SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Bugs and Problems report

Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
(-OpticKing-)

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
(-OpticKing-) is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ken Bug

I've noticed this has been happening not only to myself, but others as well. When using ken, every now and then when a hadouken is launched in the air it tends to fire backwards. This is a great deal of inconvience as it allows the user to receive damage and unable to counter.
(-OpticKing-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
Master08
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Master08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit Master08's Facebook Visit Master08's YouTube
Exclamation Re: Ken Bug

OpticKing iv had that alot since :/
Old 10-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
(-OpticKing-)

Post Thanks / Like
Default Re: Ken Bug

It is quite annoying, perhaps others can share their feedback or insight on this matter.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
(AK)
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit (AK)'s Facebook Visit (AK)'s YouTube

To me, it's not just ken, I was facing XLMuntiz or something like that the other day, he picked Sentinel & I picked Spidey or akuma (maybe). During gameplay, I noticed the Sentinel bubble super was moving backwards on my screen, and still got hit by it. Weird huh?
(AK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
ItachiForever

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: Ken Bug

ikr i hate that glitch. then it doesnt exactly hit ur opponent causeing me to get hit on mutiple ocassions.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

server lag glitch !
i dont think you can do anything against it, happens on every chars when projectiles are thrown.

the thing is... you throw the projectile, its cool and all, but lag makes you realise the opponent is behind you, thus your hadouken already thrown but not yet assigned a direction actually gets the direction from your opponent which is behind you. thus the projectile already on screen is looking the other way but its trajectory is going backward. simply a matter of timing here, really rare to actually see this often, but it does happen on occasion. its just a thing about how the game makes projectiles and assign its directions.

again we have been having this kind of problem for the last 5-6 years. i dont think we can solve that one with the current SFO engine. remember this is the old circa 2k1 engine.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
Master08
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Master08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit Master08's Facebook Visit Master08's YouTube
Angry Re: Ken Bug

SFO is all about LAG anyways, Its never going to be fixed [LAG]
Old 10-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
(-OpticKing-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
server lag glitch !
i dont think you can do anything against it, happens on every chars when projectiles are thrown.

the thing is... you throw the projectile, its cool and all, but lag makes you realise the opponent is behind you, thus your hadouken already thrown but not yet assigned a direction actually gets the direction from your opponent which is behind you. thus the projectile already on screen is looking the other way but its trajectory is going backward. simply a matter of timing here, really rare to actually see this often, but it does happen on occasion. its just a thing about how the game makes projectiles and assign its directions.

again we have been having this kind of problem for the last 5-6 years. i dont think we can solve that one with the current SFO engine. remember this is the old circa 2k1 engine.
Indeed it has been happening for quite some time now. However, it's not only projectiles but pertaining to supers as well. I've noticed ONLY in UNVINDICATED mode when ryu does his super, sometimes he would turn around or the beam would hit behind you prior to blocking, thus causing full damage still. All of this happens when he begins his super, his movement would get adjusted and perform another super all within the same Level 1/2/3.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #9
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
LadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the rough
Visit LadyChamp's Twitter

yeah this is a glitch thats been happening for a while now ive just learned to just ignore it but i get what you guys are saying it is quiet annoying.
LadyChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 AM   #10
((HF)Kindaru
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 970
((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about
Visit ((HF)Kindaru's Twitter Visit ((HF)Kindaru's YouTube

Well what you say is practically similar to my problem. Everytime im fighting someone and they do a special and it randomly turns around when theyre in front of you and then you still get dmg even though the special failed. When i was fighting someoness ryu dont rlly care who the name was i was right infront of him and did uppercut the dam shinkuu turned around and hit me. Same for MY ken. When i do flame ring i randomly go through the floor. Same for wolvie. When he does that lil lightning x of his for some people he usually falls into the ground and thats some really huge bs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying-FrEEman View Post
Man! I laugh so hard when i read this i probably popped a hernia, now i might lose
"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. To each, tell their own tale."- Mahiro Fuwa
<-- Definition of new everything
((HF)Kindaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #11
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

funny how you get answers but since its not th eanswer you wanna hear, you just start to ignore it.

what i said about projectiles, have you guys ever considered that it does it to every ****ing moves because all char moves are targetting players th every same way ?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #12
((HF)Kindaru
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about

But if you read my post, i never even mentioned a darn thing about projectiles. Im talking about when i do a melee special/counter shinkuu special while some1 else i fight is doing a shinkuu special before my shinkuu hits, their shinkuu turns around and i get dmg while they dont. Obviously you didnt read my post. And karma why you needa curse. YOU HAVE BEEN BAN HAMMERED!!!! Jk
Quote:
Man! I laugh so hard when i read this i probably popped a hernia, now i might lose
"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. To each, tell their own tale."- Mahiro Fuwa
Old 11-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #13
Crying-FrEEman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Crying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((HF)Kindaru View Post
But if you read my post, i never even mentioned a darn thing about projectiles. Im talking about when i do a melee special/counter shinkuu special while some1 else i fight is doing a shinkuu special before my shinkuu hits, their shinkuu turns around and i get dmg while they dont. Obviously you didnt read my post. And karma why you needa curse. YOU HAVE BEEN BAN HAMMERED!!!! Jk
Yup! I have had this happen a good few times to me as well.

Ive only had this when its Ryu vs Ryu. It goes like this .. my opponent will be doing a shinku Hadoken super and Im already cross jump over and land behind him, so the super has already been done by my opponent and now im behind him and i decide to do Shin Shouryu-Ken and then some way .. some how his super will stop then turn around facing my direction and reload another super.
Its like his doing 1 and a half supers when this happen.

Go Hard ... OR ... Go Home!

Xtreme X Clan

Need For Speed Launch Sydney 2010

Enter Sick Pick

Crying-FrEEman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #14
((HF)Kindaru
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Ty for proving my point since Karma assumed im still talking about projectiles. o.O, Appreciate the example you just sent freeman.
Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #15
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Ken just completely froze my game. >>
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #16
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

and yet kindaru you didn't read my post either.
just to let you know, may it be projectiles or moves or whatever...
the design is made that everytime you do something it checks to see where your opponent is.
when you do your move it waits for th emoves to be done otherwise you'd be doing moves that wouldn'T even connect, and once the move is done it checks and correct the direction, this is also why wolverine can berserker dash in the corner infinitely without him noticing the opponent is on the other side, you need to stop hitting keys sometimes. for the game to check back where your opponent is.

wolf: can you replicate the bug ? if not then we cannot solve something that we dont know about.
people may be saying he froze, he bugs, his move bugs... doesn'T matter if its all random, to me ken as always worked right, he never froze on me, he never bugged. if its random we cannot find the problem to begi with. if we dont find it, we can't fix it.

when you find a bug, try to replicate it, pin point wahts the problem and then we will be able to fix it, because our own testing works quite fine.

piece of advice people...
stop button mashing your keyboard trying to be the fastest man alive, that wont help you at all.
and often most then not, bugs comes from that very fact.

exemple, the block bug everyone talks about... its simply you hitting buttons while the block is in motion, making you come out of blocking state because thats what you just asked for. no bug
there, just people trying to be too fast on their keyboards.

so again, try to replicate the problem, because telling us that he freezes still doesn'T help us know where the problem is.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #17
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1172
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Well the reasons y the ken backwards glitch happens and the ryu backwards shinkuu happens are the same so ill try to answer them both to the best i can.

Ken:
Well the jumping high kick + hadoken spam that every 1 is accustomed is the main cause of it. For some reason when those moves are used together the hadoken is thrown out much faster than using just a "hadoken" alone(also ken doesnt voice his hadoken, which yall probably already know). Normally this would be the suggested way to play ken since u build levels quicker while at the same time stay aggressive, but clearly the non voiced hadoken are a glitch in themselves.

Anyway the glitch occurs when u change direction on ur screen(which would usually be jumping over the opponent or super jumping over them) and then go for a jumping hk + hadoken when done in this order all of ur "non voiced hadoken's" will be fired backwards until u do another move(dashing included, walking not). The fastest method i know of auto-correcting this glitch is to throw an immediate regular hadoken(his voiced one...), right after his non-voiced one.

Ryu:
Similar to ken's in but i dont have an exact answer its just a theory(ive studied this game for quite awhile now, and ive amassed quite a bit of "theories"). Since it only happens most of the time after u cross jump behind ur opponent doing a shinku(and only in ryu vs ryu games from what i know), its most likely caused by glitch in the ping/ pong between the two players("pong" the term freeman taught me to replace with "synch"). 9/10 the opponent who has thrown the shinkuu on theyre screen are probably still hitting the opponent, when the opponent has cross jumped on theyre screen(dont get confused by the amount of "opponents" im using). So when u go to attack the player from behind on, theyre screen it goes to translate u behind them on theyre screen but doesnt place them out side of the shinkuu, then that error in ping/pong is relayed back to the player attacking from behind to show them being hit by the "backwards shinkuu". If u dont get it now then this level might be above u atm, but for my others at a slightly more level some of u should get what im talking about...

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Shiny~Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:52 AM   #18
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

what you are talking about seems to me like just another buffering bug. and thats exactly why i want that to be removed from the game. move buffering only makes game buggy for no reasons, characters able to throw two hadouken at the same time, thats the bug you are speaking of. that can easily be answered to as not a bug to begin with. but for the sake of it all we'll say its the buffering bug.

exemple, you do a hadouken, then redo the same hadouken before the first one is done with. the second hadouken appears on your screen but doesn't on opponents screen, because it doesn'T exist. because on the opponent screen the second hadouken was rejected by the system because the first was still in affect. but on your screen you are spamming it like mad... but if they were real, you'd see the first go all the way to the end of the screen, not disappear in the middle of it.

this is buffering problems, not having a single thing about the move itself, it has with you button mashing too much and the game not following you. again slow down and that doesn't happen anymore.