Tekken 6 preview dam_ite!!! General 24 06-18-2006 10:04 AM

Old 10-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Real Steel Preview

Hi people of the world, yours truly coming in for another review of a movie that came out in theathers this friday.

let me start by saying that this was a "ROCKY" of the modern times movie. it doesn'T folow at all the pattern of rocky, im not saying its a clone cause its really not. but i must say that if rocky would be remade these days it would be something along these lines...

The story is the one of an old boxer that got shot down because of the way boxing has changed. hes trying to make a living off the robot battles of today int he ring, but in the end people see this more as an entertainement then anything else. his son gets in the way and thats when things starts to get interesting... Things evolved and in the end this boxer (Charlie kenton) has a second chance in the ring... a real one.

Now this movie makes think of the game punch out on the old NES. i mean its all about ATOM a second generation training robot which is like twice smaller then most of his opponents fighting and being hit hard by more advanced technology. its not just the life of a father and son, its the life of an old robot trying to proove old doesn't mean obsolete. The game has become much more of a game for childrens of the video games industry then it is about real boxing. Charlie Kenton and his son are about to proove otherwise. the kids a mental genius who knows everything about the battle bots, but hes not stupid, he needs a real boxing expert to make things worth. thats when charlie kenton will need to step up and proove the world that boxing, though has changed form real to virtual, hasn't changed !

The story is awesome as you can tell.
it seriously is, its a 127 minutes movie with a great in depth story driven not by the fights you could expect, but mainly by the characters living in it. a true story worth seeing. it is a familly movie (rated 13+ here in canada) that you can actually refer to. i swear there is always characters in there that you can count on and say, thats me. just like the kid, i do think the world though advancing thru technology hasn't truly lost its roots.

ILM did a pretty great job at making the robot animations. i mean the actual models used threu animations are made identical to the real ones made for still shots. because yes they both mixed things, they gave the actors real robot to work on, and they made the robots CGI during fighting scenes. the end result is just that amasing, you think the robots are ****ing real. the kind of movie i am so glad they made that much time for it.

the future in which it is of, is not that advanced compared to us, so dont expect a lot of big cities or big differences compared to todays life. we're speaking of a future that is barely 10 years away from us. and the change to robots hapenned like in 2007 or something like that. so dont expect a much higher level of sci-fi here... the robots and the controllers are pretty much the only real difference you will see.

when it comes from robots... consider it like a game, someone is behind the robots all the time. controlling him int he way that they tell him what to do in which situations. technology to its best, some uses voice controllers. others uses good old gamepads. that is truly making the movie a great asset because in the end you dont just think of the robots you think of their owners as well who most of the times have putted their whole life to those bots.

i seriously wasn't expecting this kind of story, i was expecting a good familly movie worth mentionning and the story was awesome. more then i ever imagined. in the end when i said to my friend this was a true ROCKY of the modern times, i wasn'T lieing... its all about courage, strenght against adversity and the emotions of the characters trying hard to make a living off the boxing sport.

i usually dont give this kind of notes to a movie, i always find it hard to give the perfect score or even near the perfect score, btu this movie is picking up my movie of all time best. it gets up in the top spots with star wars and star trek movies. so i give this a 10/10 note. the perfection do exist after all. i never though i'd give that to a movie, but it was that amasing. the mythos behind all of this movie was just that strong. a master piece that i hope will see a second opus that will blow my mind away the same way it did.

a well paid 10$, a well timed 127 minutes movie.
go see it, its a must see of the year !

BTW: Real Steel is the name of the new boxing sport.
its not World Boxing anymore, its Real Steel !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:
Default Re: Real Steel Preview

Lol! people come up with crazy stuff, I seen the previews for it I liked it and I believe this movie will have a part 2 to it.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
Master08
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Master08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit Master08's Facebook Visit Master08's YouTube

Iv seen that fim and its worth a watch Its brill and if you want to see it for free ASK ME FOR THE SITE My Username (X-A)Master010
Old 10-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1662
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

nice review Karma, I honestly saw a trailer for this and didn't really think too much of it. Now I might give a second chance. Nothing better than going into a movie with no expectations and getting blown away by how good it is!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Shadow~Jolteon
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Shadow~Jolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit Shadow~Jolteon's YouTube

Is there a link I can view this or trailer? I love the Rocky movies I watch but except part 5 was slightly boring due to no build up hype that leads to the ring.

Just now today I get to watch Final Destination 5 from downloaded and I wanna keep my eye on this one whenever it's available online or download.
Page #2, is the reason this user is now banned from the Forum.
- Contact blockattack
Shadow~Jolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, but I didn't read. lol. Seeing it regardless of reviews. (What? This isn't no Sucker Punch. )

Robots...fighting robots...and Hugh Jackman.

Jolteon, google it. But FYI: Best trailer sources are Movie-List.com, Coming Soon.net, and IMDB.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 10-10-2011 at 09:43 PM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
Shadow~Jolteon
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Manage to did that before I see that post lol.

Not trying to go off topic but can someone tell me any info about Terminator 5? The latest I used to watch is Terminator 3 and a while ago I download Terminator 4 and Saw 7. I don't see much if Terminator 5 hasn't been release yet or it hasn't become a downloadable movie yet to watch. I see Saw 8 coming at 10/22/11 which means I'll know when to look this up again.

Edit: Having a feeling "Terminator 5" might have another name like Terminator 4 is Salvation. If so then I'm going be pretty pissed at the names. Like the numbers better..
- Contact blockattack

Last edited by Shadow~Jolteon; 10-10-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:27 AM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Shadow Terminator only has 4 out... unless you count that terminator 3D movie ?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
Shadow~Jolteon
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, it was Terminator 5 I saw, well from this site it shows me right here.

http://teaser-trailer.com/movie/terminator-5/

The 3D came after T-3? I needed to catch up with what movie versions it has.

On topic: Yesterday I see Real Steel trailer there and I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it.
- Contact blockattack
Old 10-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

thats the upcoming movie, i didn't knew they would actually get on with it.
everyone actually think they are pushing it too far...
after all the last terminator movie actually wrapped up quite good the loop in time travel.

anyway im probably going to go see real steel again in theathers, thats how good it is, i barely ever go see movies twice. only a few i did.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #11
((HF)Kindaru
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 970
((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about
Visit ((HF)Kindaru's Twitter Visit ((HF)Kindaru's YouTube

Apparently, i didnt have any focus towards what Karma said about REAL STEEL. But, yes i consider the movie to be one movies that practically reminds you of both entertainment (Kung Fu Panda 1-2) and Mechanical Violence (Terminator). I've already seen the movie and about to go see it again. Besides it worth the $30-60 bucks just to see it in IMAX. Assuming you like a crappy view and prefer a regular version of it which is not IMAX. But, anyways going to see The Thing this Saturday, depending if my sister is free and willing to take me to Kings Plaza so we can see it there in IMAX!!!!

Bump: Well not as funny as kung fu panda but does give a good amount of amusement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying-FrEEman View Post
Man! I laugh so hard when i read this i probably popped a hernia, now i might lose
"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. To each, tell their own tale."- Mahiro Fuwa
<-- Definition of new everything
((HF)Kindaru is offline   Reply With Quote