SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Members Help Center

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COLOR EDITS! dan_majorwinner RaNdOm iNsAnItY 5 06-10-2009 03:42 PM
How DO you do color EDITS? tha_best Members Help Center 3 06-05-2008 04:50 PM
One of the best funny DBZ edits. (-StarWarrior-) Links 0 06-02-2008 06:13 PM
Sfo edits smash_em955 Banners, Avatars and Images 13 08-25-2006 06:58 PM

Old 08-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
feross
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
feross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CC Edits

Since telling everyone the same thing over and over again is getting on my nerve... I will just post how to make CC Edits here, in 3 different programs.. (MS Paint, Photoshop, Hypersnap)

First, you need a program (I highly recommend Hypersnap), Hypersnap is probably the best program I have ever used for CC edits, and I decided I want to tell you guys about it...

Once you got your program.. You want to pick a Sprite and colors for it...

I will show you the steps for each program here...

MS Paint

What you want to do is open up your Sprite in MS Paint... then you want to figure out what colors you would like your character to be.. Once you have done that, you must click on the color tab (Up next to Image, View, Edit ect.) Then click "Edit Colors".

You should get a little menu once that is done...

Now what you want to do is click "Define Custom Colors".

Here is a Screen shot of what it should look like.

Now what you want to do is, pick your first color. Lets say you want red.... Click on any red you want (On the left color panel), and then all the way on the right, you should see a little bar. Once you have spotted it, you want to make your red as light as you want it (For the light colored pixels in your sprite).

Once you have figured out how light you want it... click "Add To Custom Colors".

Now, once you have added that, you want to make it a little darker, the add it to your custom colors, then darker and darker, and darker, until you think you have enough...

Now, lets say your sprite you picked is Ryu... What you want to do is pick your lightest shade of red you made, and zoom in as much as you want on Ryu. Now you should see all the pixels... What you want to do now is pick the "Fill In Tool", (The one that looks like a bucket with a tip at the end). Now, you want to fill in the LIGHTEST color on Ryu ONLY! But do not color his skin (Unless you want that the same color to). Once you are sure you have colored in all the lightest shades of Ryu, its time to move on to the next shade.

You keep doing the same thing, but get a darker shade every time, then Bam.... Your finished... Unless you want to color the skin.

The Skin is the same as the other things you colored... just get the colors and fill in..

Photoshop..

I don't know to much about CC edits in Photoshop, so I'll just tell you what I know...

Basicly, it's like MS Paint, but you can zoom up more...

You just pick the Fill In Tool, and color in the lightest shade as I said in MS Paint.

Sorry I don't know much about Photoshop CC Edits... But I'll try to learn as much as I can and post it up here...

Hypersnap..

This one is going to be one of the easiest CC Editing Programs you will ever use... This program makes me make CC Edits in 2 Minutes or under...

You can get this Trial at the link at the beginning of this thread..

Now what you want to do is pick a Sprite once again...

First I'm gonna tell you a cheap, way to easy, lazy way to make them...

All you do is click the tab "Color", Then color correction... then just play around with the Hue... I know it's kinda cheap... But Oh well O_o...

Now the other way...

Click the Color tab once again, but now pick "Substitute Colors", now another menu should come up... Click "Add"... then under Details there should be a Old Color section.... It should pick "Pick Color", then once you have done that, it should let you pick a color from your sprite... what you want is the Lightest color on what your coloring.. once you have clicked it, you want to pick a new color for it... So under New Color, there should be a color menu next to the "Pick Color" button. Once you have found that, you should get a box of colors beneath it... If you see it, click "More Colors" then start making colors like I said before in MS Paint...

Now pick the lightest color again... And replace it. Once you have done that... Click "Apply", and now all of your lightest pixels are changed... Now you just want to do the same with the rest of the pixels... and your done once again..

If you have any more question... Feel free to ask!

feross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
feross
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Some comments would be nice >.>

Old 08-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
Omega_Cannon
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Omega_Cannon is an unknown quantity at this point

Its good... and btw shiz u already know how to, don't expect it will give you some amazing info that u didnt already know.

However, im a little confused with the "second way" in hypersnap, im kind of a newb at anything but MS style -.-

And if you ARE using MS, a little tip that can save you LOADS of time is to click "edit" in the top left corner and press "undo" if you make a mistake. Be careful though, you can only go back 3 times in a row, so it might not help if your half way done with a color and realized u made a huge mistake.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #4
feross
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Add me on MSN Omega... I'll talk to ya tomorrow first thing..

Old 08-10-2007, 11:38 PM   #5
~Spidy~
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
~Spidy~ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks For the tip feross
~Spidy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #6
Alpha~Ken

Post Thanks / Like
Alpha~Ken has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Do You HAve To Pay?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #7
feross
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Nope... not for the trial..

Old 08-15-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
Alpha~Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I Know But i Cant Find It In English lol
Old 08-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #9
feross
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Weird... I gave you guys the English version..

Old 08-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #10
Alpha~Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I Download it but i cant seem to color them
nvm i found out but where do you get the sprites?

Old 08-15-2007, 01:01 PM   #11
blackneo76

Post Thanks / Like
blackneo76 is an unknown quantity at this point

does the the color i choose change the color of the character in the game?
blackneo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #12
Alpha~Ken

Post Thanks / Like

It Can Happen You Gotta Win The Contest
Old 08-17-2007, 10:17 AM   #13
feross
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else still confused, Email me at feross4@yahoo.com, or IM me at feross4@yahoo.com or on AIM dibbini13

Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #14
Alpha~Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Yo Feross I Can MAke Some Cool 1's,well to me they are go check them out in the cc contest lol
Old 08-24-2007, 03:02 AM   #15
{dark_lord}
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
{dark_lord} is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (feross @ Aug. 09 2007,13:17)]Since telling everyone the same thing over and over again is getting on my nerve... I will just post how to make CC Edits here, in 3 different programs.. (MS Paint, Photoshop, Hypersnap)

First, you need a program (I highly recommend Hypersnap), Hypersnap is probably the best program I have ever used for CC edits, and I decided I want to tell you guys about it...

Once you got your program.. You want to pick a Sprite and colors for it...

I will show you the steps for each program here...

MS Paint

What you want to do is open up your Sprite in MS Paint... then you want to figure out what colors you would like your character to be.. Once you have done that, you must click on the color tab (Up next to Image, View, Edit ect.) Then click "Edit Colors".

You should get a little menu once that is done...

Now what you want to do is click "Define Custom Colors".

Here is a Screen shot of what it should look like.

Now what you want to do is, pick your first color. Lets say you want red.... Click on any red you want (On the left color panel), and then all the way on the right, you should see a little bar. Once you have spotted it, you want to make your red as light as you want it (For the light colored pixels in your sprite).

Once you have figured out how light you want it... click "Add To Custom Colors".

Now, once you have added that, you want to make it a little darker, the add it to your custom colors, then darker and darker, and darker, until you think you have enough...

Now, lets say your sprite you picked is Ryu... What you want to do is pick your lightest shade of red you made, and zoom in as much as you want on Ryu. Now you should see all the pixels... What you want to do now is pick the "Fill In Tool", (The one that looks like a bucket with a tip at the end). Now, you want to fill in the LIGHTEST color on Ryu ONLY! But do not color his skin (Unless you want that the same color to). Once you are sure you have colored in all the lightest shades of Ryu, its time to move on to the next shade.

You keep doing the same thing, but get a darker shade every time, then Bam.... Your finished... Unless you want to color the skin.

The Skin is the same as the other things you colored... just get the colors and fill in..

Photoshop..

I don't know to much about CC edits in Photoshop, so I'll just tell you what I know...

Basicly, it's like MS Paint, but you can zoom up more...

You just pick the Fill In Tool, and color in the lightest shade as I said in MS Paint. *

Sorry I don't know much about Photoshop CC Edits... But I'll try to learn as much as I can and post it up here...

Hypersnap..

This one is going to be one of the easiest CC Editing Programs you will ever use... This program makes me make CC Edits in 2 Minutes or under...

You can get this Trial at the link at the beginning of this thread..

Now what you want to do is pick a Sprite once again...

First I'm gonna tell you a cheap, way to easy, lazy way to make them...

All you do is click the tab "Color", Then color correction... then just play around with the Hue... I know it's kinda cheap... But Oh well O_o...

Now the other way...

Click the Color tab once again, but now pick "Substitute Colors", now another menu should come up... Click "Add"... then under Details there should be a Old Color section.... It should pick "Pick Color", then once you have done that, it should let you pick a color from your sprite... what you want is the Lightest color on what your coloring.. once you have clicked it, you want to pick a new color for it... So under New Color, there should be a color menu next to the "Pick Color" button. Once you have found that, you should get a box of colors beneath it... If you see it, click "More Colors" then start making colors like I said before in MS Paint...

Now pick the lightest color again... And replace it. Once you have done that... Click "Apply", and now all of your lightest pixels are changed... Now you just want to do the same with the rest of the pixels... and your done once again..

If you have any more question... Feel free to ask!
for photoshop you dont use the paint bucket...well atleast i dont...i make color pallettes save them nd then apply it the sprite...

<span style='color:red'>death is your only option</span>
{dark_lord} is offline   Reply With Quote