SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SFO Level Design Showcase TitaniumFist Banners, Avatars and Images 418 06-29-2017 08:48 PM
Soul Shooter Online Level Design system4 Banners, Avatars and Images 82 08-18-2009 12:14 PM
Design by me estset Banners, Avatars and Images 11 03-17-2006 08:39 AM

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice
Talking Re: [ SFO's Level Design Contest ]

Welcome to the first ever, official "Level Design Contest" of SFO (also known as: LDC)

Yep, you heard it here first (as opposed to hearing it, somewhere else?), you .. yes YOU (ie: anyone) can design the next stage/level which will be added to SFO

This means, thousands upon thousands of players will get to experience your stage ... as well as lose and/or win in style ... all thanks to your handy work

But it doesn't stop there ... if you are the winner of the contest, not only will your custom stage be added to the game for others to enjoy, but, a special version of your stage will also be created, and will be owned by you .. ONLY

That's right .. we are talking about your own stage/level, that NO ONE else will have (not even me or the rest of the sysops) ... (of course if you were cool enough to host a match with your own personal stage .. and say ... others were to join it ... well, then they would get a chance to fight in your level as well ... or better yet, you could beat them in style ... right there in your very own stage )

But, of course there are a few ground rules

1: The level/stage you design has to "fit" into the world of SFO (this would normally mean the level has to be taken from, or created from parts of stages found in any of the VS. games, MSH, the Alpha games ... or anything else "Street Fighter" related that is not completely ludicrous ... (ie: if you put a picture of gambit into your stage that's all fine and dandy, but no Mario Brothers, Mortal Combat and/or Homer ... because those obviously do NOT belong in SFO .. this also means you should go easy on personalizing your level ... a tiny clan insignia on a tomb-stone is acceptable, but don't put a giant picture of a celebrity in the middle of your stage ... which also means, your stage should stick to 256 art (such as the ones found in the 90's era arcade games) ... ie: NO photo-realistic images, and NO 8-bit era art from the original Pac Man)

2: This official LDC contest starts right NOW, and will last all through the holidays, with winners being announced on: December 12th, 19th, 26th, and January 2nd (as you can see everyone will have multiple chances to win, and if your stage is not good enough at first, it might get another chance as the contest continues )

3: SFO's staff cannot enter the contest (and you just KNOW system4 already had Photoshop opened before he read this entire thread )

4: Your stage has to be a single image in a JPG format, with a minimum size of 700x400 pixels. Here is an example:

And here is what that same stage looks like inside the game:

(everyone is welcome to give a "name" their stage ... as long as that name is "appropriate" and "short" ... or it won't fit the tiny box in the char-selection screen)

Now, as you can see the level above is made up mostly from parts found in the existing SFO levels (which in turn can be found in various VS games) thus, this level complies with rule #1 (seen above).

You can however alter the size of your JPG image/level within reason. The maximum image size should NOT be more than 1000x1000 pixels, but you can vary that as well (for example, your stage can be 1000 pixels in width, and 500 pixels in height). Another thing to note is that your stage should not be too "high" (ie: a height of 500 pixels is plenty ... 1000 would be overkill, because who's going to jump that high to see it? ) and the level should not be too "low" (the stage should have at LEAST 400 pixels in height, or there will be nothing to show/scroll when you super-jump).

Hopefully the above made sense to most of you. If not, feel free to post your questions and they will probably be answered.

Or better yet, since you only have 2 weeks before the first winner is announced, start cracking on your "winning" entry, and post a link to your JPG image/level/stage right here in this very thread (that's all you have to do if you want to "enter" and/or win this contest).

There is no limit to how many stages you can submit, but, you should probably only post links to your "best" work (and not just spam the thread with 300 versions of the Blanka stage from the original SF2)

.. The winners of the contest will of course be picked by yours truly (unless I get busy, in which case we'll make blanka09 do it ?? .. yeah .. that sounds about right) so feel free to check back all through he holidays to see the winning stage in action

(oh, and before you hear any rumors, there is another version of this contest happening for the VIP's ... who will in turn get a chance to create the first ever VIP-only stages of SFO)

Lastly, the LDC has nothing to do with the "Christmas Update" ... that's something else entirely

And there you have it

---------------

Dec 12th LDC Winner: DrunkenMasta with his: LDC Winter stage

Dec 19th LDC Winner: W3APON-X with his: Temple stage

Dec 26th LDC Winner: ZhouYuX with his: Hong Kong stage

Jan 2nd LDC Winner: W3APON-X with his: Dojo and Serenity stages

Old 11-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 840
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: [ SFO's Level Design Contest ]

nice stuff im pretty sure obnoxius will win this.

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
Old 11-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
ChazyFresh

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 64
ChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome Tmyapp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
Only till you die? I'll be buried with my terrible towel.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

I'm going to attempt it, but I'm sure many other people will create better ones than me. ^^

- Good Luck.

^ Thanks estset.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough

Nice,I'll soon try to make some.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Cool, Im gonna win this for..... Oh wait....

Lol.

Anyway, I hinted as much as I could, I smilied at everything I could smiley at lol.
You should have know something good would have come about.

And much more to come.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

Old 11-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
4~LiFe
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 7
4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point4~LiFe is an unknown quantity at this point

great great, ill try one later
Old 11-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

SFO does care.

perfect example.

Obnoxious creates this brilliant idea, and TMyApp makes it reality.

unfortunately for me, i won't be able to participate TO THE MAX, but i'd love to see what people can do with a lil photoshoping.

best of luck guys.

i'll probably try and make at least 1, but no promises

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Old 11-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
(*~DwAyN3~*)

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Sweet

i'll see what i can come up with later

Old 11-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough

Is this ok,or we can't add animations to them?

This is another version that is saved as a JPEG.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...SFOStage-1.jpg

Old 11-28-2008, 07:12 PM   #11
TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice

Strider26: you can add them "for fun" ... but, since the stage file has to be a JPG ... it is not possible to have custom animated stages ... yet
Old 11-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #12
mak16
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
mak16 is an unknown quantity at this point

i will join givea shot at it but mines will not be Done using PhotoShop
Old 11-28-2008, 08:02 PM   #13
#1sakurafan
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 16
#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point

if i knwon this was even possible i woulda educated myself on how to use photoshop

[img]
[img]
DONT YOU JUST LOVE PWNING AND OWNING BISON ^_^

http://jehovahswitnessnews.wordpress.com/
Old 11-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #14
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (TMyApp @ Nov. 28 2008,17:12)]Strider26: you can add them "for fun" ... but, since the stage file has to be a JPG ... it is not possible to have custom animated stages ... yet
Alright got it,well more coming soon.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #15
MegaDarkness
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
MegaDarkness is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (blockattack @ Nov. 28 2008,17:36)]Cool, Im gonna win this for..... Oh wait....

Lol.

Anyway, I hinted as much as I could, I smilied at everything I could smiley at lol.
You should have know something good would have come about.

And much more to come.
dats y we luv u xD
Old 11-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #16
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Allow me to give you a small help.

Do remember that SFO has stages from SNK games as well, so the custom stages don't have to be 100% Capcom/marve| like. It just has to fit the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]3: SFO's staff cannot enter the contest (and you just KNOW system4 already had Photoshop opened before he read this entire thread )
Darn, no MSPaint created stage from me.

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Want to know what is the music played in SFO?
Old 11-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #17
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Newest one,it's ugly though.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #18
system4

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 116
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]3: SFO's staff cannot enter the contest (and you just KNOW system4 already had Photoshop opened before he read this entire thread )
Rofl.. wow.. I didn't even see this..

Good one.. TMyApp..

Old 11-28-2008, 10:46 PM   #19
mak16
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
mak16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm Does this mean this gonnabe implanted in the game ?
Old 11-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #20
REDSIX

Post Thanks / Like
REDSIX is an unknown quantity at this point

If i fix my computer up i'll try my magic hand at this.
(and win...*achoo!!) ._.)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I Gotz Da "Flay-Vurh" O_O</td></tr></table>
Old 11-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #21
KingofStreetfighter101

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 32
KingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (mak16 @ Nov. 28 2008,22:46)]Hmm Does this mean this gonnabe implanted in the game ? *
My thoughts exactly.

I'll see what i can do with my basic level of MS Paint/Photoshop.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #22
Crying-FrEEman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Crying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura about

I have to say this is great ....

Go Hard ... OR ... Go Home!

Xtreme X Clan

Need For Speed Launch Sydney 2010

Enter Sick Pick

Old 11-29-2008, 03:47 AM   #23
KingofCrap
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
KingofCrap is an unknown quantity at this point

Great.

This should bring screenshots up to a whole new level, pun intended.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #24
Luke500
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 183
Luke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enough

Im banned from sfo,but shouldn't hold out on others.
Ile give it a try.
Edit-I made em.

Versions 1,2,3
More to come.

Hey guess what?
Update!

Zomg these updates are coming fast *

Zomg EasterEgg Update this time!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #25
W3AP0N-X
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
W3AP0N-X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Now im gonna use my Photoshop CS4 Extended's Powers to make a good Stage wait i got a idea Onslaughts belly lol or Hell or Heaven wait can i post Mugen stages but that would be rip wouldnt it??