SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

View Poll Results: Which character makes your game lag the most - Game lag
Ryu & Ken 5 20.83%
Sakura 1 4.17%
Chun li 0 0%
Spiderman & Akuma 5 20.83%
Cyclops & Sentinel 10 41.67%
Wolverine 1 4.17%
Iron Man 0 0%
Bison 0 0%
Juggernaut 2 8.33%
Onslaught 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iceman In Game Character? Kim-Kam New Features 12 11-01-2010 01:32 PM
Which Character makes you game lag Yeshua»Hamashia General Comments & Strategies 3 08-26-2008 10:02 PM
Who do u think is the best character in dis game tinoir General Comments & Strategies 35 07-28-2006 03:15 AM
The weakest character in the game is....... the fvd General Comments & Strategies 47 07-15-2006 11:57 AM

Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
Yeshua»Hamashia
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Yeshua»Hamashia has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: Which character makes your game lag the most

Which character makes your games the slowest.

---I apologize for the double thread I was trying to make this a poll. Anyways block's post will be included after someone else post. To reduce avoid double posting.

----Coming people start posting.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
evil^vegeta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 105
evil^vegeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, to me it's Not Most of the time the actual "Game" nor Characters that causes slow(D) gameplay, glitches and so much more problems, alot of the problem can be within you're computer, for instance some computer's can't handle sfo, not only that but Internet connections also play a "Major" Role into the total out come of enjoying sfo, it's simple

Dial up = Terrible so don't even try

Dsl = Play's comfortable enough to enjoy

High Speed = Good Gameplay with, impressive speed's
Provided you're "CPU" has good processing speed and to handle the Mass Gameplay.

But enough of that subject, i'd say Ryu and ken
Old 08-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #3
-GameOver-

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (evil^vegeta @ Aug. 26 2008,22:29)]Well, to me it's Not Most of the time the actual "Game" nor Characters that causes slow(D) gameplay, glitches and so much more problems, alot of the problem can be within you're computer, for instance some computer's can't handle sfo, not only that but Internet connections also play a "Major" Role into the total out come of enjoying sfo, it's simple

Provided you're "CPU" has good processing speed and to handle the Mass Gameplay.

Your kidding me =/

Shotos are the cleanest characters to play or play against on the game. the one that makes me my game all jumpy is cyclop, specifically on that tornado kick...but tbh its not the characters that make the game lag, its the vindicator I think, XvsSF is clean as hell whenever I play.
-GameOver- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:08 AM   #4
evil^vegeta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 105
evil^vegeta is an unknown quantity at this point

O_o

Every Character Has a certian ammount of glitch in/on them now wheter it's shown early and/or late in the game is another story, I could have "Excluded ryu, He is perhaps the "cleanest player" hense the first playable character, But ken...oh lord where should i start @_@.

> Glitch uppercut

> Glitch Hadokens

> Kicks and so fourth, now although alot of his problems are fixed he still has a few kinks to be worked out upon more updates.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #5
-GameOver-

Post Thanks / Like
-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (evil^vegeta @ Aug. 27 2008,00:08)]O_o

Every Character Has a certian ammount of glitch in/on them now wheter it's shown early and/or late in the game is another story, I could have "Excluded ryu, He is perhaps the "cleanest player" hense the first playable character, But ken...oh lord where should i start @_@.

> Glitch uppercut

> Glitch Hadokens

> Kicks and so fourth, now although alot of his problems are fixed he still has a few kinks to be worked out upon more updates.
Lag and Glitches are two totally different things -_-

Hes talking about which character messed up your speed and game play. Ken glitches all over the place, but he doesn't slow you down...another good lagger is spiderman ...Once again, in XvsSF, hes just fine, but in other modes...*meh*...
Old 08-27-2008, 01:13 AM   #6
Yeshua»Hamashia
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ][Characters making the game lag..
Is basically a problem you will most likely only experience during TAG gameplay.

Generally, different characters will not effect you in any way during 1on1 no tag gameplay only.
Players 3 and 4 will always have this problem, or characters placed in those posistions.

It may be an assumption, that users that cannot host, will experience this.. just about every game.
Or, users that join games.

None for me..
This is what blockattack said. And I do agree.

I voted spiderman and akuma make my game lag alot.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:37 AM   #7
(EA)Sandz

Post Thanks / Like
(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough(EA)Sandz will become famous soon enough

spiderman + bison. bison not sure, he just speeds up things.

but spiderman makes everything lag, good cpu or not
Old 08-27-2008, 01:50 AM   #8
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 175
LadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the rough
Visit LadyChamp's Twitter

lol ryu i would have not picked it would have been ken but sence the the ryu and ken poll choices were the same i have no choice.

But anyways let me get to the point and say that ken has to be tho most laggy, glitchy, pain in the ass character that anyone can use excuse my language lol.

Ken is really starting to get on my nerve's with his uppercut glitches and blah blah blah ect you guys know what i mean.

Something really need's to be done about him well hes the only one i think is the most laggy.
LadyChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 AM   #9
~Fly~

Post Thanks / Like
~Fly~ is an unknown quantity at this point

For me Cyclops, Spiderman, Akuma and Ken makes hell of my game. Other are smooth and have no problem with them.

I am glad that i am not the only one with this problem.

EDIT: U shouldnt put Ryu and Ken, Cyclops and Sentinel together in poll. Ryu and Sent not slow my game, but i got lags sometimes.

I can Vote only for one option, and i wanna Vote for more.

Looks like that only Game_Over and I noticed that 1.7g was REALLY smooth.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:37 AM   #10
KingofCrap
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
KingofCrap is an unknown quantity at this point

My own experience is that the feeling of lag is most pronounced in the use of spiderman and cyclops because they can spend half the time in the air without appearing on the screen of the opponent.

Becasue of this effect, they seem to take on Bison's teleportation powers and their movements appear abrupt and uneven.

KingofCrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #11
-GameOver-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (~Fly~ @ Aug. 27 2008,02:47)]For me Cyclops, Spiderman, Akuma and Ken makes hell of my game. Other are smooth and have no problem with them.

I am glad that i am not the only one with this problem.

EDIT: U shouldnt put Ryu and Ken, Cyclops and Sentinel together in poll. Ryu and Sent not slow my game, but i got lags sometimes.

I can Vote only for one option, and i wanna Vote for more.

Looks like that only Game_Over and I noticed that 1.7g was REALLY smooth.
o_O

Well most people noticed a change from 1.7f-1.7g...but I didn't XD, I'm constantly at 40 fps
Old 08-27-2008, 04:56 AM   #12
~Fly~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (`The-Game` @ Aug. 10 2008,01:05)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (~Fly~ @ Aug. 09 2008,21:45)]I feel like 1.7f is not smooth as 1.7g was, myb i am wrong.
yeah I have the same thing, the game play isn't as smooth as the last update. a little more rigid and slower. Just a like alittle

Only problem for me.
Sorry Game_Over, i thought u are this guy =D

Anyway i got 40fps all the time too, even sometimes i got 40.333 =D

Its not about FPS.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #13
Yeshua»Hamashia
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I put some characters together because it would only let me create ten choices. Feel free to vote though, just specify which one.

Oh and Fly, I believe i get 40 most of the times. And for brawl it may go down to 37. But my game is very slow. And this doesn't let me play to my full ability so I can't play tougher opponents because I usually lose. But my startegy allows me to win after two losses. Though, I just don't wanna be bothered with all the excessive losses.Hey it might be cuz I download a lot of crap lately. I still don't think it's fair to reformat "again" just for this game. So I'm waiting on Black Friday to get me a low price on desktop computer. Then I won't have this problem. And yeah everyone is going to be getting pwned. Just like the first two weeks I had this laptop.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:35 AM   #14
~Fly~

Post Thanks / Like

For me, when I play BRAWL I still have 40fps, but my game is still slow if someone pick those characters.And as u said i cant show my full ability. But, If someone doesnt pick the characters i wright in previous post i can play my best. Myb my connection is the problem.(512/64, low upload?)
Old 08-28-2008, 07:50 AM   #15
Yeshua»Hamashia
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that's the point of this thread. For us to see why people have slow games. Well part of the reason. And to help my Lag decrease mode thread. If you havent' checked it out here's the the link.

Lag Decrease Mode
Old 08-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #16
4~LiFe
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 7
4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (-GameOver- @ Aug. 26 2008,23:53)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (evil^vegeta @ Aug. 26 2008,22:29)]Well, to me it's Not Most of the time the actual "Game" nor Characters that causes slow(D) gameplay, glitches and so much more problems, alot of the problem can be within you're computer, for instance some computer's can't handle sfo, not only that but Internet connections also play a "Major" Role into the total out come of enjoying sfo, it's simple

Your kidding me =/

Shotos are the cleanest characters to play or play against on the game. the one that makes me my game all jumpy is cyclop, specifically on that tornado kick...but tbh its not the characters that make the game lag, its the vindicator I think, XvsSF is clean as hell whenever I play.
agreed cyclops is hard 2 play against and i guess it lags a lil
Old 09-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #17
Yeshua»Hamashia
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Can we get more votes people?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:16 AM   #18
(-AirFlight-)

Post Thanks / Like
(-AirFlight-) is an unknown quantity at this point

Well for some reason Cyclops kind of makes my game lag.Then when I'm playing a Cyclops match in Tourney Server it lags more.
(-AirFlight-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #19
guitarrocker
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

I don't lag

but cyc makes me lag alot. >.< Classing Sent with cyc though is pure madness.

guitarrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #20
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 175
LadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the rough
Visit LadyChamp's Twitter

Now i would have 2 say spiderman is he slow's everyone down when you face him.
LadyChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #21
Yeshua»Hamashia
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, Spiderman really slows down my game. It's hard for me to beat a good spiderman user because of the high lag.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:29 AM   #22
~Fly~

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah big true. Spiderman slow game and a bit lags, same for Ken, but Cyclops slow game and makes very big lag, no matter if I change lag compensation. Anyways my ping is 20 on my server (if youignore lag).

@ Yeshua»Hamashia did u read my massage?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 AM   #23
Yeshua»Hamashia
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

I am on right now. If you're still willing to do the testing. then we can record observations here.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #24
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Every Shoto, Spiderman and Cyclops.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 AM   #25
system4
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3 & 5 & 6

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Cyclops is by far one of the most laggiest characters I've faced..

2nd place would have to go to Spiderman..
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote