SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vip troubles! g4ngst3r Members Help Center 4 06-25-2008 01:34 PM
More troubles: Vick positive for marijuana SolidSnake76 General 11 09-28-2007 02:02 PM
Post here fussion RaNdOm iNsAnItY 1 06-30-2006 06:28 PM

Old 06-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
Sir Nash

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough
Default What Troubles You Personally?? Post Here!

Hmm, I have noticed that our beloved community lacks a "support" thread where we can all post our challenges and tribulations in real life. Many of us have grown up together, so feel free to post/vent here about your lives. I realize that as much as we love to play SFO and want to keep things here strictly to "gaming", at the end of the day, we are all real people with real problems.

Life giving you a real whooping? Post here!

None of your friends/family "understand you"? Post here!

No one around you supports your dreams or goals? Post here!

Relationship problems? Post here!

Family problems? Post here!

Need advice on your projects? Post here!

Business/financial problems? Post here!

School/education problems? Post here!

If you don't want to post here in public view, which I encourage you to do, feel free to PM me or anyone willing to listen.

So share with us my brothers and sisters. What troubles you?

I will kick things off... ex girlfriend (4 years together) and I broke up in February (this year) and have been in no contact ever since, so roughly 4 months. Last night, I had a dream of us exchanging emails. Friendly at first, but as usual, we started arguing, and she replies back with:

"I am very happy with my new boyfriend, maybe you should meet us, so you can see just how happy we are"

I was like what heck?? Didn't even bother replying and just like that my eyes opened and I looked at the time: 8:08 am. So that's how I awoke on this fine Sunday. ... Perhaps this was a reminder by the gods to keep no contact, and that's exactly what I will do, no intention to contact her at all.

Last edited by Sir Nash; 06-15-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
~TR~Robert
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 84
~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about
Visit ~TR~Robert's Facebook
Default Re: What Troubles You Personally?? Post Here!

Dreams are usually your sub conscious attempting to solve problems you see or have when your awake. So maybe theirs some in the back of your mind or some un resolved feelings. or simply it was just your brain mashing things you think of or saw in your life. I still have dreams of my old elementary school when i have not been in my hometown over 15 years but i have dreams where i can still remember in detail the school and layout.

~TR~Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TR~Robert View Post
Dreams are usually your sub conscious attempting to solve problems you see or have when your awake. So maybe theirs some in the back of your mind or some un resolved feelings. or simply it was just your brain mashing things you think of or saw in your life. I still have dreams of my old elementary school when i have not been in my hometown over 15 years but i have dreams where i can still remember in detail the school and layout.
Yes you are correct, definitely the subconscious mind's doing. Perhaps there are some hidden lingering feelings, but I am happy and content, I don't hate her or wish her misfortune nor do I want reconciliation, definitely not now. Hmm, I see, perhaps you miss your youth? Maybe you should pay a visit in the near future.

Last edited by Sir Nash; 06-15-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:54 PM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Welcome to Dr Phil Nash !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:13 AM   #5
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Oh good I can unvent my frustration. So they asked me to be a support manager again cause this one that came in is leaving in 2 weeks like the 4 before him and after me. I said no and now they think they can toy with me. I put in for vacation and they denied it so I was like ok whatever and put in for a transfer to Loganville Wal-Mart and they denied that too. I was like whatever ill just work at everyone elses pace now. I get written up for productivity because im "purposely moving slow" so then I put in for an unpaid vacation and they denied that too.

So this is my new strategy Im going to get the rest of my computer parts and quit. I will walk into the meeting and go shut up....just shut the **** up and throw my badge down and box cutter and my discount card and then pull some change out my pocket and say super size it bitch.

Cause hell I had to work serious the other night we had 18 hours and 30 minutes worth of freight with 2 hours of picks and not to mention fill eggs, zone, fill milk, move the milk up to the line, and anything else the other shifts didnt do. We didnt get any help what so ever and we got the freight turned in 6 hours with having to downstack for 2 hours cause god forbid anything gets done before we get in. I told the co manager he should have sent someone to help and he got mad then asked why nothing god binned in and I said I can only do so much and he got even more mad as I clocked out and walked out when it was time to go.

Last edited by Liger Zero; 06-16-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

I've been broke for the better part of 6 years? It might be most evident in my lack of presence from a legally obtained standpoint since 2009. And total lack of presence in the past year.

I've been fired, hired, fired, quit, and rehired. Now I'm left with only a weak gig washing trucks and some money from club nights if I'm so ****ing lucky. I might get a side job from time to time, but that's just from my sheer willpower and self-whoring on the labor market in my area. My overall net worth on a weekly basis is probably 100 dollars (average) if I try hard enough. That's barely enough to cover my rent and pay for my ridiculous expenses.

I had been spending a great deal of money the previous year through with my THIRD band, which I thought was the one that was going to take me to the top. My second band had moderate local success but had absolutely no marketing potential outside of Europe, and after one trip to Norway we broke up a month later. This was after I lost my car.

dubya tee eff.

My third band had the best musicians by far, and with the six of us playing the most vicious melodic deathcore we could muster we broke to number 4 with our only single.

We were together for a year and played maybe fifty shows and made JACK **** to show for it. We recorded a single and it sounded like ****, but it got us to 4, so we got an EP deal and we recorded it. And the EP had 6 of our best, most brutal, most melodic, most technical songs. We were set, right?

Nah.

I got a new job and had to move quick to another house which was closer, and that meant moving 20 miles west. But since I didn't have a car, the band was concerned. >>

They were a bit more concerned when I got fired.

The band broke up because of personal differences. Way too deep to get into. We never released our EP, which is the main catalyst. Overall I couldn't do anything because I was going flat broke and ready to be evicted from my apartment in like three weeks and these pricks are like "OH **** WE NEED TO REPLACE HIM" instead of trying something ****ing productive. Instead of even bothering to try and protect my position besides these retards, I left.

Well, let's just say that as soon as I left, they fell apart. I lost my apartment and I left everything twenty miles away in a ****ing garage.

That led to my homeless incident, which wasn't all too bad considering that I'm a huge camping buff. I kind of considered it the most brutal outing I'd ever endure, so I made the best of it and enjoyed the struggle of living in a tent.

Suffice it to say, I got out of that **** as soon as possible.

It's been a seriously ****ed up couple of years for me. I've lost just about all of my possessions from my entire life, sold what was left, been through three different homes over 40 square miles in opposite directions of one another, been ****ed out of two jobs that I legitimately wanted to succeed in, lost my car, and found myself homeless for three weeks at the expense of a week long alcoholic spending spree that broke me out of 500 dollars that I could not legitimately replace.

I've done some of the most insane illegal **** I've ever done in my life in the past two years. I did some questionable **** when I was a kid, but right now I can't even begin to describe how I feel knowing that I might have been prison meat if I didn't make a lot of swift and decisive decisions.

I came back, held on to my only guitar, and fought my way out of the woods to the couch of a boarding home that became my dwelling for three months. There were was this old musician that helped me out by buying some of my gear and hooked me up with the boarding house when I told him of my struggles.

He also hooked me up with a gig at a blues/jazz club where I play every couple of weeks and hang out to drink and chill.

After scoring a comeback job I moved out to a two room apartment, which I thought was a smart idea.

Yeah, not so much.

I got like four paychecks before I realized I was going to hell in a whicker basket. My rent was still too high and I was spending too much money.

I moved to a nice boarding home that I personally picked for its low rent, location, and small but economically suitable space. Then I got fired.

Couldn't have happened at a more ideal time, all things considered. I had my rent covered, so I started spreading around that I needed work and spewing my epic chippy skillz. I ended up washing trucks instead, which worked out enough that I could support my rent and some expenses, and some random work helped out with my extravagancies.

Tomorrow I start a new job which offers in excess of 700 dollars per week, which is the most money I will have made since my most notable job, executive foreman for a small home construction company, which pretty much balanced in the same area.

I've been wishing for this job to come and this time I'm sure it's the one that I'm going to excel at.

Yesterday I was doing some demo work, and I stepped on a goddamn nail. >> I had to get a tetanus shot and they dug some debris out of the wound. I was seriously pissed. I still am, because my **** still hurts, and tomorrow I start working with a wound that might well have killed me if I wasn't smart enough to go to the hospital. >>

Let that be a lesson?

Yeah. Wolfeh is a troubled soul. But he's a happeh soul.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #7
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
Oh good I can unvent my frustration. So they asked me to be a support manager again cause this one that came in is leaving in 2 weeks like the 4 before him and after me. I said no and now they think they can toy with me. I put in for vacation and they denied it so I was like ok whatever and put in for a transfer to Loganville Wal-Mart and they denied that too. I was like whatever ill just work at everyone elses pace now. I get written up for productivity because im "purposely moving slow" so then I put in for an unpaid vacation and they denied that too.

So this is my new strategy Im going to get the rest of my computer parts and quit. I will walk into the meeting and go shut up....just shut the **** up and throw my badge down and box cutter and my discount card and then pull some change out my pocket and say super size it bitch.

Cause hell I had to work serious the other night we had 18 hours and 30 minutes worth of freight with 2 hours of picks and not to mention fill eggs, zone, fill milk, move the milk up to the line, and anything else the other shifts didnt do. We didnt get any help what so ever and we got the freight turned in 6 hours with having to downstack for 2 hours cause god forbid anything gets done before we get in. I told the co manager he should have sent someone to help and he got mad then asked why nothing god binned in and I said I can only do so much and he got even more mad as I clocked out and walked out when it was time to go.
Ahh yes, work drama, been there, done that, so I can relate. It's clear to me they don't like you and/or taking you for granted, so if you are in position to quit, then by all means do so. I despise workplace drama with passion, and for this, among many other reasons, I work for myself with no annoying bosses/supervisors/managers, etc. I work when I want. "If you don't like doing something, then don't do it." This is a simple principle that I live my life by, which has contributed immensely to my happiness.

How long have you been working at that Walmart? and how much longer until you get your computer parts? Where exactly are you getting these computer parts, online?

Last edited by Sir Nash; 06-17-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

The girls I know keep getting pregnant..

This troubles me..

Those who know me, know I already have 4 kids.. Guess what? I'll have 5 next month And oh wait... 6 in 9 more months .. BOOOOM...

But what troubles me is... WHY!!! lol.

Can anyone tell me?

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockattack View Post
The girls I know keep getting pregnant..

This troubles me..

Those who know me, know I already have 4 kids.. Guess what? I'll have 5 next month And oh wait... 6 in 9 more months .. BOOOOM...

But what troubles me is... WHY!!! lol.

Can anyone tell me?
because you don't use a ****ing condom ? lmao

^
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
guitarrocker

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yesterday I was doing some demo work, and I stepped on a goddamn nail. >> I had to get a tetanus shot and they dug some debris out of the wound. I was seriously pissed. I still am, because my **** still hurts, and tomorrow I start working with a wound that might well have killed me if I wasn't smart enough to go to the hospital. >>
lol silly Wolfeh xD steel-toe boots ftw.

and yeah at least tetanus shots are good for like 5 years .. I've hurt myself enough at work to know not to mess around when you're injured.

Man at least you're doing ok now sucks to see such a crappy streak .. I think my cousin owns a masonry company over around perth, I'd have to find out if you're ever at a last resort situation again. Sucks to be on the street.. but at least you camped it out which is total boss

Quote:
I approve lol go liger!

Quote:
because you don't use a ****ing condom ? lmao
This. lol .. maybe you can finish off someone other than the box? ;D
Old 06-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #11
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nash View Post
Ahh yes, work drama, been there, done that, so I can relate. It's clear to me they don't like you and/or taking you for granted, so if you are in position to quit, then by all means do so. I despise workplace drama with passion, and for this, among many other reasons, I work for myself with no annoying bosses/supervisors/managers, etc. I work when I want. "If you don't like doing something, then don't do it." This is a simple principle that I live my life by, which has contributed immensely to my happiness.

How long have you been working at that Walmart? and how much longer until you get your computer parts? Where exactly are you getting these computer parts, online?
Im working 5 years overall with the company but only 3 with this store. Im ordering all my stuff online and only need 3 more parts.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #12
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

what i find weird is the fact people waited for a thread about it to actually start talking...

but go on, im reading...
Old 06-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #13
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
what i find weird is the fact people waited for a thread about it to actually start talking...

but go on, im reading...
I put a thread in random insanity O_o
Old 06-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #14
FadeToBlack
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 176
FadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished road

My grandpa just passed away which was very unexpected. Been pretty sad about that for the past couple of days. Funeral is tomorrow. Other then that everything else is pretty good actually, but my grandpa passing really hit the fam hard.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #15
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like

blockattack: Hmmm with the help of condoms I have never had such troubles, so try them. If you hate condoms, then my question to you is are you using the "pull out technique" correctly?? ...

Liger Zero: I see, instead of quitting, why not get yourself fired? Quitting never reflects well on the employee.

FadeToBlack: Sorry to hear that bro, my condolences. May he rest in peace. How old was he if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #16
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
blockattack: Hmmm with the help of condoms I have never had such troubles, so try them. If you hate condoms, then my question to you is are you using the "pull out technique" correctly?? ...

Liger Zero: I see, instead of quitting, why not get yourself fired? Quitting never reflects well on the employee.

FadeToBlack: Sorry to hear that bro, my condolences. May he rest in peace. How old was he if you don't mind me asking?
Look Ive done a million and one things to try and get fired and it hasnt happened yet so Im quitting.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Lieger, and i saw that thread and even posted in it.
but RI is kinda not the place for that though...

as for your firing thing...
have you tryed calling in sick for a month straight.
or even go there, punch and then go out of the place. coming back only when its time to punch back.
that usually tends to annoy bosses and makes you fired on the spot after the third time.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:33 AM   #18
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
what...
In America, it's the opposite. Quitting means you left of our own choice for some reason. Fired means you did something wrong and the company did not want you anymore.

When you're interviewing for the next job, they will ask what you did to get fired and it hurts your chances of getting the job. Why would the new company hire someone who got fired for not showing up to work?

Liger don't get fired. That is the worst advice I've ever heard

Last edited by masterbob; 06-18-2014 at 12:36 AM.
masterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:43 AM   #19
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

No worrys i went in tonight and quit then said goodbye to some of my co workers.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:21 AM   #20
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

@Wolfeh. All I can say is that I am glad you have this new job. No one should have to go through all that trouble. I wish you best of luck at this new job and don't get fired. Kk thanks

@Liger. Quitting is easy now you gotta get a new job. I hope you do soon...if you want.

@block. You intrigue me. How many baby mommaz would this make? And why are you so lustful. I am toyally judging you. But then again Congratulations! I want to see pics of all your kids as they come.

@fadetoblack. I am sorry for your loss. May his soul RIP.

As for me I am no problems not anymore. The only stressful thing is that I am trying to buy a house.. in the Bronx. Preferably 3 family. .to generate income
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:12 AM   #21
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Crystal View Post
As for me I am no problems not anymore. The only stressful thing is that I am trying to buy a house.. in the Bronx. Preferably 3 family. .to generate income
should be cheap lolz
Old 06-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #22
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Crystal View Post
@Wolfeh. All I can say is that I am glad you have this new job. No one should have to go through all that trouble. I wish you best of luck at this new job and don't get fired. Kk thanks

@Liger. Quitting is easy now you gotta get a new job. I hope you do soon...if you want.

@block. You intrigue me. How many baby mommaz would this make? And why are you so lustful. I am toyally judging you. But then again Congratulations! I want to see pics of all your kids as they come.

@fadetoblack. I am sorry for your loss. May his soul RIP.

Not sure what I want. My disability pays for my bills and such.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #23
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
should be cheap lolz
You're funny.. Bronx is not as expensive as Manhattan but is still considered city life.. jerk jerk!

@LIGER maybe you want to travel a lil.. sight seeing.
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #24
Noobkiller

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough

I usually play the part where my life is going great, no one would think otherwise; not my parents, friends, no one really, but damn is it hay-side up and perhaps at its worst.

When I first came to NYU most of my funding was covered by scholarships and financial aid. A year of screwing around and taking things light turned my life upside down. Gpa hit rock bottom, mails were being sent to my place stating that I would now have to pay 25k a year for uni and that's without any other related expenses. I haven't bothered my folks about it, just taking a few loans out, but that's where things are getting iffy. I'm not really sure about my field of study and it feels like its too late. Out of all the things to be doing, I ended up studying actuarial science(actuary) thinking it was the "easiest" path on becoming a millionaire & thought I enjoyed the subject. In the end of the day, I guess i'm not feeling too passionate about it? Not even sure really, but I feel like as long as i'm paying for it, i'm at least obligated to pretend as if I like it.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #25
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Hey noobkiller, everything is going to be okay because for one I know from experience. When life starts putting mountains and hurdles in front of you thats when you start taking things one day at a time and realize that trouble won't last always. When I was growing up for the most part of my childhood, I want too say from the ages of 10-15 years old there was a drought in our family financially and even at that time I didn't think my family or even myself for that matter would make it but I cant help but to say thank you God because he made a way out of no way.

My parents paid off a 75,000 dollar debt, I did great in high school to attend Ohio State University for four years for free and I am standing before my peers as a school psychologist and a foster parent doing pretty okay for myself. I tell you these things to encourage you and let you know that when things start getting rough, when you feel like there is no way, just when you think about giving up, just when youre at your breaking point, stay strong, believe in yourself and encourage yourself because their will be times in your life when nobody is going to pat you on the back, or even be a ear to listen when youre going through things. I know everything will be okay, because look at me.

Last edited by CiaraSpareNo1; 06-18-2014 at 09:33 AM.