Today's Birthdays KingofCrap General 19 09-12-2007 04:35 AM

Old 11-29-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default bruce lee vs today

it just occured to me that November 27th is the birthdate of martial arts icon, Bruce Lee and if hes still with us, he wouldve been 73 years old

it is widely considered that Lee is the father of modern day mixed martial arts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0IGPLXOK_I

which made me wondering...if hes still with us and in his utmost "prime," who do you think would give him a good challenge with today's modern-day elite fighters?

vs. floyd mayweather? steven segal? anderson silva? tony jaa? donnie yen? or even JCVD?

how do you think he would fair with these modern real-life martial artists?

bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
ItachiForever

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: bruce lee vs today

utmost prime eh.....I am not certain. There are too many things to factor in a actual fight. Then I would have to find out when it was considered the current guys prime. So I would like to keep it dead legend > than the greatest living out of respect. Bruce Lee.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1643
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube
Default Re: bruce lee vs today

I doubt anyone could have given him a run, he trained so many of today's martial artists he would most likely have been their sensei .
At the time of his death he was trying to organise a fight in the ring with Mohammed Ali . Now that would have been something to see!

I do like Donnie Yen's style though, probably the most similar to Lee's. The others are all such different styles it would be hard to say.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

I have to give it to bruce lee... unfortunately most legends today never had a real fight. and by that i mean a real life street fight. unlike lee who were seeking fights int he street in order to improove.

but if i was to say, i'd say Tony Jaa would be a good deal, hes a real one and has fought real fights on numerous ocassions, but im not sure they were ever street fights. i'd say Jason Statham could give him a good fight too, but im not too sure. Jet li said it himself that most mma fighters would probably rape him if he ever get into a real fight. so hes out. jackie chan could give a good fight too, as he fought real fights too.

aside from those, lack of info makes it really difficult for me to determines.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Mayhem4Lyfe
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 57
Mayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura about

bruce lee over them all without a doubt.....
Mayhem4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
I have to give it to bruce lee... unfortunately most legends today never had a real fight. and by that i mean a real life street fight. unlike lee who were seeking fights int he street in order to improove.

but if i was to say, i'd say Tony Jaa would be a good deal, hes a real one and has fought real fights on numerous ocassions, but im not sure they were ever street fights. i'd say Jason Statham could give him a good fight too, but im not too sure. Jet li said it himself that most mma fighters would probably rape him if he ever get into a real fight. so hes out. jackie chan could give a good fight too, as he fought real fights too.

aside from those, lack of info makes it really difficult for me to determines.
i agree with this completely. But is Jason Statham in the same league as Jaa, Jackie and li? i don't follow him so i dunno.
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #7
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6357
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

I actually chuckled you listed Mayweather. Lee would play with him like a movie character.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

well, not really, although theyre both from different disciplines, mayweather has perfected the art of the sweet science when you compare boxing during the crude old english era...

i believe bruce also practiced boxing, along with fencing and other different forms of martial arts and IF they were to spar strictly on boxing, i think floyd would give him a good challenge

its not like floyd would just stand in front of him(bruce) as the same as those guys bruce demonstrated his one-inch punches

now, looking at the awards and accolades bruce lee has received...

...most of which are recognitions, posthumous awards and/or memorials, which baffles me because, again, although, hes a master/teacher of his discipline, he has never won an award in a certain competition(?)

yes, as a youth, he was involved in street fights including that one controversial match with Wong Jack Man, but theres no recorded competition of his or tournaments won, most of which were public demonstrations

i respect bruce lee as a martial arts icon, but without a recorded proof of how he actually fought, we would never know how he would compete with today's modern elite fighters, which is the reason i created this thread

Last edited by bloodpack; 12-02-2013 at 08:21 AM.
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #9
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

You dont understand i think, bruce lee would never participate in a "just boxing" match.
hes the kind to think that only a real no hold barrel fight can satisfy the need to understand the others.

its understanding thru fights.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #10
Juzie

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 157
Juzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the rough

Mayweather: In a boxing match, Mayweather easily. In a mma fight, Bruce Lee.

Seagal, Yen, Jaa, Li, Statham, Chan: Never really seen them fight in a real fight. Mostly from movies that are acted out to portray them as badass fighters. I'm not sure if you guys really want to base it off of that lol

Anderson Silva: With both of them in their prime, I'm sure Silva would win. That's given if Bruce Lee doesn't learn how to fight off his back, in the clinch, or fend against submissions. That said, Bruce Lee was a genius of his time so who really knows if he could or couldn't learn.
Juzie is offline   Reply With Quote