SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Bugs and Problems report

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[OFFICIAL] Cajun Master Ladder xfaderx General Comments & Strategies 10 01-10-2015 10:25 AM
SUPER HUMAN STRENGTH PULL UPS - Amazing YoureGonnaLuvMe General 8 06-09-2012 05:57 PM
How to pull a tablecloth from under a place settin Iplay2winIsHere General 2 02-13-2007 06:36 PM

Old 01-06-2015, 05:16 PM   #1
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube
Default Chargin Cajun bug - The pull in bug

Hey all,

As some of you may have noticed, many SFO use 3 directions to block attacks - Backward + Forward + Down.

This technique essentially covers you at all angles from spin kick supers/ wrap around shinku hadoken glitches.

Consequently, using this method of blocking also causes a problem with Gambit & the opponent, where, when the Chargin Cajun super is activated and the opponent is using three directional blocking, the Chargin Cajun will NOT pull the opponent in towards gambit, but instead, the opponent will remain planted in the same spot that the blocking started.

However, after the Chargin Cajun has finished, and the opponent releases the blocking command, the opponent will Teleport instantly to Gambit, to the area they SHOULD HAVE been pulled in to.

This is not advantageous in any manner, as on the screen of the Gambit user, the player was pulled in, it just causes a bit of a mix up on the opponents side, and is a bit annoying.

Be on the lookout, and if you would like to be pulled in ( for whatever reason ) .. try blocking with one direction.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:16 PM   #2
LiquidSnake78

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook
Default Re: Chargin Cajun bug - The pull in bug

You should get that on vid. (if you haven't said it yet, i've skimmed the post.)

^
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #3
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

i think the problem comes from an old and i mean very very old technique that shouldn't be used anymore...

your 3 way blocking is probably the problem.
i blocked gambits charging with only my regular down back and it worked. my sentinel does the same most of the times and it still works against ryus shinkuu. now im wondering why it works for me, and supposedly not for all others... are you implying that my game is bugged but bugged in the right way ?!!

another problem i can see, is people being either unlucky or simply not doing it right...

when it comes to keyboard or anything for that matter, most of the time people think they pressed the buttons at the same times. but thats never the case. its is very very hard to press all 3 buttons at the same time. there is always one button that ends up being pressed 1 quarter of a second before the others or after the others. the problem in this comes fromt he time it takes for the program to realise the key combination. most games uses about 1 full second to buff the keys and then see whats going on. i'm pretty sure that this game is using anything from 100 milisecond to 500. since we're using the P2P method and leaving the lag as is... im thinking more of the 100 milisecond there. so if your key press was not synced right... the first two generated your block and your third key resetted your command counter, leaving you with no block at all.

mind you this is just my opinion knowing how the game mechanics actually works. because i doubt tmyapp to have used anything anywhere a real 3 way blocking method for this game. and to say thats its better to use a method not designed for, only means "your games ****edly written" that said, blocking is probably the hardest part to make work in a combat game, because your blocking as to persist thru states, while other commands simply vanish after the command timer.

even if these were true... which im not sure considering i didn't create the game, but think tmyapp is mnre then capable of implementing a real command timer in his game. im still not understanding why it works for me and not for you to hold down only down back. and if it was the case that these moves were unblockable, why aren't they used that often against me ? it would definitely make the opponent wins more often.

switching subject, the problem with recording is that you dont see the keyboard inputs of the stuff, so if the error is in the keyboard input, then you are screwed. i could record myself blocking the first hit and then getting hit again all night if you want to. but it wouldn't show you that im actually pressing another key during the input. i could record, there is a bug here all night without ever showing you how or what i did during it. and even if i do, my interpretation may just be biased cause im trying to pin it onto the game instead of myself.

videos helps, but they are nowhere near bug finding worthy.
they helps locate the bug though. in this case we know its in the block.
we probably know its in the persist state as well, cause its the only place blocking could be dropped.
why would we need a video for that ?

man if only i had the code in front of me...
i'm pretty sure there is a persist character state method or else blocking wouldn't work at all.

nah im pretty sure the problem comes the 3 way blocking method itself. not the game.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 01-07-2015 at 06:26 PM.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

I can agree. In my post I said that using one directional blocking works fine, and three way is the culprit.

But, making videos isnt even something I can do anymore

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:48 AM   #5
~Acez~
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 187
~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about~Acez~ has a spectacular aura about
Red face Re: Chargin Cajun bug - The pull in bug

1)Block Keyboard Commands:▼◄
2)Debatable Block Command: ◄ ▼ ►
Seems like this Information was very important with the recent release of Gambit seems that the Charging Cajun allows the Oponents to Switch Sides when Reacting to a Block Using Command (2)
I do agree Three Key Press Left Down and Right was the Classic OLD way to mitigate Blocks in the Classics Days.. where there were Direction Bugs with Shinkuus and Sakuras Gravity Bomb aka Ashura Senkuu Back in the Days, there are less bugs with the directional bug issues and they have been worked on very well over the recent updates, so for my recoomendation I agree with Karma and Blocky Option 1 Down Right Block Works Best 1)Block Keyboard Commands:▼◄
~Acez~ is offline   Reply With Quote