SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
so like.. a discovery(2 me and maybe othas) MegaDarkness RaNdOm iNsAnItY 20 04-03-2009 07:39 AM
Tv Channels. -SupremeRYU- General 15 01-08-2009 04:16 PM
New Discovery (!_Isolated-King_!) RaNdOm iNsAnItY 19 10-10-2007 05:23 PM
Discovery on delay SolidSnake76 General 0 07-03-2006 11:54 AM

Old 08-14-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default A Liger Rant about Discovery and History Channels

Ok I have got to get this off my chest because this has been something that's annoyed me for a few years now. It wasn't always like this I use to sit and enjoy Discovery and the History Channel and hell Ill even throw Animal Planet in there because they've done stuff too that they pass off as real.

First ill go off about the History channel. Here is a channel I loved to watch in the 90's and was actually educational. A typical documentary or story run on this channel is now mostly about space aliens or ghosts. That's right they have jumped into the idiocy that the space aliens have built everything in our past so they make a 2 hour long special to explain their theory's that were already disproved well before them. The one being "How could they have made such perfect measurements it must be space aliens"

Here's a clue there is a reason its called the "Stone Age" because they were freakin good with "stone". It irks me that they can sit here and throw out any of the scientific facts over the past few decades that prove how they built things. No instead they just make up stories about space aliens so they can raise their ratings on a channel that's been proven to have higher ratings when they show something actually educational.

Now I have to talk about the Discovery channel and there things. At least History channel says its all theory or fake with a disclaimer at the end. What does Discovery do? they just put a disclaimer that some of it was dramatized by actors and in no way say its all a face mocumentary that shows no real evidence or proof of anything. They have turned their shark week into a Sci Fi channel reject movie.

It wasn't always like this in fact its proven when they were educational they averages 11.0 on the nelson ratings and now they average 4.5 which they say is their highest rated show ever. They air episodes about Megalodon that are completely fabricated and tried hard to pass it off as real until fans started screaming at them and they replied "well maybe some of it was over exaggerated" and they continue to pass themselves off as TV's #1 non fiction channel.

Now they again has a sequel that's right a sequel to the Megalodon episode and its titled "Megalodon: The New Evidence" and again they are trying to say its alive and well out there with no actual proof what so ever. Not to mention their interviews with real scientists are getting thrown into these fake stories.

This is just an example of a real scientist being tricked.

Quote:
Davis was shocked to find that his interview aired during a 2013 Shark Week special called Voodoo Shark, which was about a mythical monster shark called "Rooken" that lived in the Bayous of Louisiana. The "other filming" his interview was combined with featured a Bayou fishermen, and the clips were edited together to make it seem like a race between his team of researchers and the fishermen to see who could catch the mythical voodoo shark faster. In reality, Davis was barely asked about the voodoo shark at all. His answers from unrelated questions were edited together to make it seem like he believed in its existence and was searching for it.

The full article for that can be found here

http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/201...week_show.html

But it just further proves my point that its now become a reality show. There are over 400 species of sharks in the water and 1000's of things we are still learning about them and for some reason Discovery acts like its out of ideas and runs these shows that they swear are 100% fact. The fact is you are no longer TV's number 1 Non-Fiction show. That's right you have become what you hated in the past you are now the Sy Fy channel. When you have shows called MegaShark: Extra Sharky you are right there with Sharknado.

I mean seriously you might as well just say its all fake and enjoy the reality show BS we do to try and scare you. The other thing that pisses me off is they now lie about actual shark facts. Sharks do not kill that many people per year yet Discovery is saying they kill more people a year than car accidents which is not true at all. You have a better chance of being killed by a snake than you do a shark attack.

Then there was that mocumentary about the "Mermaids" which was also completely fake and yet I still get people today that argue with me about it. 74% of viewers thought all these things were real. I don't even want to talk about the Mermaid one anymore its stupid, its fake, and it should have a disclaimer at the end.

What do you guys think about all of this do you agree with me?
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: A Liger Rant about Discovery and History Channels

yet you continu to watch it just in case it turns back...

historia has NCIS so im fine with my history channel just because of that one.

tell yourself that its far worse over here... we're being swarmed with selling or repairing shows, auction wars. and how to treat your animals. its like real life television has taken a hold of everyone ! its awefull how much television has sunk over th eyears.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
yet you continu to watch it just in case it turns back...

historia has NCIS so im fine with my history channel just because of that one.

tell yourself that its far worse over here... we're being swarmed with selling or repairing shows, auction wars. and how to treat your animals. its like real life television has taken a hold of everyone ! its awefull how much television has sunk over th eyears.

Actually I stopped watching them after last year the only reason I started ranting was because I saw advertisements for reruns of these shark week episodes and it was advertised as being fact. That's what set me off I actually stopped watching them its just when im flipping channels ill sometimes catch a piece of something like on the history channel its always space aliens or ghosts. Then I keep flipping channels.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Yeah I watch the Sharkweek last year and saw "Megaldon", and "Mermaid" aswell. Both of them shown fake footages to get more ratings. The part where it shown a whale in the shore being eaten, i quickly went on youtube and debunk it as fake, same with meramid, it shown skeleton of the mermaid but infact it was half monkey head and half lower fish, they also shown a footage showing a quick glimpse of an mermaid, it was also fake. Even though they are fake, I still enjoy watching it though, it got that entertaining value.

I'll be watching Sharknado 2 over the weekends. Although the movie is a joke I still find it funny to see people being attacked by a flying sharks.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #5
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 27
Vegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the rough

I mostly agree with you, although many times when I check what the History channel is offering it's either something about Hitler or Jesus, and even the facts the present about those historical figures are questionable.
Do you feel this way with National Geographic?

Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
JY-Gully
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 356
JY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished road

Tryna dumb us down with mermaid documentaries and Miley Cyrus
JY-Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #7
blockattack
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

You talk about New Orleans' one and only shark .. and I'll ban you.. -_-

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #8
JY-Gully
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 356
JY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished road

I'm sure the next documentary going to be of the art of twerking
JY-Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #9
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

This has been happening for a long time now.

America's getting dumber and these channels need to make money.