SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poor Taylor :( :( :( Killer General 38 09-17-2009 08:37 PM
Poor COFEE TABLE! W3AP0N-X Links 9 01-01-2009 02:37 AM
Poor lil Tink TInk MegaDarkness Links 0 12-11-2008 03:49 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #26
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston/Los Angeles
Posts: 911
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
gieandfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

besides if everyone was rich and succesful, then who would deliver our pizzas or mow or lawns for five dollars?
__________________

gieandfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:38 AM   #27
Roll
VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Age: 32
Posts: 146
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
Roll is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Look, the day this version of poverty even truly began, was the day that people backed the value of objects using some other substance (like gold/silver/paper/shells...). The only way this version of poverty will cease to exist, is to eliminate the system of value with paper/otherwise, and even then, another system would most likely cut loose, and a different form of poverty will rise.
That's why it's really important not to think too much into these kinds of issues: because, even though there is an answer, it's most likely one that you won't like.

And Blanka, in an ideal world, there would be no true ruler of any kind (and the elimination of a caste system would take effect). That's why I find this world to already be run by ideals, and thus, is not ideal.
__________________

Where do the dreams, and hopes, and wishes go, when you throw them all away...?
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #28
KenDaShoto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Atlanta
Age: 31
Posts: 129
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
KenDaShoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Roll @ Oct. 04 2005,3:38)]Look, the day this version of poverty even truly began, was the day that people backed the value of objects using some other substance (like gold/silver/paper/shells...). The only way this version of poverty will cease to exist, is to eliminate the system of value with paper/otherwise, and even then, another system would most likely cut loose, and a different form of poverty will rise.
That's why it's really important not to think too much into these kinds of issues: because, even though there is an answer, it's most likely one that you won't like.

And Blanka, in an ideal world, there would be no true ruler of any kind (and the elimination of a caste system would take effect). That's why I find this world to already be run by ideals, and thus, is not ideal.
yea i kinda already said all that. and why would it be smart not to think about things just because they have an unwanted outcome. if you ask me thats pretty stupid.
__________________
KenDaShoto

You see, if you evern wanted to ever be anything
There'd always be somebody that shoot down any dream
There'll always be haters, that's the way it is
Hater ****** marry hater bitches and have hater kids
KenDaShoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:14 PM   #29
blaze985
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 33
Posts: 28
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
blaze985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Roll @ Oct. 04 2005,3:38)]And Blanka, in an ideal world, there would be no true ruler of any kind (and the elimination of a caste system would take effect). That's why I find this world to already be run by ideals, and thus, is not ideal.
So, you attest that this world is not ideal due to it being ran by ideals, but your view of an "ideal world" is, in essence, your own ideal.

Needless to say - interesting.
blaze985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:38 PM   #30
KingAngel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Yea Im right there.
Posts: 217
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
KingAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Virtual Fighter @ Oct. 03 2005,8:45)]No, because the poorest person in America is still probably more wealthy than peopel in other countries.

BTW: This topic sucks.
Nuff said!!
__________________

Vote for Charlie-The original
Sfo name: KingAngel/Snake~EyeZ(I wont talk)
Aim: Wright2143
Bestfriend: Summersalt justice
Sworn enemy:Sagat
Im a grade away from dropping out and playing full time!!
KingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:42 PM   #31
Roll
VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Age: 32
Posts: 146
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
Roll is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

KenDaShoto: First of all, I never said it was a smart thing to do, I only said it was important. This, in respect, also means that it is important to think about it (due to a different perspective.. thingy..).
Look, you can argue all you want with me about the ethics of avoiding something because it's unfavorable all that you want. But in the end, the reason why people tend to complain, become depressed, angry, or sad is because they find something unfavorable to them. Furthermore, with this question, there is no true way around the unfavorable to a favorable answer. All I meant, was that it was best to avoid the thought, if you would rather be happy instead of contemplative and below.

Blaze: Right. Exactly. Because I have an ideal that also runs along in this world, this world can not truly be ideal. This simply means, however, that the world can constantly change. Don't question MY motives, thoughts, and opinions on a specific subject until you decide to voice yours out into the open in completion. Okay-nyo? ^-^
__________________

Where do the dreams, and hopes, and wishes go, when you throw them all away...?
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #32
marvel911
Super Advanced Member
 
marvel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Age: 32
Posts: 1,002
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
marvel911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Yes.
Because those who are rich, or who do not fit into the poor category, do not care. Why care about someone who has nothing, its not your fault they're like that. Everyone wants to get ahead in life and make themselves successful, they have no time to worry about a complete stranger.
Sure some of you might say something like "Baw Gawd that's not true, I do care, I help out." If that's the case, how much do you care? For how long do you care?
Honestly how many of you have seen a beggar on the sidewalk, and crossed the street to avoid him? Or if he did manage to catch you and ask for spare change, you didnt grab your big bills, you extended your hand with a few nickels and dimes, right? Then let's say you turn around and donate soup and canned food to a food bank, does that make you a saint?

So once again, there will always be poor people in this world because not enough people care. Sure it can be said over and over to give money, and donate things. But just because it's said doesnt mean people will listen. For example how many times do your parents ask you to do a chore before you finally get around to doing it?
__________________
marvel911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:20 PM   #33
caylan1234
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 30
Posts: 10
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
caylan1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

wow most of you are wrong and the rest are right but if you think people dont come to america to get poorer the come to better themselfs finacially as for the people that are already here some are disabled and a check from the government is just not enough. Like me when i was young we were poor i mean we had a house but no lights, water, gas simple utilitys we need does that make us poor no just finacially unstable reason my mother was disabled so me and my sister had to do the work now she tried but it wasent enough but to most of you that does not matter. What im trying to say is that most people what you so call are lazy are not just mentaly ill or phsically for example crack heads or drunks menatally disabled. And those how try so hard but can never seem to get anywhere there time will come. I just fell so bad for the people who live in those third world countrys.
__________________
What doesent hurt you can only make you better
caylan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #34
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Wood,
Age: 30
Posts: 4,116
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 6304
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Virtual Fighter @ Oct. 03 2005,2:45)]No, because the poorest person in America is still probably more wealthy than peopel in other countries.

BTW: This topic sucks.
your opinions sucks. back on topic
i have to go with VF on this one , when i don't have another chouice

i have a question. since america is free enterprise,and have a capitalism, how come evryone here isn't making more than 1000,000 a year
^^^
with poorest person making that?
__________________


MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:52 PM   #35
blaze985
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 33
Posts: 28
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
blaze985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Roll @ Oct. 04 2005,4:42)]Blaze: Right. Exactly. Because I have an ideal that also runs along in this world, this world can not truly be ideal. This simply means, however, that the world can constantly change. Don't question MY motives, thoughts, and opinions on a specific subject until you decide to voice yours out into the open in completion. Okay-nyo? ^-^
It isn't that the world 'can' constantly change. It, in reality, does always change. I don't question your motives, thoughts, opinions, etc. I simply pointed out the strange double-standard lying there for everyone to see.

My opinion? My opinion isn't well liked simply because it's negative. I feel that human nature is one of evil intentions, and because of that, I feel that the poor will always exist. I feel that no society on this earth will ever be "ideal" simply because men, at their very core, are evil, full of malice, and hateful. We see this every single day, and even those who are "good" in some people's eyes are still corrupt... no matter how hard they try not to be.

No one is good. No, not one.
blaze985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:55 PM   #36
caylan1234
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 30
Posts: 10
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
caylan1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

the world is hell literally the devil roams on earth because thats hell.
__________________
What doesent hurt you can only make you better
caylan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:29 PM   #37
Roll
VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Age: 32
Posts: 146
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
Roll is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

How do you know that this isn't heaven?
__________________

Where do the dreams, and hopes, and wishes go, when you throw them all away...?
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #38
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston/Los Angeles
Posts: 911
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
gieandfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Roll @ Oct. 04 2005,5:29)]How do you know that this isn't heaven?
uve gotta be kidding me. are u calling murders we see on the news every day heaven? what about the wars going on, the 9/11 attack, poverty itself on earth, terrorists in london is ur idea of heaven?
__________________

gieandfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:51 PM   #39
Nas
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New Zealand
Age: 30
Posts: 739
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 18
Rep Power: 0
Nas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

dont forget the recent bali bombing....
Nas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:58 PM   #40
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston/Los Angeles
Posts: 911
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
gieandfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

^yea. earth can be alot of things but definetly not heaven for sure
__________________

gieandfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:37 PM   #41
Roll
VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Age: 32
Posts: 146
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
Roll is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Well, when you consider that everything is simply what you make of it, and when you consider that there IS a chance that existence is only imagined, then you can think that anywhere you are IS heaven or hell. And besides, with all of the different view points, no one can truly say what is heaven or hell. Therefore, here and now, a place and time where all is controlled by the heart, can very well be heaven. And.. because of all of the people who I've come to love.. I can only imagine what any other "heaven" could truly be.
Never forget, that nothing can be something, without another thing to contrast from.
__________________

Where do the dreams, and hopes, and wishes go, when you throw them all away...?
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:42 PM   #42
Virtual Fighter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: --> East Los Angeles, California c--
Age: 30
Posts: 70
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
Virtual Fighter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

EDIT: Post erased because even I felt bad about it.



Virtual Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:54 PM   #43
ledmonkey
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: blar .......I mean blar?
Age: 31
Posts: 250
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
ledmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

<span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>It depends really if your talking on a world or more localized economic scale...techinically in the world, if you make over 5k a year...your rich...unfortunately...that would be considered poor here in America, but it is still WAY more that somebody could be making in a developing nation..

Im afraid that there will always be poor people......In capatitalism.... there will be poor people... in communism... there may be more...( unless of course true communism was achieved, and nobody would be making any money at all, but nobody would be w/o food and shelter, but that is an virtual impossible, a country has never made it past stage 3)..

You wish that there couldn't be poor people, but it unfortunately isn't that way...




.... so no..</span></span>
__________________


ledmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:42 PM   #44
KingAngel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Yea Im right there.
Posts: 217
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
KingAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Doews the expression hell on earth Help?? Were far from heaven.
__________________

Vote for Charlie-The original
Sfo name: KingAngel/Snake~EyeZ(I wont talk)
Aim: Wright2143
Bestfriend: Summersalt justice
Sworn enemy:Sagat
Im a grade away from dropping out and playing full time!!
KingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:08 AM   #45
Roll
VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Age: 32
Posts: 146
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
Roll is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

*sighs* You just don't get it..
__________________

Where do the dreams, and hopes, and wishes go, when you throw them all away...?
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #46
Virtual Fighter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: --> East Los Angeles, California c--
Age: 30
Posts: 70
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
Virtual Fighter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

But in his ignorance lies heaven, MIRITE?
Virtual Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:56 AM   #47
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston/Los Angeles
Posts: 911
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
gieandfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Roll @ Oct. 04 2005,8:37)]Well, when you consider that everything is simply what you make of it, and when you consider that there IS a chance that existence is only imagined, then you can think that anywhere you are IS heaven or hell. And besides, with all of the different view points, no one can truly say what is heaven or hell. Therefore, here and now, a place and time where all is controlled by the heart, can very well be heaven. And.. because of all of the people who I've come to love.. I can only imagine what any other &quot;heaven&quot; could truly be.
Never forget, that nothing can be something, without another thing to contrast from.
well if youput it that way then yes, earth is mixed heaven and hell. i guess your just seeing what its like so u make the right decision and choose to go to heaven.
__________________

gieandfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:20 AM   #48
mastergrim8
VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NEWYORK
Age: 29
Posts: 584
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
mastergrim8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

the world is always balanced and has to be balanced take science for example every element in compounsds are balanced
mastergrim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #49
Roll
VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Age: 32
Posts: 146
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
Roll is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Virtual Fighter @ Oct. 04 2005,3:35)]But in his ignorance lies heaven, MIRITE?
I suppose. But Bliss and happiness aren't always heavenly.. ^-^
__________________

Where do the dreams, and hopes, and wishes go, when you throw them all away...?
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:58 PM   #50
KenDaShoto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Atlanta
Age: 31
Posts: 129
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
KenDaShoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will there always be the poor

Roll: your ideals were much better stated this time. and though i dont agree still respectable. and i also get what ur sayin about the heaven or hell thing. no one can say that it is heaven or hell because everyone has a different view of heaven and hell.
Blaze: i will have to agree with you on the fact that all people are corrupt. but not all are not evil by my definition of evil. but true the world is as it is because of humans. no one is to say it would be better without humans though.
__________________
KenDaShoto

You see, if you evern wanted to ever be anything
There'd always be somebody that shoot down any dream
There'll always be haters, that's the way it is
Hater ****** marry hater bitches and have hater kids
KenDaShoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump



Bookmarks

Tags
poor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Navbar with Avatar by Kolbi