SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shane Killer Links 4 11-04-2009 02:53 PM
23 Arrested At Lil Wayne NY Concert MEGA_DRACOS_XRL General 9 09-02-2009 06:23 PM
Batman and Superman arrested in NYC. Wolfeh General 12 07-11-2009 11:46 PM
OJ Simpson arrested... again.. system4 Links 12 09-18-2007 09:09 PM
Woman arrested after disrupting flight SolidSnake76 General 13 10-05-2006 11:45 AM

Old 12-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shane Sparks Arrested

SYTYCD Choreographer Shane Sparks Charged With Child Molestation

by Todd Gold

Dec 18th, 2009 | 8:35 PM

Bad move for Shane Sparks.

The Emmy-nominated ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ choreographer was taken into custody for child molestation.

The Los Angeles Police Department arrested Sparks early Friday morning and charged him with eight counts of felony child molestation. He is being held in the Van Nuys jail on $590,000 bail.

According to a spokesperson for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office, Sparks, 35, was taken into custody at around 8 a.m. PT on Friday on a felony warrant charging him with molestation that allegedly began in the early-to-mid 1990s

Local LA TV news station KTTV reported that the victim was one of Sparks’ dance students at Millennium Dance Complex in Los Angeles.

“There’s one victim, and it occurred in the ’90s. I believe it started in ‘94 and went on for several years,” Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, told E! News. “It’s an underage girl. She was under 15 when the alleged crimes occurred. She is an adult now and came forward to authorities.”

Sparks is also a judge on MTV’s ‘America’s Best Dance Crew.’

Sparks’ resume includes work with Brandy, Aaliyah, Monica and Lindsay Lohan.

As noted on MTV.com, “Sparks is the second choreographer affiliated with SYTYCD to be arrested for sex crimes in recent months. Alex Da Silva, who specialized in the show’s salsa, mambo and Argentine tango routines was arrested last August n August on charges that he raped four of his dance students.”

Source

Why? I mean I don't know the guy other than on the TV-machine/ABDC... but dude?

*Points and laughs at bold*

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Elena
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM
Default Re: Shane Sparks Arrested

lol... typo.

But yeah, I never trusted him on SYTYCD. He always had his eyes covered and I can't trust a person who always has his eyes covered.

That's a shame. Po' ladies.
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena,Dec. 19 2009,14:40
How about poor guys? Let's look at this fact.

Fact: This guy Shane has been accused of child molestation by an adult female, who apparently has waited almost 16 years to come forward.

Now, why would this woman just now come forward? Was she afraid for her life? Highly doubtful. Was she too embarrassed? Highly doubtful. If she was too embarrassed or felt ashamed or whatever, she would have came forward before this guy Shane became famous. Now, with the media, etc on the case, she faces more potential embarrassment from the public, peers, etc.

I just don't see why this person is just now coming forward. I need way more facts before I can say for sure this is a child molestation case or a scheme to get money. This guy Shane could be innocent.

Also, why the hell did he get locked up? Based on what? An adult female accusing him of child molestation from 16 years ago? That's ridiculous. If that is all the information the district attorney had, etc to lock this guy up, then that is just sad and an embarrassment to the legal system. So, anyone can scream rape and have someone locked up on a 500+ thousand bond? That's insane.

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that there is an expiration date on the time allowed to charge someone for a crime like this. I think it is 10 years max, in that state. I'm not sure, but I think someone went through a loop hole to charge this guy in the first place.

So, I say again, poor guys.

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Could be she was ashamed. A lot of people who are victims of sexual abuse or rape lock it away for years. Could be seeing his face on TV everywhere made her want speak up.

Could be she lied and wants money.

Could be it was consesual at the time and she's making it look like it wasn't.

A whole lot of could be... but it's what you can prove.

Do witnesses/accusers lie sometimes? Yes. (See M.J.)

Does the system get it wrong sometimes? Yes.

Do you have any reason to believe either of the bold above are correct here? I don't think so. I think you're just making the argument just to make the argument.

He could be innocent? Yeah. That's why there's due process.

She could have lied? If she did, that'd come out and he'd be freed - we hope.

A little more here (TMZ linked by CBS where the court document PDF is linked)

And it seems part of the problem is real news is now playing catch up with the tabloids, (hell, the super-fast online tabliods nowadays), so they report what the tabliods reported. No taking the time to do more thorough investigating.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
Killer
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Well.. what i've seen.. Anyone associated with child molestation.. guilty or not.. the damage has been made.. no going back.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
Elena
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpower,Dec. 19 2009,21:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena,Dec. 19 2009,14:40
How about poor guys? Let's look at this fact.

Fact: This guy Shane has been accused of child molestation by an adult female, who apparently has waited almost 16 years to come forward.

Now, why would this woman just now come forward? Was she afraid for her life? Highly doubtful. Was she too embarrassed? Highly doubtful. If she was too embarrassed or felt ashamed or whatever, she would have came forward before this guy Shane became famous. Now, with the media, etc on the case, she faces more potential embarrassment from the public, peers, etc.

I just don't see why this person is just now coming forward. I need way more facts before I can say for sure this is a child molestation case or a scheme to get money. This guy Shane could be innocent.

Also, why the hell did he get locked up? Based on what? An adult female accusing him of child molestation from 16 years ago? That's ridiculous. If that is all the information the district attorney had, etc to lock this guy up, then that is just sad and an embarrassment to the legal system. So, anyone can scream rape and have someone locked up on a 500+ thousand bond? That's insane.

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that there is an expiration date on the time allowed to charge someone for a crime like this. I think it is 10 years max, in that state. I'm not sure, but I think someone went through a loop hole to charge this guy in the first place.

So, I say again, poor guys.
O_o
Quote:
[...] a 10 year statute of limitations for child molestation. HOWEVER, the crime can also be prosecuted within one year of WHENEVER a victim tells the police (even past the 10 year mark). This sounds rather contradictory, because this means that the 10 year limitation is essentially pointless, but it is the current law of the land. The California legislature is constantly debating about this, so the law may change in the near future. You should talk to a California attorney familiar with these cases for the most up to date information.
Lol poor guy? So what you're saying is if someone takes too long to come forward about a crime then they must be lying because all they want is money?

Strange way to look at it. Maybe she is lying but why not come out sooner? She could've came out last year...or the year before that while he was still big. Often times rape victims think they're the one to blame so they blame themselves...instead of their rapist.

Meh, maybe she is lying but she still could've came out before now...it's not like he JUST got big. He's been pretty big for a while. So she could've nailed him before now if she honestly wanted money.

But we'll see how this pans out.
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #7
Kim-Kam

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 388
Kim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished road

Shane always seems very sexual , like whenever a sexy move is shown he always does replays and stuff, but he seems like a stand up guy and he doesnt even look like he would hurt some one, but u never know.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
jasonthekidd11

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
jasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enough

^^ Agreed

I wonder what ABDC is going do now? also SYTYD wonder what they'll do with two judges in this situation

also the whole reputation thing (even if hes not guilty) its hard to come back from this

7/7/7
11/11/11
jasonthekidd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #9
4th~Espada

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
4th~Espada is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol@ the question why did they lock him up.

I don't think he has 590,000 smackeroos laying around anywhere.

4th~Espada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
Kim-Kam

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 388
Kim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished road

Hes famouse a Judge and choreographer...trust me he getting paid...
and true wheter guilty or innocent, its hard to recover from that.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
Killer
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

he won't.. his career is done.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote