SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7 long years SolidSnake76 General Comments & Strategies 79 04-03-2010 02:38 AM
New years! Zpower General 15 12-29-2009 03:21 PM
Sfo, six wonderful years. Sephirothx1000- General Comments & Strategies 26 05-06-2009 05:43 AM
30 years of animation Nas General 12 10-12-2005 09:40 AM

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
TarkanX
[ M.I.A. Staff ]

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
TarkanX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 years....

Forgive me if a topic similar to this has been made, if there has, then you have the will to delete this one.

I know I don't come here much (maybe I'll pop in to see what's up once every 3-4 months or so), but I just had to come and force myself here today; this anniversary is very important to this site and even to me. I remember when this game was in its early stages, with people criticizing the game, saying it was unfinished and wouldn't last long... the man behind the game proved that wrong and stomped it into the ground. He has made the critics second-guess what they said, and has made this game into one of the most successful online-created games of all time. TMyApp, Lefty, the staff... all of you are people who represent what it means to do the unexpected, and to keep going forward, even the there are many obstacles along the way.

This website has made me better at being more analytical in what ever I am doing and has made me gain more confidence from when I started. When I first came to this site, my confidence wasn't very high... if I was at a plateau, there was usually someone else that was higher, even if I tried my best; It was a very big moment for me when I got first place in the first ever rankings and won Tournament of Champions I. If there was a time where I felt down, I could always look back and see what I had accomplished, just from this game.

If you have the endurance to keep going, then please do. What you have done has easily surpassed what others even attempted to tried. You might not realize it, but you have changed lives, for the better.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
DrunkenMasta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
DrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the rough

glad to here you took the time to come back...well...we appreciate you hear....stay in touch with the forum
Old 08-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #3
XxOmny_SakuraxX
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
XxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome bak Tarkanx and nice history ture 1 two Lets do party for 5th Birthday

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How proud would the buildings of rome look like without a single stone?</td></tr></table>
Old 08-06-2006, 11:15 PM   #4
silver-ken
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
silver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished road

Ncie and sup tark
Old 08-06-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

Hm? Tarkans return? Go figure...

Yes, a good 5 years it has been (though I've only been around for about 4).

Anyway, welcome back :']

And of course, we'll do our best to keep SFO alive

WITHOUT YOU... Yaya I'm kidding

Old 08-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #6
Evil-Blanka
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 79
Evil-Blanka is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang Tarkan man that was deep. Its good to see a mod Talk to the community in a Encouraging way. Thanks man because your words could bless some one.

Thanks feross for being a great gfx master qand making me this
Old 08-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #7
jasonthekidd11

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
jasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enough

People are always saying its just a game but through this "game" we havfe made a family friends rivals tounraments and so much more

WE've been running since 01 and we'll keep running till the spirit of sfo dies (which will never happen )

Also Thanks for coming on hopefully we'll see more of u
I've never talked to u but just what u have said i feel like i know what you've been throguh

7/7/7
11/11/11
Old 08-07-2006, 08:48 AM   #8
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
LegacyofKain is an unknown quantity at this point

As a community we sure have gone through alot since 01,we've grown and so as the game,i've been lucky to see most of it's history starting with the first character event, night of the sentinels,which introduced sentinel

With his lag he was truly unstopable lol but since then we've seen more wacky and wild fighters come along,each simingly aimed at being better than the last.
Unfortunatly along the way there have been set backs like the incident with marve|.....but even that couldn't stop Tmyapp and the staff from carrying this project on.

We've also had some good times,one such event involving Mr Pegasus and his infamous clones and tournaments such as the WT and world warrior series.

We've all got stories of how we made friends and rivals,but all told thats whats made the community,not just in game but here on the forum as well.

I don't really carry as much much weight when i say this but,it's thanks to us all that all those years ago ×menvsf becamse a success and was reborn under the name of SFO and continues to shine.
Of course though the staff are just as important than the community were,because without there support and without Tmyapp we wouldn't even have a game to play.

So,Happy 5th bday SFO lets hope and pray we get another 5 years

rock on

Old 08-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #9
(Legend)
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
(Legend) is an unknown quantity at this point

nice speech
Old 08-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #10
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Good to see u back and wealthy TarkanX =) As u can tell few of us had changed =) So aswell as the games. We had a biggest events which was DWX First Strike, we hope to see Second Strike as well, which is coming later on(unknown). Their much more install for us =) Hope to see u again TarkanX =)

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

Old 08-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #11
abc123test
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
abc123test is an unknown quantity at this point

5 years man thats along time >_>

welcome back tarkan

><_~RoYaL S.~_Stick with the plan Stay with the clan><
Old 08-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #12
Klens
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 66
Klens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enough

Strong Words From A Strong Member Nuff Said...
Old 08-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #13
(~Warrior~)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(~Warrior~) is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome back, TarkanX!

^^- Thanks Brother Genecide
Old 08-07-2006, 11:36 AM   #14
Cwing

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2648
Cwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the rough

Uhh, i don't think he's going to come back.

But anyway, very nice words, Tarkan.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #15
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

MARIOOOOO!!
You stopped by!!! ;]

Damn, We got TarkanX and even abc123test back.., I wonder who's going to show up next! ;]

Anyway, whatever tarkan just said.. is DAMN true. This game has also kePt my head up. It HAS made me a better person (even outside the game). I have learned so much from this game, and from the people. I have SERIOULSY leaned not to give up even in the outside World.
So.. much.love to you Tarkan for that! ;]

hope all is well with you bro, and hope it stays well too.
And with everybody else.

-zora

=[
Old 08-07-2006, 01:37 PM   #16
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

Iam here xD

SFO is a nice game. TMy is working hard on it and he made something very good.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #17
(-KIllA13-)
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 98
(-KIllA13-) is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats SFO, for 5 successful years. Let us appreciate the good thats come out, and stay tuned for the good of the future. ;D

Y
Old 08-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #18
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (chicken_wing @ Aug. 07 2006,06:36)]Uhh, i don't think he's going to come back.

But anyway, very nice words, Tarkan.
Knowing him....probably not.

But hey Tark. Awww, the memories...

No really. DO ET.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #19
DanHibiki
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DanHibiki is an unknown quantity at this point

that was beautiful tarkan *Crys* they seriously need a cry sprite on the forums.

Rock on SFO

Old 08-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #20
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
gieandfer is an unknown quantity at this point

i still remember when i started playing...

good times... were did it all go

Old 08-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #21
Jakelynch
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 15
Jakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enough
Visit Jakelynch's YouTube

It's still here gie. It's just all the lovely people who made it happen are all but forgotten. =D

A few nonetheless. But SFO won't die unless we let it, or a company comes in for a stupid reason. But like XvsSf, Tmy would most likely "surprise" us again with another.

As long as we want it, we can get it, indefinately. We have nice people who can make it happen. But we have to want it.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #22
JohnnyBlaze
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
JohnnyBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Daaamn...
people are coming back eh?
Old 08-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #23
Jakelynch
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 15
Jakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enough
Visit Jakelynch's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug. 07 2006,16:16)]Daaamn...
people are coming back eh?
Most likely just for the reunion.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #24
EvilAkuma

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
EvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura about
Visit EvilAkuma's YouTube

heh, guess who's back

5 years doesn't seem long, maybe another 5 years will.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #25
luis000
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
luis000 is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome back

Closed Thread