow COnnection mdoe is obvious..

Old Connection mode = Hit that if you wanna play with Firewalls on..

I hope that answered everything.
i'm soryr for typign poorly but i'm in a hurry to get off,.. I just wanted to help a bit before leaving.. ;]

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
(=SOUL=)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(=SOUL=) is an unknown quantity at this point

O thanks that xplained alot.

One last big Favour. Could someone tell me the best settings to generate the least amount of lag
Old 10-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

Sure.
Music: OFF!
Background: OFF
Disable Dashing
Use the Minimized Window

Andd.. try not to use any other programs while playing.. they make your computer run slow.

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
Coor
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Coor is an unknown quantity at this point

when I minimize the window there is less lag and the game is faster for me. So I like it smaller.
Coor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #7
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

the back button brings you to the menu
use d/l version for faster performance as well
Old 10-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 114
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Error correction is obvious,.. I dont' even know why that's an option.. (But I don't think we CAN shut it off thou)
Error Correction is dealing with the network packets (messages)... Basically Error Correction deals with TCP/IP code... instead of UDP, because UDP loses more packets than TCP..

system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #9
DMXRyu
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DMXRyu is an unknown quantity at this point

Helpful With What Asshole Said
DMXRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #10
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I'm behind a Firewall or a Proxy
Basically a PROXY is anther server on which you log on to have your internet connection. so unless you get a special internet connection i doubt you to ever need this. but if you're behind a frewall it's the same purpose so unless you have special internet connection or have a firewall installed on your achine. there is no need for you to check this on, it doesn't change your SFO experience in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]PORT :
These are if you are behind a firewall or proxy, you need to change the ports that your PROXY or FIREWALL let you use otherwise there will be problems and you won't be able to log in to the game or play at all. again this doesn'T change anything to your SFO experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]PUBLIC IP
left to AUTO in order for SFO to determine your INTERNET IP all by itself. but sometimes it doesn'T work and people have to type in their own IP ADRESS here in order for it to work. but usually letting it to AUTO makes SFO works like a charm. like the rest this doesn't affect your SFO experience. it is mainly just for you to make the game works if it wasn't before !

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]LOCAL IP
This is the thing your router needs in order to send the right information to the right computer on your network.
this is needed after port forwarding if you are behind a router. your computer have 2 addresses, one over th einternet, and one over your own network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Error correction
As mentionned i don't know why this is an option...
this might change your sfo experience a bit. but i'm not sure.
what this is... it is the code that disable the message, OUT OF SYNC.
we had that lots of times because we didn't have the code to make sure the connection is still working between players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Sync Hyper Moves
Ok this could actually helps you out of lag situation. turning this off might helps but i'm not sure !
what this does is when a super is detected, the game is forced to do a synchronization with the other player, forcing a stop in gameplay for you to make sure you see the supers. that's why most of the time it is better to have this on, because it cmakes sure you see the supers that is coming your way. unfortunetly it also seems to cause some more lag ! so turning this off might makes you look like you have more lag when it surely helps against it. play with this to have more info ont he matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]lag compensation
Ok i'm totally sure what this is either, but i think that what sshole said is quite true. then again i think it is more of a way to make you see which is more likely. because i thnk it is the way lag is dealt with on your end. so if you are able to play well in low then put it on low and if you are able to play at high play it high ! really this option is al a mater of taste if you ask me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Slow COnnection
well this seems like not doing much if you ask me, i played on both on and off and i didn't see much of a difference. but slow connection mode is for those who have under connections, things like 56k should have this turned on ! while cable people should have this turned off. i tryed both on and off with both my old 56k connection and my new ADSL connection and i didn't see much differences between both, but again play with it and see for yourself what is better !

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Old Connection mode
Ok old connection mode is the netcode we had back in XMvsSF time. this is before SFO, some people use to think the old mode was better then the recent mode which came in about some times before SFO came up. again this is all a matter of tatse, check and play it and then uncheck and play it again see for yourself which is better.

seeing how many of the things here are just a matter of tatse i would actualy throw out some of them just to make room !
hope this helped ya understand more about this... this might not be any more help then what asshole as aready told you but then again most of us including the old timers do not really know what this is !

wonder if...
HTTP://WWW.STREETFIGHTERONLINE.COM/VERSION
has the information we seek !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:30 PM   #11
silver-assassin

Post Thanks / Like
silver-assassin is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice Information Karma,Im sure I could benefit from this.
KQTC2- 3rd Place
Redemption-Top 8
SFL3-Division Finals(Aqua)
silver-assassin is offline   Reply With Quote